• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII confirmed for Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gattsu25

Banned
Wow, this was a welcome surprise. I'm hoping they'll also announce a Q4 US release date :b
bloody pirate said:
Yes sell it.. I'm selling mine.. too.. just started a auction on EBAY.. fuck Sony.. its a piece of shit anyway
:lol

soldat7

ssoass said:
You mean you don't want it to be like one of the most highly acclaimed FFs of all? (FFXII)

Nope. Not one bit. :D

bloody pirate said:
Yes sell it.. I'm selling mine.. too.. just started a auction on EBAY.. fuck Sony.. its a piece of shit anyway

Are you being serious? Keep some focus people!

• God of War III
  • Little Big Planet
  • TEAM ICO TEAM ICO TEAM ICO

I'd like to also mention Team ICO.

Zezboob

Muppet345 said:
Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIII for 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye.
Basically you're teaching S-E how works japanese culture.

They will call you for more lessons, just wait.

BobsRevenge said:
Because I still have a PS3 and a decent PC. Still barely missing out on anything. I have to wait a bit longer for some games but in general I'm pretty golden. I certainly am not going to spend $300 for a few games and some convenience, especially when most of the "exclusives" just get released on the PC later with better graphics and more content.

same here :p

and i knew that this would happen sooner or later, square just wants to make money, thats their pupose as a company, being profitable, look at all their ports and remakes, and dragonquest for ds.

to all the guys who bought a ps3 for ffxiii, next time, wait until they release the game (better wait for one year after they released the game) and THEN buy the console.

LMAO @ all the meltdowns by the Sony fanboys, but I personally have almost zero interest in FF games but I do feel bad for those who bought a PS3 for this game

but inferior FF13 confirmed now

Muppet345 said:
Um, no. High on life, maybe

No. I learned what I know about Japan from my friend Mark-san who teaches English in Japan, several Japanese culture classes (which I got all As in, and my teachers enjoyed me), and partaking in Japanese culture. So I know a lot.

:lol I just love this guy!

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
RevenantKioku said:
Don't worry, he always has the "I was just mocking the Japanophiles!" defense.

I don't know how much you know about Japanophiles (I am an expert) but if you mock them, they will bash every western game you like from now to the of time. The only way you can avoid this fate worse than death is to jump on the "Kojima really is a good writer" bandwagon...

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
soldat7 said:
Xbox Live is their trump card and it keeps getting better and better. Live is spanking every other online service out there and that includes any PC service. It's shocking how good Xbox Live really is....if you have friends with Live.

Home really has to deliver, it really does.
Yeah, Live Gold is pretty sweet. The PC still has better online service because it's completely open and has many more ways to facilitate online gaming and most of it is completely free. The PS3 can't compete with it and unfortunately a lot of devs are too lazy to actually integrate similar PSN functionality or write their own code to make their PS3 games roughly equivalent to Live features because they aren't forced to.

It is a killer service though. Props to MS for making it.

I think as a comprehensive 'all you need' service, yes, Live is better. All the services on PC are way more flexible, but I use them all in conjunction with other things like MSN, AIM.. etc.

genjiZERO

commariodore64 said:
If you say so...

what's 'wrong' with what I said. Have you played RE5 yet? And multiplatform co-development and multiplatform porting aren't the same thing. I could care less if FF13 is ported to other systems. What bothers me is that SE can't possibly max out the potential of both systems to make the game. They're going to have to make sacrifices to make the programming work so it can be released in a similar quality on both systems.

ari

Banned
dreamer3kx said:
ff13 is not the be all say all, its a punch in the gut for Sony but they do have a bunch of good shit coming out in the future. When God of War comes out you will see the people jump right back on the bandwagon.
What do that have to do with owning a 360?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Muppet345 said:

No. I learned what I know about Japan from my friend Mark-san who teaches English in Japan, several Japanese culture classes (which I got all As in, and my teachers enjoyed me), and partaking in Japanese culture. So I know a lot.

Haha...

Hahaha... :lol

Ha...

Are you seriously serious? Just stop now before you make a further fool of yourself.

edit: nm, I'm sure you're joking at this point.

jaaz said:
Sorry, but it's clear as mud right now. SE statements seem to imply that they are shelving a completed PS3 game until they develop the 360 version.

Yes, it implies that to people who don't have any idea how development works.

FFXIII is running on a multi-platform architecture called Crystal Tools. Whatever version of it currently exists is running on PCs, not as compiled console code on either a PS3 or X360. All the assets are being developed with both versions in mind, the game is getting built with the possibility of whatever break points may be needed for disc-swapping built in, etc.

They'll finish the game, perform optimizations and asset scaling for PS3, and press up the Japanese version; during the following six to eight month window, they'll do the same optimizations and new testing on the 360 version so that it and the PS3 version can launch on the same date in the US and Europe. It's really not that they're "developing" the game from the ground up for 360; they'll just be performing whatever optimizations and porting tasks are needed to do it.

genjiZERO said:
I think multiplatform makes for generic gaming

Really? You think that the difference between releasing a game for one of the two almost identical HD hardware platforms, and releasing it for both of the two almost identical HD hardware platforms, is that the game becomes somehow more generic? Really?

Muppet345 said:
You are delusional if you think these situations are comparable. Nintendo and Sony are both Japanese companies. Microsoft is American.

Dude, anything resembling the "OMG THE NIPPONESE IS RACIST AGAINST EVUL GAIJINBOX" argument just makes you look like a moron.

Squash said:
The thing I am most curious though is how this will sell on 360. Will it do a lot better or relatively the same as the other 360 rpgs like Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey.

Lost Odyssey did very well in the US, so I don't see any reason why FFXIII wouldn't do comparable numbers to its old franchise performance overall, probably split between the consoles at something between 3:2 and 1:1.

I saw this headline at work and went "HOLY SHIT!!"

I own 360 & PS3 already so it does nothing for me, but i still was surprised. This isn't FF7 on PSX announcement level of impact, but its about as close to that as i could think of.

Shocking

Defuser

Wow,I just take a one night sleep and this megaton happens? I should have stay up late if I knew what happened.

Time for Sony to pack up their stuff because it's over for them.

Blackace

Muppet345 said:

well that was fun while it lasted...

Vinnk

Muppet345 said:
Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIII for 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Woah, stand back guys. Expert coming though!

Muppet345 said:

I didn't know Mark-San was involved in this.

This man knows what he is talking about.

:lol

EDIT: Oh the jokes on me. It was a joke post all along. You got me. Damn you Mark-San!!!

So lets put it this way. It will still sell a shit load on PS3 in japan. It will sell a lot on both 360 and PS3 everywhere else.
The PS3 fanboys are bitter because they lost their big 3rd party exclusive.

The biggest exclusive therefore is MGS4.

Does this mean that Hideo Kojima wins?

Blackace

Zefah said:
Haha...

Hahaha... :lol

Ha...

Are you seriously serious? Just stop now before you make a further fool of yourself.

edit: nm, I'm sure you're joking at this point.

but Mark-san!!!

zoku88

soldat7 said:
There is not a single service on the PC that can compete feature for feature with Live. Combine several disparate services and maybe you have an argument.
I don't think you really know what you're talking about, my friend...

Name a feature that steam doesnt have...

sphinx

the piano man
guys could we please put the console warz aside and specualte about how this can alter or change the future of the "Fabula Nova Crsytallis" project?

does a lack of any announcements at MS's Press Conference means the remaining games will go either to sony or nintendo?

I am excited and looking forward to learn what else will we get, ( unless it's for japanese mobile phones >_< ).

I mean, it's about damn time the remaining 3 games get unveiled, right?? 3 years into the generation is enough to decide what to do with the games.

fabula_nova_crystallis1.jpg

soldat7

BobsRevenge said:
Yeah, Live Gold is pretty sweet. The PC still has better online service because it's completely open and has many more ways to facilitate online gaming and most of it is completely free. The PS3 can't compete with it and unfortunately a lot of devs are too lazy to actually integrate similar PSN functionality or write their own code to make their PS3 games roughly equivalent to Live features because they aren't forced to.

It is a killer service though. Props to MS for making it.

Shame it's not free though. Honestly it needs to be free.

smurfx

get some go again
lol damn i fell asleep and missed the whole conference except the end of the conference when this was announced. huge announcement but i wonder if they will also port versus.

Opiate

Muppet345 said:

You took Japanese culture classes? Several of them?

CcrooK said:
Or Sony just pony's up the cash and keep Versus exclusive to the PS3...but that seems doubtful...

Well, I was looking forward to seeing what Square could squeeze out of the PS3 when they devoted all their resources to it, but, doesn't seem likely now.

So, to reiterate, only way to make up for this is - more titties on the PS3 version. Hear that, Sony?
fuckers

el Diablo

Banned
Awntawn said:
I don't think it's so much of this as it is a disappointing reality check that FFXIII is not going to be the game to unlock PS3's rumored secret hidden magic sauce, if ever one were to be made.

It's like you pulled the exact thoughts out of my head.....

I have no doubt that the 1st party Sony teams will continue to push the tech, the problem and most disappointing thing for me though is that NONE of their franchises interest me more than a rental. It's a large part of why i was looking forward to XIII even though i hated XII so much.

Muppet345 said:

Right. So, you used that "extensive knowledge" to infer that the Japanese populace will boycott a Final Fantasy game becase they "sold out" and released it on the XBOX 360.....IN AMERICA ONLY.

Right. Because they really care what Americans buy. For god sakes, the Xbox is Japan's worst selling console. Nobody cares.

Dot50Cal said:
Wow. I hope this guy is a joke poster. Anyway, a reading:
http://tiredgamer.ytmnd.com/

Had to do an old voice. My voice is totally gone and this is all I can do today.

WIN :lol :lol :lol

soldat7 said:
Nope. Not one bit. :D

Are you being serious? Keep some focus people!

• God of War III
  • Little Big Planet
  • TEAM ICO TEAM ICO TEAM ICO

I'd like to also mention Team ICO.

F a GOW3 DMC4 clone
F a LBP kiddy BS
F team ico and there false hopes

I can play all the games i want on 360

too human
FF13 WITH ACHIEVEMENTS
AND gears 2

take that sony.. you just lost me.. fucking pricks

I would rather die from RROD.. then get stabbed on the back from a worthless in debt piece of shit company

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Blackace said:
but Mark-san!!!
I know this dude. He totally practices autofellatio with a guy in the mountains.
And don't wikipedia autofellatio if you just want to make sure that is the right term. Holy fuck.

ari

Banned
bloody pirate said:
F a GOW3 DMC4 clone
F a LBP kiddy BS
F team ico and there false hopes

I can play all the games i want on 360

too human
FF13 WITH ACHIEVEMENTS
AND gears 2

take that sony.. you just lost me.. fucking pricks

I would rather die from RROD.. then get stabbed on the back from a worthless in debt piece of shit company
:lol :lol :lol

zoku88

RevenantKioku said:
I know this dude. He totally practices autofellatio with a guy in the mountains.
And don't wikipedia autofellatio if you just want to make sure that is the right term. Holy fuck.
You know how you when you say 'dont do this..' it makes people want to do it?

Well, I hate you >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom