• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII confirmed for Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

beat

jimbo said:
Ok so now that the shock has died down, and the thread is just about completely derailed, where are all the people that are actually excited that FFXIII is coming to the 360 and genuinely care about the game itself?
I'm moderately excited for FFXIII (hell, I liked Advent Children and if FFXIII can bring some of the sense of those battle scenes to a game, I'll be very pleased).

But I can't genuinely care care when there hasn't been a truly new trailer for years and the release date is both unspecified and probably far in the future.

HolyStar

Banned
Why isn't this thread locked? Everyone kind of got over the excitement and nothing more can be said at this point that hasn't already been stated 100 times already.

HolyStar said:
Why isn't this thread locked? Everyone kind of got over the excitement and nothing more can be said at this point that hasn't already been stated 100 times already.

This only happened on Monday, and threads are usually allowed to die naturally here.

HolyStar said:

Really now? We can't continue to discuss?

If there isn't anything more to say, the thread will die. Do you not like the reminder?

HolyStar said:

Sometimes news like this need to be reminded 100 times.:lol

Fatalah

I have never played a FF game, but I'm glad I have the opportunity to try this AAA series.

Don't blame me, I owned a Genesis, N64, Gamecube.

Okayokay, I owned an NES, but I wasn't drawn to FF. Too busy playing Zelda I guess.

PhatSaqs

Banned
HolyStar said:
Why isn't this thread locked?
6ofazp1.gif

Diablos

Nolan. said:
The fact that the 360 is getting a ''port'' means it wasn't catered to cell as much as some would have believed to begin with. For all we know their tools might have always been multiplatform. So as for running better thats like a lot of things surrounding this game simply hypothetical.
Yep.

But they could code it in such a way where certain types of hardware features can play the game at higher detail settings (like if your PC, for example, which is better than my PC playing Crysis on one detail setting higher). Also, remember the live blog? They said there would be differences between the game being on Blu-Ray and DVD-9.

http://kotaku.com/5025033/liveblogging-square-enix-press-conference said:
1:56
Question: How will the Xbox 360 and the PS3 versions be different?

1:57
Says Kitase: We planned on having the contents the same, but obviously the Blu-ray and the DVD will be different.
This could maybe just mean some more extra features on a Blu-Ray or something, or it could mean less compressed textures and stuff like that.

Diablos said:
Yep.

But they could code it in such a way where certain types of hardware features can play the game at higher detail settings (like if your PC, for example, which is better than my PC playing Crysis on one detail setting higher). Also, remember the live blog? They said there would be differences between the game being on Blu-Ray and DVD-9.

This could maybe just mean some more extra features on a Blu-Ray or something, or it could mean less compressed textures and stuff like that.
Or it could mean disk swapping on one system and pre-chapter installs on the other.

Normally dont do this but as I havent checked through every page can someone confirm if this title will not be released in Asia aswell as Japan. one forum I been on say's it will be PS3 exclusive in Japan and Asia while other people saying PS3 exclusive only in Japan.

As I have a Japanese 360 I will be pretty gutted if it doesnt get an Asian release.

PhatSaqs

Banned
kobashi100 said:
Normally dont do this but as I havent checked through every page can someone confirm if this title will not be released in Asia aswell as Japan. one forum I been on say's it will be PS3 exclusive in Japan and Asia while other people saying PS3 exclusive only in Japan.

As I have a Japanese 360 I will be pretty gutted if it doesnt get an Asian release.
You'll need a Japanese PS3.

Diablos said:

Or maybe he just meant it literally.

It will be interesting to see the differences, if any.

h3ro

gregor7777 said:
Or maybe he just meant it literally.

It will be interesting to see the differences, if any.

That is the main unfortunate thing about a game like this going multiplatform... no one in here is talking about the contents of the trailer we saw... for the other FF games, we'd be dissecting the shit out of it; "what kind of weapon was that", "look at that gauge on the battle screen", etc, etc, but now, its all about comparisons and shit... I hate that crap, because the spotlight is now on the console warz, not the game itself...

Press questions are going to be dominated by "how is the 360 port going", "what are the differences b/w the two" and so forth... oh well, I'm sure SE will do a damn good job on the game but I just wish the focus was back on it, not the consoles.

h3ro said:
That is the main unfortunate thing about a game like this going multiplatform... no one in here is talking about the contents of the trailer we saw... for the other FF games, we'd be dissecting the shit out of it; "what kind of weapon was that", "look at that gauge on the battle screen", etc, etc, but now, its all about comparisons and shit... I hate that crap, because the spotlight is now on the console warz, not the game itself...

Press questions are going to be dominated by "how is the 360 port going", "what are the differences b/w the two" and so forth... oh well, I'm sure SE will do a damn good job on the game but I just wish the focus was back on it, not the consoles.

Well, truthfully there isn't much to discuss as far as new content is concerned.

of course the two will be different when it comes to blu-ray and dvd. one will contain all the content on one disc while the other will span several.

Orlics

Diablos said:

Man I hate it when they aren't clear like that. It could mean anything. :lol

Nolan.

Orlics said:
Man I hate it when they aren't clear like that. It could mean anything. :lol

Square are the masters of secrecy:

People: ''Hi square can we see your games?''
Square: ''Only in private, in the dark with no cameras''
People:''What is this game about square''
Square: ''It's about (*inaudible mumbles and words that don't translate well into english*) stuff''
People:''when will it release square?''
Square '' ... In the future :)''

The New SquareEnix.

h3ro

Nolan. said:
Square are the masters of secrecy:

People: ''Hi square can we see your games?''
Square: ''Only in private, in the dark with no cameras''
People:''What is this game about square''
Square: ''It's about (*inaudible mumbles and words that don't translate well into english*) stuff''
People:''when will it release square?''
Square '' ... In the future :)''

The New SquareEnix.

We used to get a new Final Fantasy every two years or so...

Y2Kev said:
No, you won't. PS3 games are region free.

As for an Asian release, Hashimoto said they are not sure.

Thanks, well if not hopefully S-E will understand the situation and have the the US/pal release region free.. :)

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Y2Kev said:
No, you won't. PS3 games are region free.

As for an Asian release, Hashimoto said they are not sure.

Damn I wish it at least had English subtitles, I prefer listening to the japanese audio anyways.

PSGames

Diablos said:
Yep.

Uh the most obvious thing would be they are talking about one being on one disc and one being on multiple discs...

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
PSGames said:
Uh the most obvious thing would be they are talking about one being on one disc and one being on multiple discs.
Correct me if I'm wrong... but shouldn't the PS3 version offer 1080P as opposed to 1080i.. and offer uncompressed sound?

I realize these are trivial... and the latter is possible on multiple DVDs, though inefficient.

Rainy Dog

ChrisGoldstein said:
Damn I wish it at least had English subtitles, I prefer listening to the japanese audio anyways.

I don't just prefer the Japanese audio; the English dubs of FFX and XII made them near unplayable for me. Given the cost of redubbing into another language, no Japanese voice option in the Western releases I can just about excuse. No option to turn-off horrendously dubbed, over acted English voices off I can't.

PSGames

BocoDragon said:
Correct me if I'm wrong... but shouldn't the PS3 version offer 1080P as opposed to 1080i.. and offer uncompressed sound?

I realize these are trivial... and the latter is possible on multiple DVDs, though inefficient.

It's not inefficient. Just split it up over multiple discs. It wouldn't be a hard thing to do. And I doubt the FMVs will be 1080p that would take up tons of space even for Blu-Ray. I'd bet on both versions having 720p cutscenes.

I just wanted to say how excited I am. Can't afford a PS3 for a long time, actually bought MGS4 and played it at my friends. Now I can just buy FF13 and play it on my 360. I don't care if I have to swap discs, I don't have to spend more money :D

Nolan.

K7 Avenger said:
I just wanted to say how excited I am. Can't afford a PS3 for a long time, actually bought MGS4 and played it at my friends. Now I can just buy FF13 and play it on my 360. I don't care if I have to swap discs, I don't have to spend more money :D

See it's people like this that win in the end.

Joei

K7 Avenger said:

Don't worry. FF13 won't be released for a long time.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
PSGames said:
It's not inefficient. Just split it up over multiple discs. It wouldn't be a hard thing to do. And I doubt the FMVs will be 1080p that would take up tons of space even for Blu-Ray. I'd bet on both versions having 720p cutscenes.
Really? I would have thought 1080P cutscenes were a given. But I don't know anything.. just speculating.

Zoe

I'm not even expecting that many pre-rendered cutscenes. FFXII was relatively lacking in that area.

BocoDragon said:
Really? I would have thought 1080P cutscenes were a given. But I don't know anything.. just speculating.
Lots of TVs out there have difficulty frequently switching between 720p and 1080p. Switching to 1080 for cutscenes and then back to 720 for in game stuff would create problems, and wouldn't look very good.

polyh3dron said:
Lots of TVs out there have difficulty frequently switching between 720p and 1080p. Switching to 1080 for cutscenes and then back to 720 for in game stuff would create problems, and wouldn't look very good.

So it'll just be like nearly all 1080p PS3/360 games and the whatever resolution the game content is, it will scale to 1080p.

Amneisac

HolyStar said:
Supposed to come out November in Japan of this year. That is what is says at 1up.

I don't know, the only thing I heard was that the story was finished and they were looking for voice actors or something, right?

Banned
K7 Avenger said:

You will not have to swap discs. You will be able to do a full game install on the 360.

Zophar said:
Except you will, because the installs still require the disc be in the drive.

really all should be required is to have the first disc in the drive. has msft clarified that you will have to still switch discs multi disc game installs?

dreamer3kx said:
I read somewhere that they were going to compress the audio for the 360 version. Is this true?

are you going to post a link?

Zoe

dreamer3kx said:
I read somewhere that they were going to compress the audio for the 360 version. Is this true?

SE is being very vague on any kinds of differences at this point. The only certainty is that the PS3 version will be on BD and the 360 will be on DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom