• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Patch 3.3: "Revenge of the Horde" trailer up, out June 7

Shamdeo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAubpv_5DYM

nid2msrmh.gif

• Release Date: Tuesday, June 7, 2016
• Official Site: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/special/3_3_Revenge_Of_The_Horde/
• NeoGAF OT

Revenge of the Horde -- Litany of Peace
"The conference held at Falcon's Nest was intended to celebrate the reconciliation between man and dragon. But the lingering shade of Nidhogg, clad in the flesh of the Azure Dragoon, marked the occasion by spilling the blood of his own kind─a timely atrocity to remind the children of Ishgard that the conflict was far from over. In those twilight hours Nidhogg cried out for vengeance, and his brethren raised their voices for the final chorus of the Dragonsong War."

Patch 3.3 Major additions:
• Main Scenario: Revenge of the Horde - Litany of Peace: The Heavensward main scenario continues into the final chapter of the Dragonsong War...
• Scenario: Chronicles of a New Era: The Warring Triad
• Scenario: Hildibrand Returns
• Trial: Nidhogg - The Steps of Faith (Normal, Extreme)
• Alliance Raid: The Weeping City of Mhach
• Dungeon: Sohr Khai, Hullbreaker Isle (Hard)
• PVP Frontlines: Field of Glory (Shatter)
• Beast Tribe Quests: Moogle
• The Aquapolis (treasure map dungeon)
• Raid Finder
• New crafted gear, emotes, vanity options (hairstyles, etc)
• New UI updates, Recommended Gear button
• New tier of the Anima Weapon quest saga
• Grow flowers in flowerpots lol
• (3.35) Deep Dungeon: The Palace of the Dead (3.35)
• & more

Previous content updates (trailers):
• Patch 2.1: A Realm Awoken
• Patch 2.2: Through the Maelstrom
• Patch 2.3: Defenders of Eorzea
• Patch 2.4: Dreams of Ice
• Patch 2.5: Before the Fall
• Expansion 3.0: Heavensward
• Patch 3.1: As Goes Light, So Goes Darkness
• Patch 3.2: The Gears of Change

ozmapejk7.gif

vivizaj2a.gif

Ydelnae

Woah, it looks so good. The enviroments are amazing and the story cutscenes are pretty good, I will always be annoyed that people still focus on ignore this game as a true Final Fantasy. I would love to play it, but I don't have neither the money neither the time to keep up with a MMO, but I played it at launch for a month and it was truly an amazing experience.

Mendrox

Woah, it looks so good. The enviroments are amazing and the story cutscenes are pretty good, I will always be annoyed that people still focus on ignore this game as a true Final Fantasy. I would love to play it, but I don't have neither the money neither the time to keep up with a MMO, but I played it at launch for a month and it was truly an amazing experience.

This.

I still don't have time for it sadly. Too many other games too.

Dunkley

I do hope eventually you have the time to play it, since as a huge FF fan, FF14 has been an absolute treat.

While the original game's MSQ is really good, Heavensward's MSQ takes it to a whole 'nother level. It's definitely sad that so many people dismiss it as not being a real Final Fantasy game considering just how good the story actually is.

Guess Who

Banned
Ooooh, this seems like the biggest patch in a while. Might resub for this.

will never stop being salty about the state of bard tho

Zhao_Yun

Currently on a break and even though I knew that 3.3 was coming I didn't care much. Trailer actually hyped me up a bit again, so I might resub :)

Atolm

Barely any real content. Looks almost 3.1 tier. Hope Deep Dungeon is better than that thrash of Diadem at least.

Kouriozan

I'm also on a break after finishing Heavensward the month it was released, waiting for a big meaty patch to re-sub.
This looks pretty good but I'm currently busy with other stuff, I can wait 2/3 months for the next one.

Arkeband

Banned
Might re-sub to bang out most of the content it adds in an evening, but I expect Deep Dungeon to be a total flop like pretty much every other distraction they add, with a promise that it'll be better later.

When the subreddit is mostly excited about getting more clothes they can dress up their avatar with, there doesn't seem to be a loud enough voice from the community asking for substantial changes.

edit: just saw the fight phase practice being implemented, that's honestly the most game-changing addition, forget the rest.

Ken

When the subreddit is mostly excited about getting more clothes they can dress up their avatar with, there doesn't seem to be a loud enough voice from the community asking for substantial changes.

I've pretty much given up on expecting huge surprises until the next expansion, and even then there's always the chance they'll just repeat 3.0 which was a repeat of 2.0 zzz.

Might re-sub to bang out most of the content it adds in an evening, but I expect Deep Dungeon to be a total flop like pretty much every other distraction they add, with a promise that it'll be better later.

I saw more mechanics in that snippet of Deep Dungeon than I saw in the entirety of Diadem.

I have a little faith.

Also, Vivi doing the Hildebrand Pose made me oh, oh so happy. I'm pretty stoked for this (even if "THE FINAL STEPS OF FAITH" is a stupid stupid stupid battle name)

Matticers

I'm so far behind in the story and everything that I don't know if I want to jump back in. I didn't get too far in the Heavensward quests before stopping. :( Any news on when we're getting new classes? Hopefully Samurai. That would get me to jump back in again for sure. If they come out with the next expansion, that's probably 2017.

~Cross~

I've pretty much given up on expecting huge surprises until the next expansion, and even then there's always the chance they'll just repeat 3.0 which was a repeat of 2.0 zzz.

If it aint broke. Getting new dungeons, raids, main story quests, trials and other modes for pvp/pve consistently every 3-4 months might get boring in that its easy to predict what you are getting every patch, (content type wise, not really how the content is going to play out) but its still miles away better than what other MMOs do, where you dont even know if this latest patch will be the last one and you are stuck running the same content for a year.

I'm so far behind in the story and everything that I don't know if I want to jump back in. I didn't get too far in the Heavensward quests before stopping. :( Any news on when we're getting new classes? Hopefully Samurai. That would get me to jump back in again for sure. If they come out with the next expansion, that's probably 2017.

Fan Fest is in October, so I'm sure we'll hear about at least one new job then (along with next expansion details).

Klyka

Banned
The amount of content and the quality of it that they constantly put into this game as free updates is absolutely amazing.

There is no MMO on the market that has the same OOMPH as FF14 when it comes to presentation and quality of content.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I'm wondering how long it's going to take Ozma to load in on the PS3 version. Maybe he's replaced by one of those missing asset placeholders.

Flexing black mage doll cute as hell. I'd love to dive back into FFXIV, but any time I pick up an MMO, I don't really have time for other games.

My brother and I have both agreed to dive back in whenever they get around to adding the Four Elemental Fiends though. They already added Calcabrina - squeenix plz

Ploid 3.0

Wow I didn't notice until the end that it was on the Playstation youtube. Comments, and rating enabled.

I wish I liked the combat in this game. Nidhogg!!!! Though the loot will be a extra point of this stat, that stat, and these stats! ilvl 23052!

Arkeband

Banned
Wow I didn't notice until the end that it was on the Playstation youtube. Comments, and rating enabled.

I wish I liked the combat in this game. Nidhogg!!!! Though the loot will be a extra point of this stat, that stat, and these stats! ilvl 23052!

Yeah, the stat/gear system needs a complete overhaul, even if it provided the illusion of choice, that would be an improvement over what we have now.

I wonder what soul-sucking activity the new Anima step will be, the last step was simply farming tomes and running some faceroll 24 man content, so this step will undoubtedly be something ridiculous, like running Diadem 400 times.

One other thing I noticed they made extra use of this trailer was they regularly had the camera zoomed out much further than what they currently allow in-game, which would be really nice if we had access to.

It's weird playing an MMO for the first time, I've been playing FFXIV since February and I still haven't touched Heavensward yet. There's just so much stuff!

Omni

Excited for this.

Gonna try and do the new 24 man raid on release. Had a lot of fun with Void Ark like that. No strategies. Just craziness.

Wilsongt

Acropolis and Deep Dungeon look nice, but if it functions like Diadem where it's broken within a week, it'll be dead shortly after it launches.

When's the next patch that will add new jobs / change the level cap? I found myself bored of the grind for currency. Have they added free roaming notorious monsters for items? Are they still sticking with classes and jobs or are they getting rid of classes?

Dang, I'm gonna have a lot to go through if I decide to come back for 4.0, aren't I? I'm assuming I'll have missed five patches worth of story content by then (haven't played since completing 3.0).

I kind of wish I kept up, but the sane side of me definitely needed the break.

Wilsongt

When's the next patch that will add new jobs / change the level cap? I found myself bored of the grind for currency. Have they added free roaming notorious monsters for items? Are they still sticking with classes and jobs or are they getting rid of classes?

4.0. So spring of next year. Samurai is coming. Only hunts, which are dead and useless. They got rid of classes for Dark, Astro, and Machinist.

Maybe I'll get back into this, this summer. Last summer I played for a few months, but I got tired of waiting hours just to attempt to play the Primal/Dungeons, and also the grinds went soooo long just to get to another main story quest.

I'm too used to RPGs giving you enough experience in their main story, to continue to play their main story. The level gaps are huge.
I ended up spending most of my time waiting for a dungeon while completing the same damn 5 levemetes(levequests? I forget the name) over and over.
I kinda want a pay-to-level option so I can skip the grind, and save time, which is really sad coming from someone who never does that kind of thing. I'm excited for FFXI mobile, because maybe it'll be easier for me to stay caught up on levels. :(

However, overall I loved the game, music, world, and the GAF community. You guys were really nice to me.
My only issue, I guess, is will I ever be able to catch up to people and get to the new content/DLC? I still haven't finished the original storyline.

Thorgal

Maybe I'll get back into this, this summer. Last summer I played for a few months, but I got tired of waiting hours just to attempt to play the Primal/Dungeons, and also the grinds went soooo long just to get to another main story quest.

I'm too used to RPGs giving you enough experience in their main story, to continue to play their main story. The level gaps are huge.
I ended up spending most of my time waiting for a dungeon while completing the same damn 5 levemetes(levequests? I forget the name) over and over.
I kinda want a pay-to-level option so I can skip the grind, and save time, which is really sad coming from someone who never does that kind of thing. I'm excited for FFXI mobile, because maybe it'll be easier for me to stay caught up on levels. :(

However, overall I loved the game, music, world, and the GAF community. You guys were really nice to me.
My only issue, I guess, is will I ever be able to catch up to people and get to the new content/DLC? I still haven't finished the original storyline.

where did you stop in the story ?

Square made changes in experience gains for MSQ as well as rewards in the pre heavensward missions so you can cruise all the way into heavensward without any grind .

Jeels

To those that don't have time for an MMO - don't do the MMO stuff. Just do the story and resub at each new story patch. (Or resub at every expansion and catch yourself up pretty quick). Seriously, one of the best FF's, my favorite since XII and IX. The story is superb and the world is amazingly well done.

You can treat it like a single player game. None of the main story stuff requires the typical MMO grind. That's all optional end game stuff.

Linkark07

Banned
To those that don't have time for an MMO - don't do the MMO stuff. Just do the story and resub at each new story patch. (Or resub at every expansion and catch yourself up pretty quick). Seriously, one of the best FF's, my favorite since XII and IX. The story is superb and the world is amazingly well done.

You can treat it like a single player game. None of the main story stuff requires the typical MMO grind. That's all optional end game stuff.

I remember there are some MSQ that require you to do a dungeon, which has a min Ilvl requirement. Don't have the money nor time for hunt new gear.

That was why I didn't use completely the last free login period they had.

Thorgal

I remember there are some MSQ that require you to do a dungeon, which has a min Ilvl requirement. Don't have the money nor time for hunt new gear.

That was why I didn't use completely the last free login period they had.

Look at my post above. You don't have to hunt gear to do dungeons

Top Bottom