• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer Expansion - First Look + Closed Beta August 3rd

Do you think we will be able to play as female characters in multiplayer?

Results are only viewable after voting.

benzy

ippkry.gif

I wish companies had touted hair physics before boobie physics. Love the exaggerated bounciness, and the fluffy long hair gif in benzy's post.

Fuck yeah it is. Maybe by 2027 I'll be 'okay guys, lets tone it down to something more realistic' but until then I want that hair bouncing about like we are on the moon.

Right on. It looks awesome.

Some of the most unappreciated games of our time shame on ppl for not seeing it
Unfortunately they came out during the time that I was poor as heck so I had to decide which game I wanted to play carefully.

I'm still poor as heck though but I'm much more compulsive now! I'm hoping that we get a remaster or something.

Did it ever mention this in the main game, that gasoline is a precious resource, that's why there's a gas station every mile or so? Give me a break! Am I missing an obvious joke here?

You're not serious are you? Take a look at the world you are in. I am sure you're able to put two and two together. It's spelled out for you. Gas is now a precious resource because
of the state of the world is in.

What part is unnecessary and not level-headed, pointing out that you literally can't even get to the options menu once you're in-game and that you can't get back to the main menu and you have to forcibly quit the client? That's a fact, man.

I get that the servers are under heavy strain, but the UI is completely non-intuitive which is why a lot of people in the thread have no idea what's happening when it goes to look for a game. They can actually program it to to give feedback to players when things aren't working, believe it or not.

That isn't a UI issue. This is a notification issue.

And yes, you can go to the options menu in-game before searching for players.

Unfortunately they came out during the time that I was poor as heck so I had to decide which game I wanted to play carefully.

I'm still poor as heck though but I'm much more compulsive now! I'm hoping that we get a remaster or something.
Yea right they're going to pretend they never happened

Me too, but this is what? a MP patch that if I own the game I will get for free? or is paid MP?

Any plans on a Ultimate Edition at all? Im still waiting to buy this game.

I figure it has to happen at some point. If they don't announce it at Gamescom I say just buy the game and the season pass.

Slaythe

Me too, but this is what? a MP patch that if I own the game I will get for free? or is paid MP?

The "ultimate edition" already exists, they're not gonna remake one that's exactly the same but cheaper. A price drop maybe and a physical edition, but it's the same as the online one.

The MP is part of the season pass, otherwise I believe it's 5 bucks (one time payment).

TheCed

DLC
It might be around 10$
But at this point, you'd better buy the season pass, They seem to be putting a lot of efforts in those DLCs
Episode Gladio is Meh but Episode Prompto is quite good and This Comrade Multiplayer thing could be great gameplaywise from what I'm seeing.

You also need PS+

Arkeband

Banned
You're not serious are you? Take a look at the world you are in. I am sure you're able to put two and two together. It's spelled out for you. Gas is now a precious resource because
of the state of the world is in.

The Kingsglaive, which was wiped out, are out in full force hunting the landscape during this state of the world? Seems odd to me. I guess when the gas dries up, magical people suddenly appear out of nowhere.

World building!

Oh boy. You never change Arkeband.

Oh boy lol rite guys!!!

Raptor

The "ultimate edition" already exists, they're not gonna remake one that's exactly the same but cheaper. A price drop maybe and a physical edition, but it's the same as the online one.

The MP is part of the season pass, otherwise I believe it's 5 bucks (one time payment).

DLC
It might be around 10$
But at this point, you'd better buy the season pass, They seem to be putting a lot of efforts in those DLCs
Episode Gladio is Meh but Episode Prompto is quite good and This Comrade Multiplayer thing could be great gameplaywise from what I'm seeing.

You also need PS+

Thanks, gentleman I will check it out how much does it cost now and maybe wait for a sale, or if not take the plunge!!

It looks marvelous and the chance to play with that girl in those gifs is too good to pass, she looks completly badass.

Leave Arkeband alone guys. He and this game have had a terrible relationship. Nothing you can say will convince him otherwise.

For example, look at the FH3 Regalia thread.

The Kingsglaive, which was wiped out, are out in full force hunting the landscape during this state of the world? Seems odd to me. I guess when the gas dries up, magical people suddenly appear out of nowhere.

World building!

Oh boy lol rite guys!!!

But the Kingsglaive weren't wiped out.

Libertus escaped and went to Galhald, presumably to gather people against the empire. It's logical to assume others survived, too.

We still need an explanation for why they still has there powers, but they can explain it by saying that
Noctis claiming the power of the crystal and becoming the new king
restored it.

Also, you were wrong about the gasoline thing,so I don't know why didn't you just admit it instead of changing the subject to a completely different, unrelated plot point. But whatever.

The Kingsglaive,
which was wiped out, are out in full force hunting the landscape during this state of the world?
Seems odd to me. I guess when the gas dries up, magical people suddenly appear out of nowhere.

World building!

giphy.gif

Yes. because
you can't rebuild the organization or anything.
Also have a little more sensitivity about spoilers. Not everyone here has played XV or watched Kingsglaive.

benzy

Lmao you guys are always at it. I think Arkeband does want to like this game and some of his criticisms are pretty valid. If he wasn't interested and just hating I don't see any reason why he bought a season's pass for XV. Maybe it was just a honeymoon phase but when XV launched his posts was pretty positive compared to the pre-release media shenanigans.

I keep getting kicked to title menu. Is it over?

Server issues. Beta doesn't end until the August 8.

Lmao you guys are always at it. I think Arkeband does want to like this game and some of his criticisms are pretty valid. If he wasn't interested and just hating I don't see any reason why he bought a season's pass for XV. Maybe it was just a honeymoon phase but when XV launched his posts was pretty positive compared to the pre-release media shenanigans.

Oh no doubt about it. It's other things that are a logic leap, a real stretch, and/or just willful ignorance that is bothersome.

wmlk

I really hope we get more music for this. Like new music.

There's an arrangement of GRATIA MUNDI as one of the battle themes. There's also another battle track.

Just from watching videos there seems to be three new tracks in the beta (not counting Kingsglaive music for the title).

But the Kingsglaive weren't wiped out.

Libertus escaped and went to Galhald, presumably to gather people against the empire. It's logical to assume others survived, too.

We still need an explanation for why they still has there powers, but they can explain it by saying that
Noctis claiming the power of the crystal and becoming the new king
restored it.

Also, you were wrong about the gasoline thing,so I don't know why didn't you just admit it instead of changing the subject to a completely different, unrelated plot point. But whatever.

Well,
Kingsglaive and Crownsguard members both survived and use the Kings magic even when Noctis or Regis are around. So long as they are alive you can use magic.
So, in essence, you just have to
build back up the Kingsglaive and Crownsguard while Noctis is in the Crystal to help protect people until the King returns.

Arkeband

Banned
Leave Arkeband alone guys. He and this game have had a terrible relationship. Nothing you can say will convince him otherwise.

For example, look at the FH3 Regalia thread.

I congratulated the peanut gallery for all coming up with the same joke toward people who aren't unanimously in love with FFXV (none of whom posted).

And it's true, I took a while to become soured on FFXV and the cavalcade of patched additions which didn't actually fix its biggest problems bothers me. But, for example, I did praise them adding back in Episode Duscae mechanics last patch, as fucking crazy as that is that a AAA game is patching in mechanics it stripped out of a demo a year after release, but ultimately I want to see the game become better so it's looked back on as a competent entry, even if it takes two years to get there.

Well,
Kingsglaive and Crownsguard members both survived and use the Kings magic even when Noctis or Regis are around. So long as they are alive you can use magic.
So, in essence, you just have to
build back up the Kingsglaive and Crownsguard while Noctis is in the Crystal to help protect people until the King returns.

But
The Glaive lost thier powers the moment Regis died. That's why I think it returned the moment Noctis became the new king by claiming the crystal. That would also explain why they didn't appear before the world of ruin.

There's an arrangement of GRATIA MUNDI as one of the battle themes. There's also another battle track.

Just from watching videos there seems to be three new tracks in the beta (not counting Kingsglaive music for the title).
Wait really? For some reason I thought the battle music was from the way old trailer with the adamantoise tease!

I'm going to have to check it out when I get home.

Also is the name of the song really Gratia Mundi or is that the fan named version?

Slaythe

But
The Glaive lost thier powers the moment Regis died. That's why I think it returned the moment Noctis became the new king by claiming the crystal. That would also explain why they didn't appear before the world of ruin.

That's how I see it, and it also makes Noctis' action and his "disappearance" much more meaningful.

Galang

Banned
They did say they wanted to add your custom character to the story mode, so at least while controlling your character you'll probably have multiplayer controls. And given how much Tabata listens to feedback (too much, to be honest), they'll probably end up implementing an option in the menu.

Oh this would be super cool! Would just have to deal with the cast for cut scenes and such then..

I congratulated the peanut gallery for all coming up with the same joke toward people who aren't unanimously in love with FFXV (none of whom posted).

And it's true, I took a while to become soured on FFXV and the cavalcade of patched additions which didn't actually fix its biggest problems bothers me. But, for example, I did praise them adding back in Episode Duscae mechanics last patch, as fucking crazy as that is that a AAA game is patching in mechanics it stripped out of a demo a year after release, but ultimately I want to see the game become better so it's looked back on as a competent entry, even if it takes two years to get there.

I haven't really kept up with the patches and what all has changed. What did they do in Duscae that was added back in?

LordKasual

Banned
That's how I see it, and it also makes Noctis' action and his "disappearance" much more meaningful.

Yeah, this is what i'm thinking. It also helps explain why Ignis, Gladio, and Prompto couldn't warp, even though they were the closest to Noctis.

I keep getting kicked to title menu. Is it over?

Yeah. You choose a mission, then after that you get one extra mission to try out the items you win. Then it's over. I'm guessing the server isnt setup to save any information except your character. This is literally just a network test.

Infinite Airstrip is still there. It just doesn't work with Royal Arms, probably for balance reason after people abused it with the Shuriken in Platinum Demo.

No this is probably the worst removal from the actual game. The Royal Arms desperately needed the mobility that Airstep gives, they're where the vast majority of the weapon variety comes from.

It also felt a bit silly to limit the amount of airsteps through ascension, when the Platinum demo let you just go crazy with it, and with the majority of the weapons. Even endgame combat felt worse off for it.

They should just change the game so that you can airstep with any weapon, but the Ascension nodes just reduce the MP required per-step. The difference between 1 airstep and infinite in the actual game is massive, it shouldn't be a 333 upgrade.

I think they need different sets of animations for the hair in exploration mode and combat mode. The movement is very exaggerated and not realistic at all, but in combat, it looks amazing. The issue is how it goes nuts when you're just slowly walking around.

That's just judging from the gifs, though, didn't play it myself.

I really hope the longer hairstyles hold up with the physics they have going on. Long hair is always the one thing that breaks beautiful hair applications. I need it to be crazy.

If FFXV has one thing over Black Desert already, it's in the hair. It looks static during the character creator, but then you get into the gameplay environment and the shit comes alive.

Black Desert's hair just looks terrible. And i'll take this super bouncy FFXV hair over the usual crappy MMO hair any day.

ViciousDS

Banned
Aw wtf afterdoing the final mission you are kicked to the title and lose everything you just got well that's kind of dumb I would've just love playing the three same missions over, leveling stuff

VariantX

Seems the Lucis server is borked. I got into the Nifelheim server upon and got into camp immediately. Finished the first quests, got booted back to main menu, got back on Lucis...and the game essentially cannot populate a party on that server.

Aw wtf afterdoing the final mission you are kicked to the title and lose everything you just got well that's kind of dumb I would've just love playing the three same missions over, leveling stuff
I'm amazed you even got into all three. The server is having some weird issues.

I keep ending up with AI partners.

My brother and I did a private lobby

Also were on Xbox so servers probably aren't as congested
Ah that makes sense!

I never thought about how easier it would be to get in on Xbox. I guess since more people purchased the PS4 version that would be much more congestion there.

SoulUnison

Banned
The cross-chain system. (QTE chains on downed enemies)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So7e1LAyG74

It's not what I'd call good or deep by any stretch, but it's something.

This looks...really bad.
I mean, even in a game where the characters canonically have the ability to blink around the battlefield, this looks really, really janky.
Even the associated dialog lines play a couple seconds too late.

*Attack has been over for 5 seconds*
Gladiolus: "All in together now!"
Noctis: "How 'bout this!"

Toth

But

The moment that they regained their magic could also be
when Noctis put on the ring

Galang

Banned
... you ... how you gonna go to a completely different hair type?

He's right though, it doesn't look bad at all. And if you really have to nitpick and need an example of hair with similar textures then you'll just be proving his point even more. From personal experience it's much harder to retain the bounciness in type 3 or 4 curly hair than it is any other type. I don't think FFXV's hair usage is unrealistic, just a tad exaggerated..Personally I think it adds to the charm.

Top Bottom