• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

Sterok

And with Alfonse, the Askr trio are all 5* now. I'll probably start focusing on merges now since the only unit I want to make at the moment is Brave Axe Frederick, who isn't super necessary at the moment.

Shinypogs

Oh yea, I guess he's like a way better healer who can fight and debuff.

Geez, healers are really bad in this game. Can't even be the best at their own job.

They really need to make more status effect staves for healers to use. I'd rather not see wrathfull staff become common and have a bunch of colorless magic nukers walking around. I want good utility units who can fight if they absolutely have to.

Make status staves cost hp or something so you can't just spam buffs and debuffs all day.

I will say I am guilty of just using units with breath of life built into their weapons or natural kit to heal instead of healers most of the time. It's just so much more efficient.

lt519

Infernal GHB seemed really intimidating but realizing Rein could take out both armor units, including the green one made it really easy. Some smart movement with P!Azura, Xander with Swap and Camus with Reposition cleared it pretty quick. Camus and Xander ended pretty banged up by tanking a few blows, but using Rein to kill everything but the rider greens (Xander ORKO) kept them with enough HP.

Edit: damn could have one shotted it too, I have so the units you all used, just thought I'd tough it out haha

I'm gonna kit up Arvis, only have one 5* red mage and don't really want to invest in my Tharja or Lilina.

Gotten my azura. Only dancer left is shigure.

This banner hasn't been as nice as the brave hero one or dauntless crimeans one but it's still giving me goodies.

I wonder what seals they're going to hand out during the Genealogy TT.

Awakening: Breath of Life / Quickened Pulse
SoV Pt.1: Res+ / Phantom Speed
SoV Pt.2: Breath of Life / Atk Ploy / Hardy Bearing
Blazing Sword: Quickened Pulse / Def+ / Distant Def
PoR: Res+ / Fortify Def / Panic Ploy

I'm guessing that Phantom Speed is going to be the repeat seal.

Finally did it. I beat Chapter 11&12 Chain Challenge on Lunatic.

Spent hours figuring out how to beat this hell. The new Seals and Supports really helped out a lot. I set up an infantry team to handle the first 4 battles, then I got my horse team to beat battles 5-9. I made sure they did enough damage on the last battle, so that I could clean up easily with team 3.

Battle 7 gave me the most trouble with that ridiculous 4 turn limit. Chapter 12 in general is just a pain in the ass, though it got slightly easier after this hump.

fionel

Dumb question - are the dancer units on performing arts banner limited-time units? Thinking if I should spend the rest of this month's obtainable orbs on that or these geneology banners...

ggx2ac

I still can't get Sigurd so I'll probably skip him now and save my orbs for a new banner.

I could risk trying to get more Ayra units but if I'm not getting 10 more of her with little money spent than I'm not going to bother.

The board came up with 5(!) Red Stones, and I chose the one at the top. Got Young Tiki from my free summon. Her nature is pretty lame (+RES/-SPD), but it's a really rare Hero nonetheless.

Sucks that I have to back out, but I only have 16 Orbs. It would be wiser to break my 5.25% pity rate on the Holy War banner. I just need to get any of those Focus Heroes at this point.

This is pretty greasy. New unit with old units on banner and they share a summoning focus.

Plus you can't split your priorities on colours since the only other banner unit is a colourless healer lmao

Welp. At least she drops to 4* after her banner.

There's no precedence for this. She could stay exclusive for all we know or they could drop Lachesis heh

Shinypogs

Free pull got me normal + def - res lyn, it seems my luck for pulling reds is finally turning though I really would have liked ayra or eldigan for TT purposes. Whelp looks like I'm just running lachesis this tempest trial.

This is pretty greasy. New unit with old units on banner and they share a summoning focus.

Plus you can't split your priorities on colours since the only other banner unit is a colourless healer lmao

There's no precedence for this. She could stay exclusive for all we know or they could drop Lachesis heh

You're both off the mark. Ayra will not be demoted to 4*, and I don't know where that idea even came from. The disclaimer is likely saying that she'll just be 5* exclusive from now on like the Brave Heroes.

And Lachesis has been 4* for ages. I have one.

Spoit

Since I didn't have any of the 40% guys for this upcoming TT, I went ahead and pulled the old banner. Got 2 Sigurds: +atk/-def and +hp/-res. Any suggestions which one I should use? And if I should use the other for a +, or for SI fodder (close def on xander or some other physical wall (BK?) seems....silly)

"Hey, let's do a Genealogy Tempest Trail. Then we can write a scenario about how Seliph meets up with his dad and not make him a bonus unit."

EDIT:
I guess it makes sense since most of the banner units die in the first half of the game.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I've been incredibly lucky. Got Ayra in 2 pulls. Counting the free one.

+DEF/-RES, not optimal, but I'll take it with basically a 40 speed neutral nature. (With weapon)

NSESN

Is is stupid or what. Really mad Aura has a separate banner on top of not being free. She isn't even a lord.

And Seliph being is the story and not being bonus is worse. Kicking the guy while he is down.

Shito

So went in with 405 orbs, only sniping reds...

o1RbrW2.jpg

... with my first ever Tharja!
Ayra is apparently +hp/-def, nothing too crazy but at least she's not -spd or -atk so I'm pretty happy! :)

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Managed to avoid Eldigan and pull a +Atk/-HP Arya after only 40 orbs or so. Gotta hold onto the rest of my F2P stash for that fabled Halloween banner.

Edit: Gosh her stats are a bit absurd, aren't they? This must be that power creep everyone is always talking about.

OVDRobo

I feel bad for everyone who thought Ayra was going to be a free tempest unit and possibly blew all their orbs, but at the same time I'm glad she's not free because of her ridiculous strength. Handing out a free unit with that level of strength would only dilute team variety even more.

This banner seems mean, though. Separating Ayra - a highly desirable unit - off from the rest of the units from her game, releasing her after most people have spent all their orbs on trying to get a Sigurd or Deirdre, throwing her in a shared focus with Eldigan to dilute the chances of getting her and removing and increased rates for colours other than colourless so if you ever get a orb lineup without red you'll probably be wasting orbs.

Congratulations to everyone getting her. You're definitely beating the odds. I'm not even bothering to pull since I already have an Eldigan and not that many orbs, either.

Shinypogs

Reddit has reached salt levels not seen since the Lyn vs Camilla voting gauntlet incident. This may rival the drama of the recent Halloween event in the NA version of FGO though.

I'm not sure how this pans out for IS. On one hand there will be a lot of complaints in the feedback and I wouldn't put it past people to review bomb the app in the digital storefrontsstorefronts.

On the other hand whales may see this as business as usual and thus the practice is profitable and will continue.

ggx2ac

I got greedy and spent some more orbs hoping for a +Spd/-Res Ayra. Ended up with 5* Gray.

Oh well, at least I have someone with Sword Valor now.

It's going to be hard saving my free orbs to be earned from the next TT for the next banner.

Spoit

See the thing is... it was a datamine. No one at IS ever said that she was going to be a free unit. People just assumed. And we all know what happens when you Assume.

See the thing is... it was a datamine. No one at IS ever said that she was going to be a free unit. People just assumed. And we all know what happens when you Assume.

It's still dirty to release her on a banner of her own a few days after everyone spent orbs on the other Genealogy banner. On top of that they dilute the chance to get her by sharing the same red focus of an older unit.

Sciel

That's a fair point, Was actually really puzzled when everyone assumed she was a free unit tbh. I feel the more "valid" outrage is centered around

1) IS placing her in a separate banner.

2) IS placing her together with old units (one with similar color typing and another one of the most useless units in the game) in a separate banner (I believe this is unprecedented?)

Top Bottom