• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes New Trailer

jaysius

Banned
This shitty MUSOU trend will never end because people keep buying it. It's fucking awful though.

It's sad and pathetic that this is the one and only Nintendo Switch 1st party game coming out this summer.

Jooxed

Gold Member
This shitty MUSOU trend will never end because people keep buying it. It's fucking awful though.

It's sad and pathetic that this is the one and only Nintendo Switch 1st party game coming out this summer.
Xenoblade is is first party!

Also not a fan of Musou's. Age of Calamity had potential to tell a cool story but they made it non cannon and dumb.

Ulysses 31

Also not a fan of Musou's. Age of Calamity had potential to tell a cool story but they made it non cannon and dumb.
Well they kinda have to make it non canon to get away with Link and co destroying 100s of mobs in moments. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Surely you know about Hyrule Warriors and how that was basically an excuse to coat a warriors game in Zelda's clothing and not something to drive Zelda story telling forward.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
Xenoblade is is first party!

OH RIGHT Xenoblade 3
bored fun GIF by extra3

Unless it's 100% better than the last one... fuck that game.

Last edited:

Fbh

Musou are fine as a side game for people who like that sort of stuff.
It just sucks there's still no news about a new proper FE. Would be a shame if Switch just got 1 entry when 3DS had like 3.

Three houses was hardly even a proper FE with all the highschool simulator crap.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Musou are fine as a side game for people who like that sort of stuff.
It just sucks there's still no news about a new proper FE. Would be a shame if Switch just got 1 entry when 3DS had like 3.

Three houses was hardly even a proper FE with all the highschool simulator crap.
The simulator stuff got old really fast for sure.. My first Fire Emblem game and I enjoyed it aside from that.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Can't get hyped for 3 Hopes when Hyrule Warriors DE offers a more fleshed out Musou Experience. HW is a lot more fluid. FEW only really has the strategy thing of do 2 things at once going for it. I think I prefer HW: AoC over even vanilla FEW.

And Three Houses is more Dating Sim then RPG. Which is sadly Fire Emblem's new direction. The FE support system used to deal with personal friendships or status within the different nations but once they started putting an Avatar into the mix it just becomes another Harem RPG.

The last FE I enjoyed was Shadows. I also enjoyed Tokyo Mirage Sessions but that's more a Persona game with Fire Emblem characters as demons/spirits you summon.

I also think that Fire Emblem Heroes is a large contributor of why things are the way they are. Sad.

Last edited:

Fbh

The simulator stuff got old really fast for sure.. My first Fire Emblem game and I enjoyed it aside from that.

You should definitely check out some of the earlier entries like Path of Radiance, it's the same fun tactical gameplay but without the high school stuff.
Even Awakening, which was the beginning of the increased focus on relationships, was much better and didn't spend half of the game on that stuff.

And Three Houses is more Dating Sim then RPG. Which is sadly Fire Emblem's new direction. The FE support system used to deal with personal friendships or status within the different nations but once they started putting an Avatar into the mix it just becomes another Harem RPG.

Yeah, sadly with how popular Three Houses was that's probably going to be the new direction for FE for the foreseeable future.
I wish they'd just split the franchise like SMT and Persona. Have a more core line of games for fans of the old FE and then have a separate franchise where they can go crazy with the weeb crap.

Top Bottom