• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Look at Xbox 360 Ad Campaign?

mcdonnell

http://www3.jdk.com/version_4_2/index.html

Click on the 360 logo. There are some Xbox 360 print ads and also a "internal culture video" from Microsoft. J Allard talks about how he won't be satisfied until the "entire human population" is playing 360. And it has a tagline for the system: "Be Human and Levitate" or someting like that. Kind of freaky??

Borys

Banned
From 360 ad campaign I expect nothing less than:

"360 ad campaign is a lot like Halo 2 ad campaign, only it's Halo 2 ad campaign on fire, going 130 miles per hour through a hospital zone, being chased by helicopters and ninjas. And, the ninjas are all on fire, too."

Borys said:
From 360 ad campaign I expect nothing less than:

"360 ad campaign is a lot like Halo 2 ad campaign, only it's Halo 2 ad campaign on fire, going 130 miles per hour through a hospital zone, being chased by helicopters and ninjas. And, the ninjas are all on fire, too."

You forgot "and knocking over magazine racks!!!" :lol

djm19

the entire human population? There is not one device tbat the entire human population uses, much less has the electricity to use xbox 360.

Stylish. It seems they're going to take their marketing in many directions. I mean, hell, you could see one of these ads in many non-gamer magazines and they wouldn't look out of place either.

mcdonnell

emma.jpg

I'm a member of the human population. Where's my Xbox 360?

brocke

Banned
Just finished watching it.

That really freaked me out. Reminded me of a cult video. Especially when they showed that guy with the weird look on his face with a wall of videogames behind him. Scary :(

Gantz

Banned
djm19 said:
the entire human population? There is not one device tbat the entire human population uses, much less has the electricity to use xbox 360.

Everyone has an ipod now even poor people :lol

miyuru

Remember the first Xbox commercials? I think they were pulled quickly. Really weird stuff, cockroaches and shit :lol

border

His gamertag is HiroProtagonist. He says he's a gamer, but I doubt that he really plays much at all. Not active on Halo 2 since January.

Piepz

border said:
His gamertag is HiroProtagonist. He says he's a gamer, but I doubt that he really plays much at all. Not active on Halo 2 since January.
He's just playing/testing xbox 360 Live with PDZ :D

bill0527

mcdonnell said:
http://www3.jdk.com/version_4_2/index.html

Click on the 360 logo. There are some Xbox 360 print ads and also a "internal culture video" from Microsoft. J Allard talks about how he won't be satisfied until the "entire human population" is playing 360. And it has a tagline for the system: "Be Human and Levitate" or someting like that. Kind of freaky??

He won't be satisfied until the entire human population is playing 360?

Does half the human population even have running water, electricity, or even a pair of shoes?

I know he's being facetious but lets not be totally friggin stupid about this.

dorio

Banned
bill0527 said:
He won't be satisfied until the entire human population is playing 360?

Does half the human population even have running water, electricity, or even a pair of shoes?

I know he's being facetious but lets not be totally friggin stupid about this.
Not to mention how will new born babies wrap their hands around that controller. You guys are taking this too serious. Looks like the ads are trying to be female friendly with no mention of words like power etc. I still hate that green color. It's such an ugly color but it looks like they are going with a more designer friendly hue though.

Juice

Safari started loading that site, rendered the black background, and then said "no."

I thank it for probably saving me 10 minutes of my time and my sanity.

byproduct

The Amiga Brotherhood
I love the poster with the line-art alien and monster playing xbox. A zillion times better than generic ethnic face #69823 with xbox logo posters.

M3wThr33

Banned
Yeah, let's make a commercial where a baby's shot out of the mother and gets old and dies really fast all while holding an Xbox controller!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
miyuru said:
Remember the first Xbox commercials? I think they were pulled quickly. Really weird stuff, cockroaches and shit :lol

the cockroach one was the BEST

"Your eyes will be blinded by the weight of mighty visions, and all the has passed before will be changed forever"

Top Bottom