• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First rechargeable lithium-carbon dioxide batteries

womfalcs3

Banned
Lithium-carbon dioxide batteries have 7 times the energy density of Lithium-ion batteries

Researchers at the University of Illinois at Chicago are the first to show that lithium-carbon dioxide batteries can be designed to operate in a fully rechargeable manner, and they have successfully tested a lithium-carbon dioxide battery prototype running up to 500 consecutive cycles of charge/recharge processes.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Last time I used rechargeable batteries were in the 1980s. Some shit called Dynacharge. Worst ever.

Normal batteries for me. Only time I use them is for TV remote control, gas BBQ ignition, and the "once every 5 years" battery swap for my car remote or garage door opener or fire alarm.

Not sure what people use batteries for, but every store has a huge shelf of them.

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Last time I used rechargeable batteries were in the 1980s. Some shit called Dynacharge. Worst ever.

Normal batteries for me. Only time I use them is for TV remote control, gas BBQ ignition, and the "once every 5 years" battery swap for my car remote or garage door opener or fire alarm.

Not sure what people use batteries for, but every store has a huge shelf of them.
What? Can't tell if this is a joke post or not.

Dural

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
giphy.gif

Top Bottom