• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Steamboat Willie scan (KHII)

scan50.jpg

Now this looks pretty cool.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I dont like Kingdom Hearts but that's awesome

Also, people needs to get real scanners and actually make scans!

That's looks cool.

Man, the Kingdom Hearts guys have like every modeled character from various films in 3D down pat. They are amazing! Hell, even a nonanimated film like Pirates of the Caribbean translated well into 3D!

Fowler

Cool, but it's odd how they seem to have used modern Mickey in black and white instead of Steamboat Willie-era Mickey...

Zeo

Banned
olimario said:
Fucking awesome. I hope this game isn't cheesy and crappy like the first.

You're an idiot.

So, hey, that looks friggin' awesome. Can't wait for this damn game.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I really enjoyed the original Kingdom Hearts (fuck the haters), so I'm loving what has been shown of Kingdom Hearts II. That is pretty cool, not a bad idea for a world.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
HomerSimpson-Man said:
We have been looking at KH2 pics since forever. When is this supposed to hit anyway? Please say this holiday!

We are hoping december

belgurdo said:
This is just absolutely amazing.

I also like how Sora looks a little like a Tezuka character too

I didn't notice that until you mentioned it. I'm sure that was intentional on the part of Square-Enix, seeing how Tezuka was influenced by Disney.

olimario

Banned
Rorschach said:
I'm gonna take a page from your book and say "That doesn't make his statement any less true."

And calling my an idiot doesn't make Kingdom Hearts an objectively well designed game.

temp

posting on contract only
distantmantra said:
I didn't notice that until you mentioned it. I'm sure that was intentional on the part of Square-Enix, seeing how Tezuka was influenced by Disney.
I think he knows that.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Sho Nuff said:
rosaisking6ie.jpg

Did someone say DON ROSA???

BEST FUCKING COMICS EVER!

You pimp awesome comics as you pimp awesome digital photography :D.

I think he is my favourite comic writer+artist out of all I have seen in my life: his characters come to life and can be enjoyed by both adults and children (when have you ever seen a character PASS away in another Mickey Mouse or DuckTales comic/cartoon [they do not dare touch those themes in that way] ? What other artist was able to capture the good ol' "American Dream" spirit behind Scrooge's ascent to fortune and fame and most of all Scrooge's humanity ?), his drawing is mindbogglingly detailed, he does a heck of rechearch-job for his stories to mantain at least some sort of link with real historic events and legends, his story-telling abilities, his humor, etc... I think I will have to make a thread dedicated to Don Rosa's ducks with some scans from the Italian comics I own with a translation under them in text... this author deserves all the respect and recognition you can give him :).

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Panajev2001a said:
You pimp awesome comics as you pimp awesome digital photography :D.

I think he is my favourite comic writer+artist out of all I have seen in my life: his characters come to life and can be enjoyed by both adults and children (when have you ever seen a character PASS away in another Mickey Mouse or DuckTales comic/cartoon [they do not dare touch those themes in that way] ? What other artist was able to capture the good ol' "American Dream" spirit behind Scrooge's ascent to fortune and fame and most of all Scrooge's humanity ?), his drawing is mindbogglingly detailed, he does a heck of rechearch-job for his stories to mantain at least some sort of link with real historic events and legends, his story-telling abilities, his humor, etc... I think I will have to make a thread dedicated to Don Rosa's ducks with some scans from the Italian comics I own with a translation under them in text... this author deserves all the respect and recognition you can give him :).

Yeah, Don Rosa rules. Been a while since I read some of his comics, but I basically agree with everything you said. Don Rosa brings soul and depth to the otherwise rather shallow disney comics.

Top Bottom