• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Steamboat Willie scan (KHII)

Socreges

Banned
I was always interested in Kingdom Hearts, but never played it; mostly because it sounds so broken from a gameplay standpoint. What a shame since it covers a lot of classics that I love (Aladdin, TNBC, Pinocchio, etc).

What will KH2 feature besides Steamboat Willie, Mulan (Pocahontas?), and Hercules? Lion King perhaps? Robin Hood? Dumbo!??

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Oh sure it looks nice and all that, I am just remembering how polarizing the first Kingdom Hearts game was.

Amir0x

Banned
Socreges said:
I was always interested in Kingdom Hearts, but never played it; mostly because it sounds so broken from a gameplay standpoint. What a shame since it covers a lot of classics that I love (Aladdin, TNBC, Pinocchio, etc).

What will KH2 feature besides Steamboat Willie, Mulan, and Hercules? Lion King perhaps? Robin Hood? Dumbo!??

Lion King is STRONGLY rumoured. Lilo and Stitch is rumoured as well.

What we know is: Aladdin (Palace?), Steamboat Willie, Disney Castle, Hercules (Underworld), Mulan, Pirates of the Carribean, Beauty and the Beast. I think I'm missing one or two... Also, all the old worlds from KH1 should be returning.

Amir0x said:
What we know is: Aladdin (Palace?), Steamboat Willie, Disney Castle, Hercules (Underworld), Mulan, Pirates of the Carribean, Beauty and the Beast. I think I'm missing one or two... Also, all the old worlds from KH1 should be returning.

Deep Dive

AssMan

Banned
was always interested in Kingdom Hearts, but never played it; mostly because it sounds so broken from a gameplay standpoint. What a shame since it covers a lot of classics that I love (Aladdin, TNBC, Pinocchio, etc).

I really wanted to enjoy KH, but the camera and enemies reappearing(which pissed me off if my character's levels weren't high enough).

jman2050

This game looks to be improving on every aspect of the first game hundredfold. It's almost like Sqeenix hated the way KH turned out, were boggled that it sold like hotcakes and thought "man, if a crappy game like this could sell millions, imagine what would happen if we made this game good."

(Note: I love Kingdom hearts. however, I have many complaints about it as well, the same ones that a lot of the haters have).

Amir0x said:
Lion King is STRONGLY rumoured. Lilo and Stitch is rumoured as well.

I'd love to see a Toy Story or the Incredibles world, or at least a cameo

that would shoe the toy sttry quality graphics of the ps2

Amir0x

Banned
..pakbeka.. said:
I'd love to see a Toy Story or the Incredibles world, or at least a cameo

that would shoe the toy sttry quality graphics of the ps2

Toy Story would would be awesome, so much potential in that. Incredibles would be cool, although it's a bit too new to make it in. Maybe with the AWESOME POWER of PS3? I'd like to see a Duck Tales world personally.

belgurdo

Banned
Amir0x said:
Toy Story would would be awesome, so much potential in that.

Especially if you get to drive the Toyota and play video games in Pizza Planet

ptzza_planet_toyota_toystory2_001.jpg

Amir0x

Banned
belgurdo said:
Especially if you get to drive the Toyota and play video games in Pizza Planet

You couldn' play the videogames if you were shrunk.

And I'd definitely want to be shrunk. And the whole huge room would be able to be traveled, as well as perhaps later Pizza Planet. They could do so many cool things with that. Mmm mmm...

there's also a new scan showing seifer, and I really don't like the way he looks now, I wonder why nomura didn't do a manlier redesign like with cloud and squall

here's the scan
and the site

also, I was just imagining how awesome a boss battle agaisnt THE CLAW would be

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
ah fuck... this game is mine, just because of those levels, I mean PoTC and now this... too awesome KHII get!.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Simo said:
Has this already been posted...?
vj0820-03.jpg

Advent Children Cloud with Squall.
Since when was Cloud taller than Squall? Squall is 5'8. Cloud is 5'7. And those are the official heights.

and since when does Squall have long hair

AssMan

Banned
"Since when was Cloud taller than Squall? Squall is 5'8. Cloud is 5'7. And those are the official heights."

you got to be shitting me. :lol :lol :lol

demi

GaimeGuy said:
Since when was Cloud taller than Squall? Squall is 5'8. Cloud is 5'7. And those are the official heights.

Loser status CONFIRMED.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
AssMan said:
"Since when was Cloud taller than Squall? Squall is 5'8. Cloud is 5'7. And those are the official heights."

you got to be shitting me. :lol :lol :lol
I guess having squall taller than cloud would make Squall look too much like a badass. :p

GaimeGuy said:

cloud is using high heels, it's part of nomura's redesign

and where are my ffix characters???

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Himuro said:
Only characcters Testuya Nomura has designed aka FFVII,VIII, and X characters.

shit. I'm tired of seeing the usual suspects Cloud, Squall, Sephiroth etc... still buying the game just for the Disney stuff

Error2k4 said:
shit. I'm tired of seeing the usual suspects Cloud, Squall, Sephiroth etc... still buying the game just for the Disney stuff

Well it's Nomura's game, and all from the Playstation generation of FF he designed. The other FF are other people's work.

jman2050

GaimeGuy said:

Probably the hair. From what I see, their actual heads are about the same height in that picture. The fact that Squall's head looks hunched over and Cloud's does not easily accounts for the extra inch.

Looks consistent to me.

neptunes

Sorry they're not scans, but this is all I can find.

awxfzm.jpg

awxg1d.jpg

awxfub.jpg

Why does sora have all those multi-colored clothing? yellow,blue,red etc...

Amir0x

Banned
neptunes said:

awxfzm.jpg

awxg1d.jpg

awxfub.jpg

Awesome, thanks. It's a start :)

Also, he has multi-colored clothing because of his new fusion technique. He can fuse with his partners for stronger powered attacks or something like that. I assume with every character he fuses with he gets different color outfit combinations.

eLGee

neptunes said:

awxfzm.jpg

awxg1d.jpg

awxfub.jpg

That's awesome!! :) I wonder if there will be any scratches in the picture and sound when you play it? :)
BTW, could someone translate what Pete says? In spoiler brackets.

Amir0x

Banned
eLGee said:
That's awesome!! :) I wonder if there will be any scratches in the picture and sound when you play it? :)
BTW, could someone translate what Pete says? In spoiler brackets.

IIRC, someone who went to SquareEnix Party 2005 and saw the new KHII teaser said the Steamboat Willie sections looked cool, but they didn't go far enough with it. I assume that includes no picture quality reduction and no sound scratching.

Varian

Looks like shit. It was a huge mistake for Disney to lend out their IP to a company who takes its inspiration from the cheap production values of anime and manga.

Prince of Space said:
Wow, you're retarded!

Pretty much. Cheap production values at that? Square has some of the biggest production values in the world of gaming. This is freakin' Square with their 3rd biggest selling IP in the world at that.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Varian said:
Looks like shit. It was a huge mistake for Disney to lend out their IP to a company who takes its inspiration from the cheap production values of anime and manga.

Mmm, you can taste the corn.

jett

D-Member
Dude...how can you say these graphics look like shit?
awxfzm.jpg
I can't imagine those models looking better.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Varian said:
And you have no taste. Which is worse?

No no no sonny, you're not getting away from this one.
Call KH's game-play shit, call its story shit, call its camera shit. Whatever you say. Insult my taste from front to back left to right.
You gonna say that graphically looks awful?
Get the fuck out of here.

belgurdo

Banned
Varian said:

Someone's begging for a tag

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Varian said:

:lol

Mikami cries with you

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Man, I hate just about everything about the original KH, but it did look damn fine when it came out a few years ago. Even today it looks clean and distinct enough to remain appealing.

Top Bottom