• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Steamboat Willie scan (KHII)

RevenantKioku said:
No no no sonny, you're not getting away from this one.
Call KH's game-play shit, call its story shit, call its camera shit. Whatever you say. Insult my taste from front to back left to right.
You gonna say that graphically looks awful?
Get the fuck out of here.

Exactly. Hate the gameplay sure, but damn the modeling and production values can't be denied, Square did a better job than Disney at rendering 3D game characters of their own IPs, and Square had modeling ranged from the old steamboat Wille to Beauty and the Beast, and hell even Pirates of the Carribean! I can't see anyone doing a better job than what they captured with so many different artstyles.

eLGee

Amir0x said:
IIRC, someone who went to SquareEnix Party 2005 and saw the new KHII teaser said the Steamboat Willie sections looked cool, but they didn't go far enough with it. I assume that includes no picture quality reduction and no sound scratching.

Aww, too bad. It would capture the Steamboat Willie-feel perfectly. One of my favorite Mickey shorts.

Top Bottom