• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Flatout being given away for free on GOG

Hudo

I played the shit out of this game as a wee lad. The German version was censored in a hilarious way: Instead of having a real person sitting behind the wheel and getting flung out of the car during a big crash (there were specific game modes where the aim was to achieve the longest "air time" of the flung-out driver), they replaced the human model with a model of a crash test dummy. I found it hilarious.

Last edited:

nani17

are in a big trouble
Go Go Go Running GIF

Free

Guilty_AI

I played the shit out of this game as a wee lad. The German version was censored in a hilarious way: Instead of having a real person sitting behind the wheel and getting flung out of the car during a big crash (there were specific game modes where the aim was to achieve the longest "air time" of the flung-out driver), they replaced the human model with a model of a crash test dummy. I found it hilarious.
i remember this. It was uncensored in my country but when i went to the internet to see videos of it i'd be confused thinking "How the hell do i unlock the dummy driver?". Only found out later the reason for it.

poodaddy

That actually sounds awesome. For once, censorship gave you guys the better version.

I guess the same could be said about the Saudi Arabian version of Spider-Man 2. In general, I'm not a fan of censorship but.....makes ya think lol.

Hudo

i remember this. It was uncensored in my country but when i went to the internet to see videos of it i'd be confused thinking "How the hell do i unlock the dummy driver?". Only found out later the reason for it.
I had the reverse effect, essentially. When I was looking up videos of this game at one point, I only saw gameplay where the model was the human and I was thinking "how the hell did they get that?".

Top Bottom