• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Florida Woman fights to keep her potty-trained, clothes wearing pet alligator

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to visit these parts of Florida

LAKELAND, Fla. — A Florida woman may soon have to say "See you later alligator!" to her pet reptile of 11 years because she doesn't have the required area to keep him.

Mary Thorn, who is known to nurse disabled gators back to health, adopted Rambo and has been taking care of him and bringing him to events to teach others about the reptile, according to the change.org petition.

Thorn said that Rambo is not just docile and sweet, he's potty-trained, responds to 70 commands, and can even ride a 4-wheeler.

Rambo wears clothes not just for entertainment, but to protect his skin because of a rare condition makes him sensitive to light, the petition said.

"Rambo accompanies Mary to special charitable events and she donates 100% of the earnings to organizations like: Shriners, Toys for Tots, schools and police departments," the petition read.

Recently, the 15-year-old alligator had a growth spurt that may tear the duo apart.

The Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission requires reptiles that is as big as Rambo to live on properties with at least 2.5 acres of open space. Thorn's home doesn't meet that requirement.

Now, the petition is asking the Florida Wildlife Commission to let Rambo and Thorn stay together.

If they evict the gator, who occasionally shares a bed with thorn, she said it will be a death sentence for her scaly pal who has never lived in the wild and is skittish around other reptiles.

"We do not want to see Rambo removed from his loving home and placed into unknown conditions — especially when he is afraid of outside noises and is very much a member of the family," it said.

It has almost met its goal of 1,500 supporters.

http://pix11.com/2016/03/21/florida...-potty-trained-clothes-wearing-pet-alligator/

Real talk, if she's figured out how to get the thing to ride an ATV they really need to let her keep it, maybe give her her own reality show.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I mean... I'm not big on gators, but that thing is kinda cute. But if it just hit its growth spurt, it's gonna need its space.

There's a picture out there of him riding in his little 4 wheeler
HT_pet_alligator_04_mm_160317_4x3_992.jpg

This is the greatest thing I have ever seen.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
After seeing the second to last photo I realized that if a movie was made based on this that she would be played by Melissa McCarthy.

gosox333

well at the very least I don't doubt that Rambo wouldn't fare well in the wild

man just let her keep him at this point

soultron

Banned
It can wear clothes and sit on the ATV but can it actually drive it? Start, stop, turn to navigate complex terrain, etc?

Baby seat on the back of the motorcycle is just the icing on the cake lol.
I doubt it, Alligator are not that smart nor do they have the tool to make such maneuvers.

In Port Flamingo Ive seen an Alligator leave a dead fish on the boat ramp so it could ambush the seagull that came for a quick snack. Pretty sure theyre smart enough to ride an ATV.

maxcriden

This croc's got style so listen up Bros
He can ride ATVs and eats at Moe's
He wears sweet clothes if he wants to dance
So put your hands in the air and give him a chance
He's a real life Kremling and classy too
He's the newest
of the
DK
Crew

This croc's got style so listen up Bros
He can ride ATVs and eats at Moe's
He wears sweet clothes if he wants to dance
So put your hands in the air and give him a chance
He's a real life Kremling and classy too
He's the newest
of the
DK
Crew
/EVEN MORE DEAD THEN THE PICTURE

And I thought that was not possible XD

soultron

Banned
What will ultimately decide this alligator's fate: whether or not it can successfully evade state police in a high speed ATV chase through a swamp.

B33

Banned
Wow.

I clicked on a Florida thread on NeoGAF and didn't immediately feel ashamed.

This is weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom