• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For everyone from Europe..

thorns

Banned
Anyone NOT happy with Xbox 360 bundle price?

Xbox 1 launch price was €479. Ps2 was around €450-€500 depending on country. Considering that you have 15%-25% sales tax depending on country, the price is very very good. That's just my opinion.
The americans get back to bitching :)

p.s: the wi-fi is still a ripoff. You can get a wireless bridge for $50 that does the same thing.

Jacobi

Banned
So what ? The Cube was 199 Euro.

Xbox 1's and PS2's prices were BIG rip-offs back then, so they don't justify a 400 Euro price. That price is STILL expensive. I mean - it's just a hobby isn't it ?

It's uncredible for me how people say 400 Euro is a GOOD price.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I am not happy with the core console because is a step back and forces the consumer to spend a buttload of money if he want some "extra" features.

I am OK with the full console, but I understand that there are a lot of people out there who can't pay that much at launch.

Condensed: MS is run by morons.

So what ? The Cube was 199 Euro.
Actually, GC was going to be €250 but Nintendo dropped the price after Microsoft. It also lacks some critical features like a HDD.

Chittagong

Gold Member
399e is sweet for all you get and 299e is pretty mindblowing, although the content is futile. Considering 500e PS2, 489e Xbox and 289e PSP, it's fine.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Funky Papa said:
Too bad English is not my first language (I know, pwned)

But everybody in the world talks English, just with different accents! I've seen it in the Bond movies!

bloke

Xbox initial price was 479€ yes, but console itself only started selling once it was around 300€. Sure that's the price of basic pack now, but without HDD, BC, wireless controller...I mean fuck that.
Personally I'll wait for a price drop and some more interesting games, western launch lineup leaves me cold (sequels, rehashes, EA crap...). Hopefully 360 gets hax0red in a meantime so I can turn it into anime/emubox again (me drools over possible DC/Saturn emulation).

quetz67

Banned
xbox 1 was 469 Euros at launch but NOBODY bought it until it dropped to 249 Euros incl. 2 games.

That was holiday season 2002

bloke

In Europe, Playstation brand >>>>>>>>>>>>> Xbox brand
It's MS thats still trying catch up with Sony with agressive pricing, not otherwise.

quetz67

Banned
thorns said:
.. and ps2 was €500 and it didn't have a hdd and a lot of people bought it..
your point is?
My point is that Sony stuff sells at any price while nobody wants MS stuff at such a price

COCKLES

being watched
USA.

Enjoy your vaseline!

:lol

If American wants to be the world dominant power...well as Old Pa Parker said "With great power...comes great responsiblity"...and that includes ensuring euro's get a cheaper console.

Solid

Console Installed Bases - 3/31/05

PS2 25.1
Xbox 5.2
GCN 3.9

that sends a pretty clear message i think. but hopefully ms 360 price will force sony to take the same. i hope so. cheap consoles for all! yay!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
It's still a rip-off. Just less of a rip-off than the Xbox/PS2 relative to America. But, that still makes it much more of a ripoff compared to America. Hmm.

After the GC launch it's inexcusable.

And it's still costing a lot more to get the HDD than I expected (€100 more).

quetz67

Banned
We will see a price war like no other (especially here in europe) and MS will have another xbox that only generates losses.

btw. I have no problems paying 500 Euros for a PS3, at least I get a Blue-Ray player (I already have a DVD player).

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
PS2 was way too expensive but didn't have any rivals (Dreamcast was never really present in Germany :(). Xbox had a really terrible start and experienced a big price drop to 300€ soon after launch. I don't think 400€ is a good or accaptable price at all. Compare it to Dreamcast which launched at 250€ and GameCube which launched at 200€. These prices had a much better value. I don't think, 360 has to be more expensive than 300€ and if it launched at that price I would be one of those guys standing in the queue at launch. I hope Nintendo won't act like MS or else I'll have to wait quite long for the next generation to begin for me (except MS has to drop the price again like in 2002 ;D).

Excelion

Banned
The Cube was 200€ after a one year delay and a price drop before the launch of the console. 400€ is exactly 400$ + VAT, without any delay. I'm sure MS could launch in Q4 2006 at 300€.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
PS2 was £299 including VAT. So only very slightly more than the Xbox premium pack.

What it contained is largely irrelevant as that was a different time. Compare like for like,which means waiting to see what happens with PS3.

Gregory said:
It`s great. The core pack costs the same as the PSP will. Now who`s screwing us over again?

you don't need to buy a screen for the psp.

now if the core pack would come with a 20" HDTV monitor it would be about the same.

I wonder what the PS3 price will be like....
If I think about it. There are more impotant things to buy for 400€. Like someone already said: it's just a hobby. I wait for a price drop.

Chittagong said:
This just confirmed!

In Finland

Xbox 360 core system - 319e
Xbox 360 - 419e

*Ouch* Is it normal that you have to pay more? And why(taxes or what?)?

But everybody in the world talks English, just with different accents! I've seen it in the Bond movies!

Hmpf, and I always thought everybody in the world speaks German cause of these Bond movies :D

Considering the price..., hmm, I really thought the console with HDD and wireless controller wouldn't cost more than 360$/€(and I hoped that it would cost 299$/€) so this announcement was no reason to celebrate for me ;)

JMPovoa

fiddlestick said:
you don't need to buy a screen for the psp.

now if the core pack would come with a 20" HDTV monitor it would be about the same.

With the PSP you don't get a triple core processor with 3.2 Ghz each, 512MB main RAM, Xenon GPU......

PS: Stupid

JMPovoa said:
With the PSP you don't get a triple core processor with 3.2 Ghz each, 512MB main RAM, Xenon GPU......

everything is much smaller in the psp, smaller = more expensive.

if psp would have the technology 360 has but smaller it would be 20-30 times more expensive then it is, if not more.

Prine

Banned
JMPovoa said:

Yep pretty much. All his post so far are trolls against Xbox/MS

Ceb

u_neek said:
More like $660...

Both the dollar and the yen were more expensive back in 2001. Besides, even today, the price of the X360 equals over $500 here, so the difference isn't that big.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
thorns said:
It is 3000kr / 4000kr in Sweden. Good price considering it includes 25% sales tax (ouch).

Are the prices confirmed as official for Sweden (and not just calculated based on the announced Euro price)? In that case I'm quite happy about it, 3000 kr is a good price IMO.

I was considering getting it at launch.....but there's not much i'm really interested in getting.
Well i'm interested in PGR3 and Ghost Recon 3, but they hardly games worth shelling out that kinda cash on IMO. So i'll wait until Gears of War comes out to get it.
Plus i'll have Oblivion on PC to more than tide me over, and infact by the time i'm done with that Zelda will be out, so i may not get the 360 until I finish Zelda.

So, i guess my answer is; i'm fine with the price of the premium (pissed about the lack of hdd on core) but don't really need it until next year.

[Edit]Almost forget, will most likely get the HD-DVD version when that is out, which will probably be the timeframe that i'll be ready to get the 360 anyway, so that kills two birds with 1 stone. And then get a Rev and possibly PS3(if i can afford it) when they come out.[/Edit]

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Jill Sandwich said:
Which is bestest? PS3 or XBox 360?

Xbox 360, cause its making my gadget buying hormones flare up :)

Then, when I'm done with PGR3 and Ghost Recon, it'll most likely sit idle for 6 months in the traditional drought, and I'll get bored and start lusting after PS3.

Zer0

Banned
JMPovoa said:

comparasions of a portable system with the xbos360..its really stupid

Gregory

Banned
thorns said:
It is 3000kr / 4000kr in Sweden. Good price considering it includes 25% sales tax (ouch).

Can`t be right.
Here in Norway the price was announced at 2595kr for core pack, 3395kr premium.
Weird if it would cost more in Sweden.

Prine said:
All his post so far are trolls against Xbox/MS

and you have david beckham as a avatar :lol

and yeah i kinda dont like xbox or ms but i like alot of the games for xbox and im looking forward to some for 360.

Ceb

Gregory said:
Can`t be right.

Looking at the exchange rates, both countries get slightly raised prices.

daMandus

Gregory said:
Can`t be right.

It's the confirmed prices for Sweden.

2995 for the Core pack and 3995 for premium.

Top Bottom