• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For everyone from Europe..

I'm happy because now I dont have to import from US because prices are so close together. But I'm unhappy because I was expecting HDD with every Xbox 360. 399 euros isnt really that bad. I know it feels lot more expensive for americans.

Ruzbeh

Banned
thorns said:
Xbox 1 launch price was €479.
It dropped to 299 euros a few weeks after that because it had to compete with the PS2. Do you think the X360 will drop in price when there is absolutely no competition for at least a few months?

£279 is a great price, probabily the best value launch ever considering what you're getting with it.

•Xbox 360 - £279
•20GB detachable hard drive
•Wireless controller
•Wireless Xbox Live headset
•High-definition AV cables
•Ethernet cable
•Xbox 360 Media Remote Control (limited time)
•Detachable faceplate
•Xbox Live Silver membership

Versus

•Xbox - £300
•10GB hard drive
•Controller
•crappy AV cables

Versus

•Playstation 2 - £300
•Controller
•Crappy AV cables

Considering what you get, I can't see how anyone can't be happy with the price. £279 for a launch machine, with a 20gb HD, with a wireless pad, with Component cables (not the crappy ones you usually get), with a remote control and with a headset IS good value in comparision to previous launches. The PS2 had none of that and launched at £300, the PSone and the Saturn had even less and were £350. Even the GC, that launched at £179, was closer to £250 once you bought memory cards and RGB SCART cables.

Ummmm... just because MS was insane enough to sell Xbox1 (at first) for 479 euros, does it mean I should be happy 360 costs 400 euros? You MUST be kidding.

scarybore

mr_sockochris said:
Even the GC, that launched at £179, was closer to £250 once you bought memory cards and RGB SCART cables.

Im pretty sure it launched at £129 actually, after initial plans for £179, but I agree with everything else you say. Excellent deal for the UK, im currently unemployed and im buying it, I just dont see the fuss.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
fortified_concept said:
Are you talking about imports? Cause there's no way in hell PS2 costed that much. Iirc I bought my first PS2 six months after the european launch and it costed 300-350 euros

The initial price for PS2 here in Sweden was equal to 480 euro...although it dropped a bit down to 430 euro during the following months.

mr_sockochris said:
£279 is a great price, probabily the best value launch ever considering what you're getting with it.

•Xbox 360 - £279
•20GB detachable hard drive[That(+ the wireless controller) is the only real reason to buy the 400€ pack]
•Wireless controller
•Wireless Xbox Live headset[I won't play live...]
•High-definition AV cables[If that's a cable with good quality, it's useful]
•Ethernet cable[Ehm? I have 3 or 4 unused ethernet cables here]
•Xbox 360 Media Remote Control (limited time)[don't need that, I bought a DVD-Player ~3 years ago...]
•Detachable faceplate
•Xbox Live Silver membership [doesn't cost anything and..., yeah you can't play online with Silver ;)]

:)

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
400€ is a bad price, even when considering what you're getting with it.

•Xbox 360 - 400€
•20GB detachable hard drive
•Wireless controller
•Wireless Xbox Live headset
•High-definition AV cables
•Ethernet cable
•Xbox 360 Media Remote Control (limited time)
•Detachable faceplate
•Xbox Live Silver membership

Versus

•Dreamcast - 250€
•Controller
•Modem
•crappy AV cables

Versus

•GameCube - 200€
•Controller
•Crappy AV cables

If you want to have the full system with all it's capabilitys you need a HDD and MS forces you, to buy all these things you might find useless like Media Remote Control, Ethernet cable, Headset with it, as a Core System plus a HDD costs exactly the same amount of money as this full package. Therefore if I compare the prce to the GameCube's price, I don't really get why 360 has to cost two times as much as GameCube. Or N64. Or 150€ more than Dreamcast. PS2 had no competitor, Xbox's price was a big mistake corrected quickly and the early adopters got a sorry package containing 3 games so comparing to these prices isn't fair at all.

JMPovoa

Why are you comparing the Xbox 360's pricing with console's that flopped saleswise? ( i guess you think Xbox360 is following the same route? :) )

Shompola

Banned
Considering how TAX is raping most european countries, the prices are great. A lot of it has to do with the still rather weak USD I would believe.

Top Bottom