• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Forbes]‘Helldivers 2’ On Xbox? Even PS5 Players Want It To Happen

PS5 Players Want It To Happen?

• Yes

Votes: 113 28.7%
  • No

Votes: 281 71.3%

• Total voters

gokurho

Summary by ChatGPT
This article discusses the anticipation surrounding the possibility of a sequel to the popular game "HellDivers" coming to Xbox. Despite the original game being exclusive to PlayStation and PC, there's a growing desire among both Xbox and PS5 players for "HellDivers 2" to be available on Xbox as well. The article highlights the sentiments within the player community and includes comments from the game's developer, Arrowhead Game Studios, regarding this anticipation.
Helldivers 2 continues to suffer from success, struggling to operate under the weight of an enormous amount of PS5 and Steam players attempting to play. The Steam concurrent record has now breached 400,000, and previously, Arrowhead CEO said the PlayStation split was 50/50, so it’s unclear what it is now. But the total is massive.

But the Helldivers 2 community wants even more players to join.

I am now seeing something that I never thought was possible, this war game causing a ceasefire between PlayStation and Xbox fans. Xbox players are obviously wishing that Sony would release this game on Microsoft’s console the way Microsoft has committed to making some of its multiplayer games playable on PlayStation. But even many PlayStation players want Xbox to have it as well.
Video Games Hug GIF by PlayStation

Gojiira

I hate this narrative thats getting pushed now…Suddenly its all praise for Xbox having decided to go Multiplat and by extension pressure should be put on Sony to follow suit…Lets not forget WHY Xbox is going this route, they have failed to make any money,they need multiplat sales…
Now would HD2 benefit from Xbox players? Sure why not, the more the merrier for a GaaS…BUT That is where it stops…

BlackTron

Is there some Helldivers 2 player out there who wishes his Xbox console friend could join in with him? I'm sure there is. Why is this a Forbes and tweet worthy development while Halo is still not on Playstation?

Edit: I'm not "sure who it helps" that Halo isn't on PS. The answer: Microsoft, obviously, until realizing they suck at maintaining a platform and decide to shift gears.

I find it especially embarrassing there is an article on Forbes that PS fans want Helldivers on Xbox at the same time as port announcements. They're the "third party" who sends ports with one hand while simultaneously competing, port begging and passive aggressively attacking you with the other....through a network of shadow warriors. JFC.

I can understand them not wanting to pull the plug on their long-standing console ecosystem overnight, absolutely. But I wouldn't be bullshitting a narrative about the competition (my actual new partners) either.

Hey MS, I just made a new platform last night it's called Ouya 2. All my like 12 friends are on it. I don't see who it benefits that we can't get Halo or AOE on this. Sure maybe you don't think the install base is that big but maybe it would get bigger if you put some games on it. Come on! Ok fine I will put my 1 game on Xbox but really it was just to be nice and you don't know what you're missing putting those games on Ouya 2 in return. Even Xbox fans want it. REALLY. If you don't do it. You're not for the gamers man

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Lol Forbes doing its Xbox shilling for the fornight. They are literally repeating what Twitter bots are saying. How obvious can you get…

Bloombergs coming in next week to say Sony are anti consumer for not porting this on Xbox.

No PS player is asking for Xbox players, the game has enough players

Someone needs to call them out on this obvious BS

Last edited:
I love how it took HD2 for Xbox gamers to realize that Microsoft milked them with uninspired rehashed sequels of Halo and Gears the past 10+ years. To the point where both games multiplayers are completely irrelevant in the gaming landscape
Makes zero sense to compare Helldivers to one of the Halo or Gears titles.

Amount of content is not even in same galaxy.

Denton

I like how some people pretend they don't want it on xbox only because "servers are already on fire". Hilarious.

Top Bottom