• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phillip W. Spencer III”Phil Spencer on Helldivers 2 Not Being on Xbox: 'I'm Not Exactly Sure Who It Helps'”

Status
Not open for further replies.

gokurho

Summary by ChatGPT
The article discusses Phil Spencer's comments on why Helldivers 2 isn't on Xbox. Spencer expressed uncertainty about the decision, emphasizing the importance of engagement across platforms and offering a diverse game library. He indicated a lack of clear information on how Helldivers 2 might appear on Xbox. Spencer's remarks suggest a commitment to providing players with the best gaming experiences while highlighting the significance of engagement for Xbox's gaming ecosystem.
Amid a flurry of Xbox news today, Microsoft Gaming CEO Phil Spencer confirmed that four Xbox exclusives are headed to other platforms. He's not, however, expecting other companies to take the same approach.
In an interview for Stephen Totilo's Game File newsletter, Spencer specifically brought up Helldivers 2, Sony's first simultaneous PS5 and PC release, while touching on the subject.
"I will say, when I look at a game like Helldivers 2 — and it's a great game, kudos to the team shipping on PC and PlayStation — I'm not exactly sure who it helps in the industry by not being on Xbox," he said. "If you try to twist yourself to say, like, somehow that benefited somebody somewhere."
Still, Spencer relents a little bit, saying, "but I get it": “There's a legacy in console gaming that we're going to benefit by shipping games and not putting them on other places. We do the same thing.”

He also pointed out that that Helldiver 2's simultaneous release on PC and PS5 is "doing really well," and he's not wrong. The cooperative action sequel notched Sony's biggest-ever game launch on Steam when it debuted last week.

Why not, Sony? I can not understand:messenger_loudly_crying::messenger_loudly_crying::messenger_loudly_crying:
Xbox will give Sony four amazing games:messenger_anxious::messenger_anxious::messenger_anxious:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom