• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite Achieves Record-Breaking 6.6 Million Live Players

Spyxos

Gold Member
lego-fortnite-740x431.jpg

Epic Games’ Fortnite has once again set a new record for peak live players, with over 6.6 million players engaging in all its modes. The game achieved an amazing 2.3 million+ players in the Lego Fortnite mode alone.

This impressive milestone marks the highest peak of players since public reporting of numbers began in March 2023, excluding the unprecedented turnout of 11.6 million+ during a special event day. This is possible thanks to the addition of new game modes within the Fortnite universe, including Lego Fortnite and Rocket Racing.

The Lego mode is great, I haven't been able to try the races yet, the servers don't work there.

Lego and Fortnite are such a great match. Two products that started out doing their own thing but are now little more than marketing vehicles for other IPs.

Not a fan of Fortnite but looking at the Legos Fortnite trailer you would be a fool if you didn't think that was going to move player counts.

Ribi

Lego looked good, rocket racing looked weightless and very meeeehhhh... It's like we have Hot wheels unleashed at home.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
'Engagement' numbers. For all we know they could have all logged on for the same 5 minutes and then logged off again. Without sales numbers these stats are meaningless. They would have made more money selling full price copies and then making it free to play a year later.

Mowcno

'Engagement' numbers. For all we know they could have all logged on for the same 5 minutes and then logged off again. Without sales numbers these stats are meaningless. They would have made more money selling full price copies and then making it free to play a year later.
You get live player counts for every mode so no.

Spyxos

Gold Member
Their plan is working. I bought Fornite back then when it wasn't a Battle Roayle game, otherwise I didn't buy a Battle Pass or anything else. Now I've bought the Battlepass for the first time. And 2 Lego Technic sets.

Phase

I wonder what percentage of Fortnite players exclusively play Fortnite and nothing else. It's wild this game can stay this popular for this long. It's like the CS of gen z.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
And this is why every company wants their own version of a GaaS hit. They're all chasing that Fortnite clout.

Top Bottom