• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite playtime on consoles last month topped Call of Duty, EA Sports FC, GTA 5 and Roblox combined

Bernoulli

M2 slut
Console users reportedly spent over 1.6 billion hours playing Fortnite in December 2023.

The total is greater than the combined amount of time console owners spent playing Call of Duty HQ (Modern Warfare 2, Modern Warfare 3 and Warzone), EA Sports FC 24, Grand Theft Auto V/Online and Roblox last month, according to research firm Ampere Analysis.

Epic finally claims top spot for publisher MAU share on console
In December 2023, Epic Games became the leading publisher by monthly active user (MAU) share across PlayStation and Xbox, surpassing long-standing leader EA. This is a significant milestone for the company, and was fuelled by the astonishing growth of Fortnite over the last two months of the year.

Last edited:

Quasicat

Based on the queue lines, this shouldn’t surprise anyone. What I was wondering, is how they were going to top bringing back the OG map. I wonder what their numbers are going to look like now that they have moved on to a new season.

Bernoulli

M2 slut
Based on the queue lines, this shouldn’t surprise anyone. What I was wondering, is how they were going to top bringing back the OG map. I wonder what their numbers are going to look like now that they have moved on to a new season.
These are the numbers for the new season

Davesky

clint eastwood kids GIF

Poor kids. In my day we had Pick-up sticks, Paper Windmills and Pong.

//DEVIL//

I have a question. is there a mode in Fortnight when you can play like team deathmatch without building stuff ? or at worse battle royal but without the building stuff ?

Danknugz

I have a question. is there a mode in Fortnight when you can play like team deathmatch without building stuff ? or at worse battle royal but without the building stuff ?
good question, that's what turned me off from it 7 years ago or whenever it was that i played it a few times

Spyxos

Gold Member
I can see that. Suddenly half my friends list is playing it. Even though they don't usually play Fortnite. And I myself am also playing Fortnite relatively actively at the moment.

Generic

Yes, there are player-made deathmatch maps with no building. They are actually quite popular.

dem

I believe it

When my kid gets home from school he instantly gets on Fortnite to play with like 3-5 friends.

And when he gets done hockey practice all the kids are making plans to meet up on fortnite. Definitely the biggest game going right now.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Yes, there are player-made deathmatch maps with no building. They are actually quite popular.

It’s funny that people think Fortnite is just a battle royale. It’s a gaming platform with tons of modes and user created content that’s shared. The Fortnite platform and the amount of content in it is baffling.

Hudo

I dunno, man. Fortnite does not appeal to me at all. If it were up to me, they would've done Unreal 3 and a new Unreal Tournament.

Roufianos

It’s the perfect game for friends. My brother (46) and myself (39) play it while chatting it up. It’s mindless fun with reasons to play each week.
I wouldn't even say mindless, No Build requires a lot more tactics than something like COD or Halo.

FeralEcho

I've never installed this shit on any of my consoles.Don't ever want to taint them with the stench of gaas.

Eventually all gaas will fade away as does the stench of a wet fart that goes with the wind.

Meicyn

Gold Member
Well the Lego, Racing, and Rock Band modes brought in a lot of attention for sure. All free additions, I mean even if you don't care for anything the game offers, you can't deny it's a great value.
The Lego and Rock Band modes is what got me playing. I ended up throwing down money on the Save the World campaign and screw around on there too. I messed with Zero Build briefly but battle royale just doesn’t interest me.

The racing is honestly poorly thought out and doesn’t fit the rest of Fortnite. You have the playerbase spending money on skins and emotes, and it’s the one game mode where you can’t use any of them. It isn’t surprising in the slightest that it’s the least played of any of the primary game modes. I said it before, they should have done cart racing so you could at least see the characters and then have them be interactive in some way, with race replays and so on. Wholesale ripoff Mario Kart 8, I mean, why not?

dem

Its funny...

Even the Fortnite music game is going to eat lunch before Guitar hero even gets a chance..

Wonder when the rock band controllers are coming

bender

What time is it?
Pretty amazing considering Fortnite's initial concept was a failure and they tacked on a PUBG mode on a whim.

Codes 208

I will admit i am part of the problem because emoting on kids, while playing as GODDAMN CELL FROM DRAGON BALL Z is the funniest thing ive ever done in a competitive shooter.

Also buildingless mode is the best way to experience the game without having to deal with the sweatiest of sweats

Meicyn

Gold Member
I will admit i am part of the problem because emoting on kids, while playing as GODDAMN CELL FROM DRAGON BALL Z is the funniest thing ive ever done in a competitive shooter.

Also buildingless mode is the best way to experience the game without having to deal with the sweatiest of sweats
Funny thing about emotes, the fact that you can use them in the Rock Band mode has been some great comedy. During those lengthy segments when a player has no notes to play, they let you go ham. It’s hard to stay focused trying to 100% a song when the camera suddenly centers on another player using the Goku skin as he initiates the power up emote and goes super saiyan on stage.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
You call that engaging, I called it annoying. Glad they got their shit together and gave us a Zero Build mode.
It's like playing a card game with a full set of cards vs. an incomplete deck. It's like giving people some bongos vs giving people a 42 piece orchestra.

You can just experience so much more with the added complexity. It resembles the fullness of life more than just about any other game in existence.

Spyxos

Gold Member
Zero build sucks once you're used to Builds. Way more interesting engagements in true Fortnite.
I have tried it several times, but none of my friends and me wanted to learn how to build stuff. So we always dropped it quickly. It's only been fun since Zero Build. Without it, we would never actively play Fortnite BR.

Top Bottom