• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 6 is already in development

Killer8

I hope they change up the formula. FH5 was really boring. They've made basically the same game a bunch of times now but with a new location. Also get rid of all the back patting upbeat British people please. I can last more than 5 minutes without affirmation, thanks.

I hope they change up the formula. FH5 was really boring. They've made basically the same game a bunch of times now but with a new location. Also get rid of all the back patting upbeat British people please. I can last more than 5 minutes without affirmation, thanks.

Yeah I have to agree with you. The formula has gotten stale after FH3, FH4, and FH5 all having basically the same structure. I too hate the awful writing in FH5 in particular.

Gotta be Japan. I can’t wait for this. FH6 is gonna be crazy. Leave old Gen behind, beautiful Japan, mountains, vroom vroom, deliver that pizza, it’s called a motor race Toto

Imtjnotu

mike yard no shit GIF by The Nightly Show

ACESHIGH

Banned
Just stop... the game needs more time in the oven for a next gen only release. And yeah, they have to knock it out of the park with a Japan setting.

No cringey soymilk hipsters this time please. Also please stop with the participation medal syndrome from the latest games. Make your devs play 500 he of horizon 1 before writing a single line of code.

20cent

Banned
They start working on a franchise entry less than a year after release of previous one?

No waaaaaaay....

CamHostage

I don't think that's an official render. It's a fan mock-up.

Yep, and that's a little shady posting and promotion of the "news" here. This image goes back to Forza Horizon 4 rumors/leaks (which I believe only amounted to a Japanese Automobile Car Pack?), and they photoshopped the numbers.

7dHTIAi.jpg

Maybe they're recruiting for Forza Horizon 6? (It seems inevitable at this point.) Maybe they're recruiting for a hoped-for FH5 themed DLC? (Playground regularly does amazing one-off themed tracks, and #5 will hopefully have something big again.) Maybe both, maybe they're just recruiting because they know they need designers after having yet another big hit? Maybe somebody left and one way or another the seat needs to be filled? Maybe they'll reinvent Forza Horizon in the sixth game and, like Forza Motorsport, it'll start totally fresh rather than as Forza Horizon 6 next time?

Whatever's going on, this tweet knows little but that the office is recruiting...

Last edited:

Wohc

Banned
Hopefully Japan and hopefully with a new formula. I hate the wheels of fortune. You can win high end super cars much too early and then there is no sense in using the other cars anymore. I want to progress and earn my cars. Also the auto tune should be much more expensive than manual tuning.

Last edited:

mxbison

Really hope they try a new formula.

I disliked pretty much everything about the game outside of the actual cars and driving.

But seeing how popular and successful it is, probably not gonna happen.

Yeah.
Hope you can now drive in the big Japanese skyscrapers. So still open world, but also indoors.

LokusAbriss

My guess is Japan or Germany setting
Both destinations would be great. And with both countries, they could include race tracks with heritage and famous amateur driving locations.

Japan was on every fans wishlist for so long, so I guess they have to bring it. But they might come up with a different location anyway.

Ozriel

M$FT
Just stop... the game needs more time in the oven for a next gen only release. And yeah, they have to knock it out of the park with a Japan setting.

Why would they stop development if the game needs more time in the oven?

If they need more development time, Shouldn’t an earlier start date be preferred?

Let’s not ditch logic here

cormack12

Gold Member
I haven't been on 5 much lately, waiting for the DLC to drop so I find it unlikely they are already in full production. I've been going back to 4 recently and I find it generally nicer and more interesting to drive roud (except winter). Anyway, proverbial wishlist

1. I like seasons but some of the PR/Speed stuff can only be done in certain seasons. FH5 was better in this regard but FH4 was bad for it
2. The festival playlists have aleady been tweaked in FH5 and are largely better for it, I enjoy the trial and don't want it nerfing. I also like the presentation much more than FH4
3. I don't like the Arcade, I prefer the Forzathons
4. Playground Games needs to be put out to pasture, it's an awful mode with awful game types
5. If you have an eliminator, make sure it works properly
6. I'd like better stories

Nydius

Agreed. I fell off FH5 hard after realizing it was the same damn thing I played in 3 and 4. I'm almost certain that some of the off-road track layouts were straight up copy/pasted from similar events in FH4, just with desert Mexican terrain rather than muddy English countryside.

FH3 with all the DLC was the peak of the series as far as I'm concerned. FH4 and FH5 were just copies of the FH3 formula with increasing levels of crap slapped onto it (seasons, seasonal confined "events", the Arcade, more Festival cringe nonsense, etc).

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
FH3 with all the DLC was the peak of the series as far as I'm concerned. FH4 and FH5 were just copies of the FH3 formula with increasing levels of crap slapped onto it (seasons, seasonal confined "events", the Arcade, more Festival cringe nonsense, etc).

Hell yes! I have close to 5 days time played in this game and it's one of those few games that is permanently pinned to my task bar. Such a blessing that this game was released on PC.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Agreed. I fell off FH5 hard after realizing it was the same damn thing I played in 3 and 4. I'm almost certain that some of the off-road track layouts were straight up copy/pasted from similar events in FH4, just with desert Mexican terrain rather than muddy English countryside.

Nailed it!

Lets Go Reaction GIF

Riky

$MSFT
The formula works well as you can approach it at your own pace, you aren't force fed a structure.
So I doubt they will move away from that as player choice is one reason the game is so popular.
Will be next gen only as well so I expect a significant step up.

Last edited:

Skifi28

And here I am, just having finished 3 and now playing 4. I think they should try something different and give the franchise a break for a few years, you can play the same game so many times.

anthony2690

Gold Member
I personally love the horizon racing games.

But I see some commenters commenting without offering ideas for what they could do to freshen the formula up?
I honestly can't really think what they could add or change at this point to a open world car racing game. Other than new map/events or whatever.

I can imagine this is a common issue with all racing games too (as what can they really do to be different?)

I'm personally not bored off the formula and really looking forward to the upcoming expansions.

Certinty

It needs big changes.

1 and 3 are amongst my favourite games ever made but what a mess the other few have been (despite being great games at the same time).

2 I understand they tried something new and didn't really pull it off hence they perfected it with 3.

But 4 and 5 have no excuse really, they tried to build off 3 and instead somehow ended up going backwards instead.

Still hard to believe the best progress system of any of the 5 games is in the first one. In fact, maybe that's not even surprising given 4 and 5 are severely aimed at casual players which I wonder if that has something to do with both being on Game Pass Day 1.

Alan Wake

I just hope they do something a little bit different next time. Forza Horizon 5 is a great game, but it's very similar to FH4 which was very simlar to FH3 which was very similar to... I played the heck out of FH4 but did not get that craving with FH5.

Sybrix

And here I am, just having finished 3 and now playing 4. I think they should try something different and give the franchise a break for a few years, you can play the same game so many times.

100%

I saw the title of this thread and thought:

meh-the-simpsons.gif

I love Forza games, however the way they are churning them out take's the edge of them, soon they'll turn into the likes of Assassins Creed and Far Cry, wont touch those games because of how boring and predictable they are.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Germany please. Though I wouldn't be mad at Japan.

Last edited:
Top Bottom