• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 reaches 37 million unique players

Varteras

Gold Member
in due time your trail will run up but there will be a cancellation fee

Lets Fight About It GIF

Three

That leaderboard LTD stat again. Of course this number is just going to keep growing as GP adds or even churns different users and we're going to get one of these threads every year until a possible sequel releases. It's one of the handful of big releases on GP and fairly popular so subscribers will likely install and check it out at some point.

These are not the engagement numbers I'm looking for.

Its steam performance:

Not completely terrible for an old game, not exactly earth shattering either in terms of peaks.

Last edited:

Elysium44

Banned
The road events and rivals circuits are a lot better in Forza Horizon 5. Tire traction and reflections are improved. The event lab is also amazing. The music, new cast, and DJs mostly suck though and there is definitely a lot less opportunities to earn CP.

I still think Forza Horizon 3 was more fun in its mechanics and events than both. At the same time, I really had a lot of fun with Forza Horizon 4's Fortune Island DLC.

I played rivals extensively in FH4 as well as online ranked racing and eliminator. FH5 online is gutted from FH4 and in my opinion the map is far inferior both aesthetically and in terms of racing. The physics are not objectively better, just different. You can argue they are more realistic (debatable) but I argue FH4 plays better.

Three

I played rivals extensively in FH4 as well as online ranked racing and eliminator. FH5 online is gutted from FH4 and in my opinion the map is far inferior both aesthetically and in terms of racing. The physics are not objectively better, just different. You can argue they are more realistic (debatable) but I argue FH4 plays better.
A more interesting stat would be any recent increase in FH4. It was part of the GP Core games. Does it have the same leaderboard stat?

I Dont Care Shrug GIF by Puss In Boots

Both have their strengths. I play them back to back. I enjoy the more responsive implementation of weight and grip in Forza Horizon 5. That said, eliminator and online ranked is something I usually avoid.

Porticus

Seriously what drives people to play this? Is it the cars they can't drive in real life, because the steep price of a Bugatti or what?

I understand, is incredible how the game expect the player to be someone so dumb nearly to the edge of being retarded in every aspect of the game, this shit can't be more casual maybe only The Crew 2 top this shit.

Last edited:
Seriously what drives people to play this? Is it the cars they can't drive in real life, because the steep price of a Bugatti or what?
Virtual tourism, collecting, and simulation of being able to do anything in a cool car without consequence. It is like the Fast and Furious in videogame form before they decided to go Just Cause.

I understand, is incredible how the game expect the player to be someone so dumb nearly to the edge of being retarded in every aspect of the game, this shit can't be more casual maybe only The Crew 2 top this shit.
You have some Hank Hill ass idea of entertainment. "Hands 9 to 5 Bobby, and keep it under 30."
king of the hill dog GIF

Last edited:

RickMasters

figured Id share some pics of some of my face cars in my roster. enjoy my fellow car heads!

Mustang daytona USA homage

jAscGW6.jpg

THr RX7 with the ridge racer decals
pA8MERZ.jpg

My fave car in the world
o0X1x3c.jpg

Im in the poprsche in the middle. styled after transformers Jazz from the 80s....in my head my freind in the rarri has a mullet and says words like "rad" a lot....the dude in the lambo looks like silvester stallone in cobra....and we are driving to sound of ozzy osbourns " a shot in the dark" through the canyons.....video games are all about escapism. I defffo get my fix with forza horizon! I just love cruising with my freinds around the maps in cars we love.

ME5sQpo.jpg

Greddy! for all my fellow JDM nuts here!
yMDVM3g.jpg

The 106 rally at dusk.... this shot reminds me of something taken straight of perfoemce car mgazine in the mid 90s ...'hot hatch of the year' shoot out type of article. so I took the pic. 106 rallys are sublime to drive in real life. My first car was a battered 205GTi 1.9 that I spent the next 8 months fixing and modifying. it was a proper little pocket rocket! glad they added it to FH5. I didnt even go crazy with the mods. just wanted it to feel something like a real world first time car with light (affordable) mods. so yeah this car makes me feel 17 years old again! lol
5KdXx0y.jpg

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Mmmmm give me all those engagement numbers mmmm soo tasty

Easily the best numbers you could receive. They make the most sense obviously and are the most accurate numbers ever

Top Bottom