• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 6 is already in development

Bragr

Banned
It's a Racing Game🤷‍♂️
Tell us what would you do in the Nexxt FH🤔
- Motorcycles, bicycles, boats, jet skies, snow-mobiles, go-karts.
- Allow the player to clean their cars and fix the damage with car wash and repair shops.
- Some areas of the map need to be without other cars, sometimes it gets tiresome with always having to dodge passing cars.
- Ditch all the story parts.
- Expand the radio, more songs, and more radio channels.
- Allow the player to display cars at their house in a garage, and also, some house customization.
- Remove the intrusive store ads and multiplayer reminders.
- Come up with new showcase events instead of resuing them from game to game.
- Change the progression of the game, no more "opening festivals" across the map, start out with a few events, and slowly unlock them as you progress, instead of blitzing the player with an absurd amount of races and map icons.
- Have various automobile shops around the map, like a big Mercedes or a Ford car shop to buy cars.

Roberts

Ukraine would be amazing. For the most part it is flat as a pancake, but there are some mountain areas in the SW and they could send a message by including Crimea, which has mountains as well.

Anyway, I loved 5 more than 2,3,4, so I think they are on the right path. I want more.

Last edited:
- Allow the player to clean their cars and fix the damage with car wash and repair shops.
- Some areas of the map need to be without other cars, sometimes it gets tiresome with always having to dodge passing cars.
- Allow the player to display cars at their house in a garage, and also, some house customization.
- Change the progression of the game, no more "opening festivals" across the map, start out with a few events, and slowly unlock them as you progress, instead of blitzing the player with an absurd amount of races and map icons.
- Have various automobile shops around the map, like a big Mercedes or a Ford car shop to buy cars.
I like some of these things... send it to Playground💪

Ukraine would be amazing. For the most part it is flat as a pancake, but there are some mountain areas in the SW and they could send a message by including Crimea, which has mountains as well.

Anyway, I loved 5 more than 2,3,4, so I think they are on the right path. I want more.
Ukraine would be so insanely tasteless that I could almost respect the brazenness of going for it. Ramp off that mass grave for a sick photo op! Little too soon I think.

Roberts

Ukraine would be so insanely tasteless that I could almost respect the brazenness of going for it. Ramp off that mass grave for a sick photo op! Little too soon I think.

My brain is wired differently so I didn’t even think of that. I was thinking more about it as a tribute to the country and its people (my grandfather comes from Odessa. It’s a beautiful place) and to show the country as it should have been instead of what it is now. But come to think of it - it’s probably even more tastless. Maybe a DLC to show support.

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Forza Horizon 5 was the first Forza i played and i loved it... but if this is where 6 would go i'd get it in a heartbeat
also- abandon old gen, by 2024 most xbox users should be on the new consoles, and older users can always stream the games

Umbasaborne

Banned
I wish they would let the series rest for abit, 5 is wonderful, but the formula is already starting to feel kinda stale after 5 games. I want them to do what motorsport is doing, take 5 years off, then come back with something truly fresh

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
although, i feel that if we were to add all the extra new vehicles, the game would have to be delayed.... Forza's car models, even if they aren't as good looking as GTs, still take a long time to make and you can see that in how good they look. imagine that workload multiplied by 6 for all the other new vehicles

Kssio_Aug

That was obvious. But I really, really hope they take some different routes now... I wish they'd drop for a while the open-air festival vibe, and also would like some sort of campaign in which the difficulty of races would increase little by little till the end. I don't think any of this is gonna happen though.

Nice points.

That was obvious. But I really, really hope they take some different routes now... I wish they'd drop for a while the open-air festival vibe, and also would like some sort of campaign in which the difficulty of races would increase little by little till the end. I don't think any of this is gonna happen though.
Absolutely, the formula needs a shake up at this point.

Hezekiah

Banned
New to the series, but I hope they bring something new to the table, and some more semblance of structure to it.

I know people like Horizon for the freedom, but it would be better of there was the opportunity to follow more of a defined structure, otherwise it can get boring quite quickly.

sCHOCOLATE

Japan here we come!
Japanese Kiss GIF
AK-Behave yourself!

sCHOCOLATE

Disabling NPC traffic should have been a toggle feature after FH1. Sometimes, you just want to cruise undisturbed.

I hope this one is a bit more polished on release. The online in FH5 was straight up broken at launch, it's only acceptable now but still not near 100%. Lots of small bugs everywhere too and a complete lack of support for PC players with no DLSS support, no in-game RT at all, and performance options that stop well short of the hardware capabilities at launch.

A lot of complaints in the thread about "getting tired" and although I'm still playing FH5 it does need a fresh approach.

FH1 had you play the part of some dork in a Corrado climbing heats and facing off against high skill drivers in one on one races. The progression system was the best in the series.

In FH2 you were that same person, only you were the champ now and got to help shape the festival by choosing your progression by deciding what direction the events took

In FH3 you were the same person once more but now you were the festival owner. You went around setting up the festival outposts and expanding it around Australia.

In FH4 you're a new character (superstar) and the formula for the entire thing changed to basically "do anything anytime". In the process the progression of the game was almost abandoned.

In FH5 you're that same "superstar", now a voiced protagonist (terrible idea btw) and in an attempt to mimic FH3 you're going around Mexico unlocking festival locations. Unfortunately the main character fucking sucks and all the supporting cast are retarded assholes who never shut the fuck up.

They need to soft reboot this series. I love the maps, I love the gameplay, I love the ability to customize so much but the progression needs to come back. The problem is any time you put a hurdle in front of a group of people now, only half of them jump it while the other half crumpled in a heap and starts crying because they would rather not put effort into anything.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

I hope they don’t change anything from FH5 current endgame (after the Festival story), just give us a Japan (I would also accept Thailand) map with different seasons and I’ll be happy. Festival could use some improvements but it’s like the campaign in CoD basically, over after a couple hours.

But I doubt they would make drastic changes anyway considering the franchise’s behemoth status at this point. Maybe improving event labs even further to allow for real Trackmania-style creations would be nice.

Jaybe

Do they have a ‘chill’ mode in these games? I know you can turn off music and the voice interruptions. Can you also get rid of the constant scoring, HUD, and other cars? Remove map icons? I’ve tried FH3, 4, and 5 and I’m sure all the stuff they constantly throw at you appeals to a lot of players but to me it distracts.

ShaikhCroft

Forza and Forza Horizon both should keep a 3 years cycle. In that case Forza Horizon 6 for 2024 and Forza Motorsport 9 for 2025!

lefty1117

Gold Member
I'd like to see them take a stab at a more NFS Underground type of approach with the next one ... replace the festival with some sort of underground police evading thing. I think they could do a stellar job with that. Set it in Japan.

Forza Horizon is at the literal height of its powers..they aren't going to "change things up" unless they take a nosedive, critically. At least not drastically.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Take all the need for speed stuff out of that list and maybe we can talk.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Ffs even forza horizon start to catching up to gran turismo numbers now a franchise from the 90s

Imo xbox need to stop making forza for awhile and focus on that fable game that one is more exciting right now

Last edited:

lem0n

Man it must be nice to be PG. Create a huge map, pepper said map with races and events Ubisoft-style, then just copy and paste your car list from the previous game, post-Car Pass, into the new one with maybe 15 all new models, and there you go! A new Forza Horizon!

I've grown SO tired of the formula. I need a new physics engine. I want my tires to grip. A new lighting engine like GT7's. A proper, NEW car list, not just rehashes. Fix the shitty models that are still being used from 20 years go... I don't want a R32 Skyline model from Forza Motorsport 1. Or the 350Z from Forza Motorsport 2. How about some more modifications? New wheels? More bodykits? Or maybe the ability to spec a car before you buy it, like TDU or Crew 2. Or an actual garage you can walk around in like PGR2 or GTA V. Maybe a new damage model? BeamNG has spoiled me there.

Last edited:
Man it must be nice to be PG. Create a huge map, pepper said map with races and events Ubisoft-style, then just copy and paste your car list from the previous game, post-Car Pass, into the new one with maybe 15 all new models, and there you go! A new Forza Horizon!

I've grown SO tired of the formula. I need a new physics engine. I want my tires to grip. A new lighting engine like GT7's. A proper, NEW car list, not just rehashes. Fix the shitty models that are still being used from 20 years go... I don't want a R32 Skyline model from Forza Motorsport 1. Or the 350Z from Forza Motorsport 2. How about some more modifications? New wheels? More bodykits? Or maybe the ability to spec a car before you buy it, like TDU or Crew 2. Or an actual garage you can walk around in like PGR2 or GTA V. Maybe a new damage model? BeamNG has spoiled me there.
It feels like copy/paste now after 5. Someone else before said the peak was FH3 and I agree.

I expect more of the same from FH6.

Top Bottom