• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"FREE to a good home" thread |20XX Edition| No begging, requests, or taking advantage

Flandy

QSpoHja.jpg
lolwut

Nairume

Banned
Does this mean Zedmas is going to be Holiday Themed?

Or are we guessing the game? Because I guess that means it's Dead Island?

Welcome to Zedmas 2013!

Since my cat Zed is saving up for a speedboat, this edition of Zedmas will be short and sweet. In honor of the two exciting console launches this month, the following two items are to be given away:

• 12-month subscription to PS+ (valid for US accounts only)
  • 12-month subscription to Xbox Live (valid for US accounts only)
Each is in the form of a subscription code that I will PM to the winner.

Rules

• Make a post in this thread with the first line "[Zedmas Xbox]" or "[Zedmas PS]", with the "Xbox" or "PS" referring to the code you would like.
  • Only one entry per person per code (so up to 1 entry for Xbox Live + 1 entry for PS+)
  • There is obviously too much system warz nonsense going on in GAF, so let's attempt to remedy it. In your post, you must express something positive about the OTHER COMPANY'S game-related work. E.g., for the Xbox Live code, a positive thought about Sony (PS4-related, game-related, previous console-related, whatever) is required. This can be in the form of words, images, etc.
  • Entries will be judged by Zed on sincerity, creativity, effort, and congeniality. Any backhanded compliments ("Sony used to be fun") or anything with a hint of warz nonsense (e.g., "Sony's great because they DON'T f consumers") will not be looked upon kindly.
  • Entries are allowed for up to 30 minutes after this post.

Good luck!

[Zedmas PS]

I'm actually really liking how Microsoft is trying to make arcade games equal to retail games by actually having the same gamerscore for both and not calling them arcade this time around. They're treating all the games the same and I'm happy for it.

Hex

Banned
[Zedmas PS]

I think without Xbox Live, we would still be in the dark ages of online networks and online console gaming.
The reality is that they paved the way for where we are today, and no matter what improvements may come, their work and their experience coming from Windows is what got us to where we are and nobody , no matter what system you are a fan of can or should deny that we all owe them that.
I think it is only from the healthy competition between Sony and Microsoft that it will continue to grow and get even better, and in that way we are are all in it.

Flandy

Welcome to Zedmas 2013!

Since my cat Zed is saving up for a speedboat, this edition of Zedmas will be short and sweet. In honor of the two exciting console launches this month, the following two items are to be given away:

• 12-month subscription to PS+ (valid for US accounts only)
  • 12-month subscription to Xbox Live (valid for US accounts only)
Each is in the form of a subscription code that I will PM to the winner.

Rules

• Make a post in this thread with the first line "[Zedmas Xbox]" or "[Zedmas PS]", with the "Xbox" or "PS" referring to the code you would like.
  • Only one entry per person per code (so up to 1 entry for Xbox Live + 1 entry for PS+)
  • There is obviously too much system warz nonsense going on in GAF, so let's attempt to remedy it. In your post, you must express something positive about the OTHER COMPANY'S game-related work. E.g., for the Xbox Live code, a positive thought about Sony (PS4-related, game-related, previous console-related, whatever) is required. This can be in the form of words, images, etc.
  • Entries will be judged by Zed on sincerity, creativity, effort, and congeniality. Any backhanded compliments ("Sony used to be fun") or anything with a hint of warz nonsense (e.g., "Sony's great because they DON'T f consumers") will not be looked upon kindly.
  • Entries are allowed for up to 30 minutes after this post.

Good luck!

[Zedmas PS]

As a fan of story heavy games when I first saw Quantum Break live at Microsofts e3 conference this year I was amazed by how awesome it was. Not only did that trailer have a really good art style but the premise just looked really unique. I haven't seen any of the other trailers for it (if they even have released more) since I'm currently not planning on getting an Xbox One and I don't currently want to torture myself with a game I won't be able to play. If I ever do get the chance to play it I hope I can walk into it mostly blind

Watevaman

[Zedmas PS]

I'm in love with the integration of MS's Xbox division into other areas, such as WP and W8. It's great to have inter-connectivity between devices and platforms and it makes it very easy to go from one device to another without worrying about carrying all this or that over.

Goli

[Zedmas PS]

I like how Microsoft seems to be pushing game-related content outside of the actual game-space, like their "TV shows" for some of their upcoming games and such, since I don't think any company has ever done something like that before and thus it should bring interesting developments to gaming, allowing it to focus more on gameplay experiences. What would have happened if FFXIII had less of a focus on storyline in it and something like an additional TV show for it would have existed? Things would probably be very different now, for example.

[Zedmas PS]

Microsoft's Xbox 360 was a console that I was completely skeptical about when it first came out, due to me not knowing anything about their franchises. (IE Halo, Fable, ect.) I didn't have an original Xbox so I was completely new to MS and their properties when I jumped onto the 360 boat a year or so after release. I immensely enjoyed my time with my 360, there were quite a few games I would have never played had it not been for MS's 2nd console and it's amazing controller.

The controller for the original Xbox was one of te reasons I never tried to get one, but all that changed when I got my hand on the 360's.

Even though the PS4 is the only console I plan on getting this next generation, I will never forget the fond memories I made with my Xbox 360.

Vaco6121

[Zedmas PS]

I like how MS is going to continue with the games for gold promotion on the Xbox One. Getting more value out of gold is always a plus. Hopefully, they will surpass PS+ and make Sony go harder with PS+.

[Zedmas Xbox]

Having Sony in this current position, better hardware, improved online services, cool apps, integrating PSCamera to counter Kinect, will make MS to put more effort in XB1. I love the way Sony redefined Dualshock 4, it's something I was waiting for a long time and, thank god, they finally did it in the good way.

As always, competition is good for everyone:

images

Meowtor

Gold Member
[Zedmas PS]

Microsoft's XBL has come a long way and still will be cherished in my memory for ease of talking to friends and setting up parties while playing games. I also miss the old 360 menu. The first time i booted up my system and saw that, i really felt excited about the 'new generation' of gaming i was going to experience for years to come.

Sanjuro

[Zedmas PS]

I could absolutely use the year of PS+. Been having a rough year personally and financially, so all I have is pity!

I can't gloat about either Xbox or Playstation, because I enjoy them both and been there since the beginning days of both. Just found a couple trinkets lying around of both brands. Mostly been on the 360 online for the last generation, hence why a PS+ account can help me out a great deal.

3flOfWj.png

neoxdonut

I like that Sony is bringing lots of awesome Free to play games to they're new console also that PS4 Interface looks really nice. I can't wait to see what new IP's will also be coming to the PS4 this generation.

[Zedmas PS+]

If there's one thing I always been jealous about regarding XBL, it would be some of the features of XBL like party chat, reputation, and a quicker UI during games. I would watch some of the displays during streams for games I like that happen to be multi-platform, and it always makes me wonder if I'd still be a Sony fan had I instead chosen a 360 a few years back. It's especially important because some of the games I like actually perform better on the 360.

All in all, I hope everyone who gets an xbone is pleased with their purchase and that nothing bad happens regarding red rings or anything. The last thing any of us needs is more ammunition for arguments.

Microsoft looks like they're giving a lot of love to Killer Instinct and hopefully it means that they'll revive other classics like Perfect Dark and Banjo for some cool Xbox One downloadable titles.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
[Zedmas PS]

I love how MS pushed indie games at the beggining of last generation. Braid, Fez and Castle Crashers are some of my favorite games of this gen, and we probably wouldn't have them without MS. There are also a few Xbox One exclusives that look interesting, like Killer Instinct and Crimson Dragon. If the "Platinum game on Xbone" rumor is true, I think I'll have to get the Xbox this gen too...!

The 360 controller is also my favorite controller. Can't wait to see if the Xbone One is a worthy successor.

[Zedmas Xbox]

Honestly, the decision has been ridiculously hard to make and feel like there are tons of positives for each system/company.

Sony specifically? I've loved their attitude about making a system that's about the games first. They seem to really be listening to what gamers want. I honestly think their exclusives will be better due to the top notch talent at Naughty Dog (the one I'm thinking of right now) and Little Big Planet was just a bundle of happiness whenever I turned it on. Finally, the touch pad is a really interesting add-on to me that I was happy to see to added to a controller.

rtcn63

[Zedmas PS]

Xbox- Implementation of motion controls, as well as sticking to them towards next-gen. PS has showed some interest with regards to PS move/etc. but obviously it's not their focus, I think. I own a PS Move set, using it to play KZ and Resistance was fun, interactive. Gave me that old-school arcade feel. Sony just seemed to stop giving a damn after so many days, sadly. MS has the new Kinect, and even if most of the games won't be my forte, I'd expect a few to be comparable with my current KZ/R3 experience, if not surpass it.

[Zedmas PS]

I can admit Microsoft is setting up the Xbox One to be a true multimedia system. They appeal to a more overall consumer. As far as I know they are the kings of multiplayer I believe in part due to Call of Duty, we will see how it goes in next-gen since I believe both will feature dedicated servers for some multiplayer games. I will eventually buy a Xbox One for the next Fable game though. :p

Frolow

Banned
[Zedmas Xbox]

I love Sony's integration of the Vita with the PS3 and PS4. Having access to my PS4 library from any place with Wi-Fi sounds fantastic. In addition, Cross-Buy and Cross-Save are great features that I would love to see implemented in more games. Being able to continue my game of Dragon's Crown, hundreds of miles away from home, was a personal highlight for me.

shakey

Neo Member
[Zedmas PS]

MS's Xboxone voice functionality is really great. Can't be rivaled at the moment and how it functions with the UI is brilliant. I really wish this feature was something that the PS4 could do as well. That, and play Killer Instinct. It's just one of the fighter games I've always had a hard on for. If Sony and MS could/would work/merge together, and us consumers actually somehow benefit from a monopoly, us gamers could have one hell of a gaming machine. I just don't trust monopolies :p

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
[Zedmas PS]

I think MS has the next big fitness craze locked up with Xbox Fitness. Especially since they are providing some of the most highly regarded workout regimens that are on video. I cannot wait to see what they do with the service.

vulva

[Zedmas PS]

While I'm more interested in the PS4 for now, I have to be honest and admit there's more I'd playing on XB1. I've been wanting to play Crimson Dragon for years now, and I know that game alone will push me to get an XB1. Otherwise, as much as I wasn't a fan of Killer Instinct at EVO, I am still aching for a new fighting game and know I'll play it a fair bit at the weekly casuals I go to. It's a long ways down the line until I will get one due to school and living on my own, but one day I'm sure I'll buy one and enjoy Crimson Dragon 4 years too late.

[Zedmas Xbox]

I really like like the approach Sony does to their customers like yesterday when Yoshida was streaming from a PS4, that was awesome and such an unprecedented action.
I should mention how they're approach the indie community. They're a lot of amazing indie titles on the PS3 and they will be more to come in the near future. :)

Firehead

[Zedmas PS]
Gonna try my best to type something good out here; in a hell of a lot of pain from a stent that was put in and ran out of pain killers.
Microsoft's been doing their best to appease everyone and I really gotta hand it to 'em for doing that. They do honestly listen to their consumers, regardless of what people may think of them. They're doing one hell of a job to appease everyone, yet they still get flack from people with the whole "lol 180" bullshit. Really gotta hand it to them for rolling with the punches and keeping themselves up.

On a different subject from the Xbox One; the 360's XBLA was effectively Steam's indie lineup before Steam started... steam rolling. Wasted so many hours playing XBLA games, like Gripshift and Marble Blast Ultra. I'm hoping they keep up their XBLA library with the Xbox One.

Fracas

#fuckonami
[Zedmas PS]

I've had my 360 for 6 years. What kept me in (and what draws me to the Xbox One) are its social features. There's no questioning how incredible Xbox Live is. It's so easy to just hop online and get a party going in minutes. I made a lot of friends through game chat that I still play with today.

[Zedmas PS]

Writing about positive aspects concerning Microsoft's launch of the Xbox One is much easier than most have thought it out to be. The XB1 has a lot going for to it.
The return of Killer Instincts (my personal favorite fighter as a child), Dead Rising 3 (that Megaman trailer rocked my socks), Kinect 2 (looking more and more promising as details are revealed), free games coming each month to Xbox Live, etc etc.
I could go on and on but I'd probably run out of time.
Let's look at the big picture here.
MICROSOFT LISTENED TO THEIR FANS. Not every big company would do a complete 180 and bring back something that they formerly had dismissed. It takes a lot to gear up for the backlash and questioning as to why they would bring back used games capabilities and no DRM. But they did it.
I respect them greatly for this.
And I wish them the best. The Xbox 360 was my go-to console of this generation and i hope to purchase an XboxOne when I can afford another console.

First of all, great responses everyone. Most people wanted the PS subscription so there was an unusually heavy outpouring of praise for Microsoft--I hope this doesn't throw the GAF servers out of whack :p Here are the winners:

12 month PS+ Subscription Winner: Sanjuro
This was a tough one because of the strong responses, but the picture of the old Xbox Live beta disc won me over. I'll PM you with the code.

12 month Xbox Live Subscription Winner: intheinbetween
Again, not easy. But a solid all-around argument. And that cartoon always cracks me up. I'll PM you with the code.

Thanks for participating, everybody! And Zed may return...

Sanjuro

Awesome. Thanks a bunch.

I used to give out XBOX Live codes (points / years) often when I managed a game store a while back now. Cool to see people keeping it up.

Treb

I have this old Mario Tennis Wii club nintendo code lying around and I have no idea if it's been redeemed yet or not. I'll leave it in that email tag below:

Mario Tennis code

Top Bottom