• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fresh Jurassic Park: Survival First Images and Details

Draugoth

Gold Member
Via iGN:

"The island is full of different types of terrain, many of them quite challenging. The player will need to use caution and planning in some cases, checking routes in advance. There will also be times when the player will need to move very carefully through an environment to avoid the attention of certain predators. Maya, the main character, is neither superhuman nor an action hero. There are real risks for her around every corner and the player will need to use a mixture of intelligence, grit and patience to survive the island’s many challenges."

RUkz07s.png

uSSAmPA.png

4s1rYY6.png

AWN9MhM.png

Last edited:

Vick

Can't wait damn. My most anticipated game ever.

That Rex screenshot is perfect and everything in the article sound promising, love the emphasis on the island itself. Hope they can deliver even only half of what Alien: Isolation was.

They need to change those In-Game Jurassic World raptor models though, they look updated since Reveal but still not enough, those teeth are completely incorrect. Crazy how Horizon: Burning Shores had more accurate JP Raptors models.

Here another Concept Art:

mY8ouyL.jpg

Last edited:

Imtjnotu

If all but one raptor died in the movie how tf is there three here. Is this before or after Allen or gets off the island.

I swore the game was the day after

Vick

I swore the game was the day after
It was.

Not sure how they're gonna make sense of three Raptors. They teased the refrigerator room door opening in the first Trailer, but that only excuses one.

Maybe it's set both before/during and after the movie?

nordique

This game is a bit of a “pinch me” moment for those of us who grew up with the 90s Jurassic park films and had the toys etc

Loved the film. First movie in theatres I saw

This game looks epic I hope it doesn’t disappoint

Vick

If all but one raptor died in the movie how tf is there three here. Is this before or after Allen or gets off the island.
Apparently the other two Raptors are the wild ones who laid those eggs Grant found in the nest under the tree, or at least that's what that Chris Pugh guy said.

But this doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
There were no other Raptors as there's no way in hell security missed two Raptors disappearing, they only made 8 and all but 2 were killed by the Big One. Even pretending two managed to escape somehow from her to avoid being killed, park workers would have questioned the missing bodies and put the entire park in high alert immediately.

The best explanation for those eggs (which were considered result of Gallimimus offspring in an old JP trading card), is that they were laid before those 8 Raptors were moved to the new enclosure, maybe they managed to escape once, laid eggs, and were later captured.

So the only explanation for these other two Raptors that would make sense, sort of, if that they were the wild ones responsibile for the now months old footprints Grant found, grown up. Assuming however they somehow roamed the park for months/years with nobody noticing them.

Last edited:

Imtjnotu

Apparently the other two Raptors are the wild ones who laid those eggs Grant found in the nest under the tree, or at least that's what that Chris Pugh guy said.

But this doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
There were no other Raptors as there's no way in hell security missed two Raptors disappearing, they only made 8 and all but 2 were killed by the Big One. Even pretending two managed to escape somehow from her to avoid being killed, park workers would have questioned the missing bodies and put the entire park in high alert immediately.

The best explanation for those eggs (which were considered result of Gallimimus offspring in an old JP trading card), is that they were laid before those 8 Raptors were moved to the new enclosure, maybe they managed to escape once, laid eggs, and were later captured.

So the only explanation for these other two Raptors that would make sense, sort of, if that they were the wild ones responsibile for the footprints Grant found, grown up and somehow roamed the park for months/years with nobody noticing them.
The only other theory I can think of is the same way the raptors escaped from Isla sorna and terrorized Venezuela like in the books.

But nublar was out of raptors besides the fridge one. Idk I guess we will see.

Quantum253

It was.

Not sure how they're gonna make sense of three Raptors. They teased the refrigerator room door opening in the first Trailer, but that only excuses one.

Maybe it's set both before/during and after the movie?
In the movie, when Grant, Sattler, etc. are doing the tour. They come across the raptor eggs hatching so they have to have more than what are caged in the raptor area. I think they also mention that when they brought the new leader into the pen, she killed all the other raptors except 2. I would think they would have kept all the other raptors being hatched/growing in a separate area to prevent the alpha from killing everyone. Of course, it's all speculation, but it's how you can have adults 1 day after Or make that quick statement that fits the narrative

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
if i can relieve those Jurassic Park arcade games with a lighgun. Im down. Those games were fun with the t rex chasing you.

probably spent all my dads money playing that with a friend.

Vick

Look at the fucking jawline on that T Rex.
Yep.

That model looks perfect now, so far. They nailed the front view, resembles the animatronic but retained the super mean and menacing look of the CG version. Spot on.

82gld6y.png

I would think they would have kept all the other raptors being hatched/growing in a separate area to prevent the alpha from killing everyone. Of course, it's all speculation, but it's how you can have adults 1 day after Or make that quick statement that fits the narrative
That's a good alternative actually, nice job!
Although it still requires some pretending, as the movie heavily implies, multiple times, the only Raptors currently in the park are those three.

if i can relieve those Jurassic Park arcade games with a lighgun. Im down. Those games were fun with the t rex chasing you.

probably spent all my dads money playing that with a friend.
Yeah those games were great. TLW it's my favorite arcade ever, SEGA was on fire.

Last edited:

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
Yep.

That model looks perfect now, so far. They nailed the front view, resembles the animatronic but retained the super mean and menacing look of the CG version. Spot on.

82gld6y.png

Yeah those games were great. TLW it's my favorite arcade ever, SEGA was on fire.
i never could beat them. i wish they released a light gun for ps5 . Sega needs to bring these games back for modern consoles. The House of the Dead was fun too.

Vick

i never could beat them. i wish they released a light gun for ps5 . Sega needs to bring these games back for modern consoles. The House of the Dead was fun too.
Here's how the game runs on Supermodel Sega Model 3 emulator:

Pretty flawless.

Sure, a real light gun console version would be an absolute dream. Would play that shit all day long.

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
Here's how the game runs on Supermodel Sega Model 3 emulator:

Pretty flawless.

Sure, a real light gun console version would be an absolute dream. Would play that shit all day long.

Going to play it on an emulator then. Hopefully my laptop can run it. thanks for that! Going to relive some memories.

Trespasser 2? Hmmm...
The immersive first person view does seem to suggest that. It's Saber Interactive who did all those snow and mud runner games, hope they bring some of that tech into this.
Yep.

82gld6y.png

Although it still requires some pretending, as the movie heavily implies, multiple times, the only Raptors currently in the park are those three.

To this day the switch between the CG and the animatronic T-rex is still seamless. I didn't even realize there was such a big difference between them. Crazy good CGI, carefully used in limited quantity, we need to go back to that.

Also played a new version of the Jurassic Park arcade with my wife recently, nowhere near as iconic as the 90s ones but still pretty bombastic and still inside a fake jeep cabinet:

Ivan

I don't know why, but dinosaurs (Jurassic Park) are somehow tied with high tech and gaming in my brain, everything is just soo cool when that combination works...

Roni

Gold Member
One of the few titles I'm actually excited for, hopefully we get a hit with this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom