• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

From Software Working on a Sci Fi Exclusive for Xbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

watdaeff4

It’s a rumor

When there is a reveal that clearly stated “console exclusive” and not they vague garbage that they do when it’s a timed exclusive……Iike “world console exclusive release in an odd number year” or whatnot - then I’ll believe it.

EDIT:
Well seems the person above proved its a bogus rumor

Last edited:

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Animated GIF

Louay

Another "insert very high number"th proof on why Hermen and Jimbo need to get fired from Playstation.

Great news for sure for Xbox if true.
It's false but why they need to be fired because FS decided to work with MS ? they don't own FS. even MS Had exclusive games with FS in past.

unless your post running joke on people with foolish thinking.

Venom Snake

Is it in the same locker box as Scalebound? Hope Phil doesn't forget the code this time..

Last edited:

SSfox

It's false but why they need to be fired because FS decided to work with MS ? they don't own FS. even MS Had exclusive games with FS in past.

unless your post running joke on people with foolish thinking.

If you choose to work with Jade Raymond and Bungie instead of Kojima or Miyazaki, then to me you don't belong in playstation brand.

If Xbox are making deal with FS i "of course" have no problem with that (as long as it won't be cancel like Scalebound), heck i would even safely say that Microsoft is becoming way smarter than Sony.

anthony2690

Gold Member
Oh man, twitter fan boy posters is a rabbit hole, I wish I didn't just briefly browse just then, these people are crazy. (From both sides)

I am genuinely so confused from looking at some of the twitter pages, I really hope these are not grown men.

Perrott

Gold Member

This is false and has been debunked by Nick (from XboxEra) a year ago.

Last year's summer, he also went on to claim that the other game besides Elden Ring and Armored Core that From Software was working on next was a PS5 exclusive new IP.

Also, why is this baseless rumor from last year being necrobumped right now? Clearly this is a case of some fanboy Twitter accounts trying to push for a certain narrative following Elden Ring's critical acclaim.

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
Another "insert very high number"th proof on why Hermen and Jimbo need to get fired from Playstation.

Great news for sure for Xbox if true.
Another case of an uninformed internet forum poster who doesn't know what they're talking about in regards to the future of PlayStation. Probably your 200.000th time by now.

C'mon, take a break from internet, guys & girls. You are just like my wife watching E! Channel, gossiping about movie stars rather than watch the movie itself.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
This is false and has been debunked by Nick (from XboxEra) a year ago.

Last year's summer, he also went on to claim that the other game besides Elden Ring and Armored Core that From Software was working on next was a PS5 exclusive new IP.

Also, why is this baseless rumor from last year being necrobumped right now? Clearly this is a case of some fanboy Twitter accounts trying to push for a certain narrative following Elden Ring's critical acclaim.

Louay

If you choose to work with Jade Raymond and Bungie instead of Kojima or Miyazaki, then to me you don't belong in playstation brand.

If Xbox are making deal with FS i "of course" have no problem with that (as long as it won't be cancel like Scalebound), heck i would even safely say that Microsoft is becoming way smarter than Sony.
they are making these deals because there a hole in their lineup needs to be filled, like it or not the rise of GAAS Model in last gen is not something to ignore.

even MS Have GAAS Games from their Publishing division Contraband..etc, Kojima game is meant to cloud gaming and Sony is not into cloud gaming.

also Kojima/FS can still work with Sony. i expect another exclusive from FS for Sony this gen

Lunarorbit

Ah...... Hate to break it to you but Kojima's last game is running on decima, the same engine that runs horizon. You know why? Cause Sony published and funded Kojima and he is boys with Herman hulst who used to run guerrilla studios (hence decima) and is now in charge of the 1st party.

Miyazakis latest game is multiplat and from soft is independent. But he probably had nothing to do with the demon souls port from blue point/s.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
yeah no body will know shit about publishers acquisition outside of higher up. any leaks to public will cause problem with stock market
Just like that fraud won't know shit about 3rd party deals.

brian0057

Banned
"New Tenchu? No, Ninja Souls.
New Armored Core? No, Future Souls.
Fuck you very much".

From Software... probably.

Three

Just like that fraud won't know shit about 3rd party deals.
The difference here is that the person that this rumour originated from a year ago came out and said "no I know nothing about such a game it was a throwaway remark on a video". Yet people are still running with it a year on.

Beechos

Playstation peoples head would explode if this were to happen. It would be the equivalent of a kojima xbox exclusive or silent hill xbox exclusive, maybe more so.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
FromSoftware's parent company is in a partnership with Sony to make use ot its IP.

If they are making an Xbox exclusive game, that's a great get for MS. However, I doubt the new partnership would start on the wrong foot by isolating their partner. I do hope FromSoftware games remain multiplatform regardless of the Sony Partnership.

ethomaz

Banned
FromSoftware's parent company is in a partnership with Sony to make use ot its IP.

If they are making an Xbox exclusive game, that's a great get for MS. However, I doubt the new partnership would start on the wrong foot by isolating their partner. I do hope FromSoftware games remain multiplatform regardless of the Sony Partnership.
From games will continue being multi.
Sony game will continue being (console) exclusives.

FMX

I know that a certain segment of the GAF would hate this but they are okay with Final Fantasy exclusives staying on one console but I call BS on this. The RPG lineup that we know about on Xbox/PC is a murderer's row--Fable, Avowed, Starfield (?), The Elder Scrolls, The Outer Worlds, Fallout, Fall Out: New Vegas 2 they don't need another RPG.

Louay

I know that a certain segment of the GAF would hate this but they are okay with Final Fantasy exclusives staying on one console but I call BS on this. The RPG lineup that we know about on Xbox/PC is a murderer's row--Fable, Avowed, Starfield (?), The Elder Scrolls, The Outer Worlds, Fallout, Fall Out: New Vegas 2 they don't need another RPG.
you forget Brian Fargo next Steampunk RPG. also Souls games are very different from these RPGS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom