• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fuckin' global warming

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I don't give a fuck if you believe it or not, but past few years has been absolutely terrible in here Czech Republic. I remember being like 29C max when I was half the age and now it's not a problem to have 40C, like today. I hate this shit, you cannot go anywhere, because after few seconds you are drenched in sweat and it's nice to have a pool by the house, but even that little piece of pond is still hot enough to not cool you down. Probably going to have to go with AC, even though I pretty much hate it due to dry air which it creates.

I lost ton of weight last year, but now it seems like now it's even worse for me. Or maybe I was sedated by Alcohol enough to not feel it... I don't know.

Mild weather my ass.

Fix this shit.

Discuss.

EDIT: 40C = 104 degrees Führenheit

Last edited:

M1chl

Haven't scientists said we're past the point of return since 2014?

Better start saving your money towards going into outer space instead. Earth was always screwed.

Not sure but it seems that 2010 was the hottest year since and past summer always sucked.

Kev Kev

florida sucks rn too. but we also have a hurricane about to hit us so 🤷‍♂️ be happy bc it could be worse??

sorry OP, maybe try taking your clothes off

M1chl

florida sucks rn too. but we also have a hurricane about to hit us so 🤷‍♂️ be happy bc it could be worse??

sorry OP, maybe try taking your clothes off
To reveal my manly scar from Liver transplant, not sure if that's a great idea. J/K I am walking around just with shorts, since it's unbearable inside. Outside I cannot just go like this, obviously. Maybe add insult to injury, I am living in city. Since a lot of buildings around, no light breeze or anything like that.

I live in Brazil and the difference between the 90s and now is astounding too.

Where I live there's basically no winter now. We used to have many days with temperatures of <10ºC during winter, now we're lucky if we get one or two. This week we had afternoons of 28-30ºC here.

M1chl

I live in Brazil and the difference between the 90s and now is astounding too.

Where I live there's basically no winter now. We used to have many days with temperatures of <10ºC during winter, now we're lucky if we get one or two. This week we had afternoons of 28-30ºC here.
And how is it during "summer" then?

Canadian and Scandinavian real estate looking at a boom in the next couple decades yes / no / maybe? OP, move to Sweden.
To live with woke retards? No thanks

Birdo

Banned
Not much difference here in the UK. Summer, especially heatwaves, have always sucked.

I'll always remember this one specific time in the 90's where it was so hot that I had to sleep naked on the floor.

And how is it during "summer" then?
Completely random. In 2018 we barely had heat, it rained for almost 3 months straight, very little sunlight. Then in 2019 it was very very hot.

Oh, in 2015/2016 we had the worst drought ever here, temps were ~40ºC for weeks and weeks. The whole state of São Paulo was in emergency for lack of water.

eot

Banned
Kinda agree, but this summer has been relatively cold compared to the past few ones. Just recently that it finally got hot

9E5VDFV.jpg

Fuck global warming, get an AC.

bitbydeath

Haven’t noticed any difference

I think it’s been cooler in Australia for many years now. I remember past summers where you just sweat in bed and can’t sleep at all. But that was over 10 years ago now.

Or maybe I’ve climatised.

Top Bottom