• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full Auto (X360) Screens

olimario

Banned
I didn't see these posted.
First one is pretty nice.

40621320050707_160735_1_big.jpg
40621320050707_160735_0_big.jpg

Ranger X

Cool. The graphics may not end up the best looking at first glance but this game looks to be about the environnements, TONS of breakeables here, if not everything is breakeable.

Oli, where did you get this avatar of yours? (it rules)

sangreal

any full res versions of these screens?

This game looks pretty fun. I've wanted it since they released the XNA demo of the car crash, hehe

TomO

I think these have been around since May.

I'm hoping they'll be a nice variety in tracks as this is looking like one of the most exciting launch games.

jarrod

Banned
sangreal said:
Which makes it not just like Twisted Metal..

Its like a cross between Twisted Metal and Burnout
So it's like WipEout with wheels... and hopefully responsive control. :p

Thank fuck this didn't become Ridge Racer 360.

Zaptruder

Banned
It's like that old Amiga game, Super Cars.

except Supercars was awesome, but this looks... well... it's no supercars that's for sure.

llTll

Banned
man, if all the games will look like this, then i am not buying xbox 360 for sometime.

whats up with graphics that just exactly like xbox 1 games or lil better?

This from Sega and DOA4 from Tecmo.

honestly what is this?

you can say whatever you want about this being next gen game. its NOT and it doesnt look like one either.

the only game that i consider FIRST gen next gen console is Gear of war. that is next a gen game and OK one.

i honestly expect way more from next gen console

HokieJoe

Graphically, I wasn't really impressed with the stuff I saw G4; but the effects and destructability of the environment looked very cool. The developer did say they were only running at about 30-40% of what they will have on final hardware- obviously.

sangreal

llTll said:
man, if all the games will look like this, then i am not buying xbox 360 for sometime.

honestly what is this?

you can say whatever you want about this being next gen game. its NOT and it doesnt look like one either.

the only game that i consider FIRST gen next gen console is Gear of war. that is next a gen game and OK one.

whatever

don't get a 360 and wait for your precious ps3 if you think its going to be so much better
who cares

Ranger X

llTll said:

honestly what is this?

It's because you have to consider not only the graphics but all the stuff the game is doing.
Full auto looks normal but if you look at the video, everything looks destructible, EVERYTHING. This may render this game in a game IMPOSSIBLE to produce on Xbox or PS2 with this graphic quality. Also, don't except Soul Caliber characters polygon count and texturing in the pedestrians of your GTA next gen.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
sangreal said:
whatever

don't get a 360 and wait for your precious ps3 if you think its going to be so much better
who cares

IAWTP, anyways, I think this is a sleeper hit, with gradual sales. I have this taken care of with a pre-order. Should we expect some beta pics at this conference as well. Either way, they will start soon enough, they gotta ramp up for November. Bach said we won't see the power till the betas are out. I'm pretty sure they have the assets they need set aside for the jump in power they are handed. We just have to wait for the results

llTll

Banned
sangreal said:
whatever

who cares

i wasnt referring to the PS3 either, if PS3 games will all look like I-8, then i better off buy xbox 360 loool

but no really. i honestly expect way more than this

but IF the ps3 was able to dilver the videos they showed us in E3 [ not likly ] or close to [ likly ] then i honestly think xbox 360 is in deep s***t

llTll

Banned
Wyzdom said:
It's because you have to consider not only the graphics but all the stuff the game is doing.
Full auto looks normal but if you look at the video, everything looks destructible, EVERYTHING. This may render this game in a game IMPOSSIBLE to produce on Xbox or PS2 with this graphic quality. Also, don't except Soul Caliber characters polygon count and texturing in the pedestrians of your GTA next gen.

from all the videos i have seen, Full auto isnt a game with GTA style type of gameplay. i have seen Marks where they force you for one specifc dirction, this mean the game isnt huge to need all the xbox 360 resources. i have seen Full Auto graphics in alot of games like Burnown3, midnight club 3 etc.

Ranger X

llTll said:
from all the videos i have seen, Full auto isnt a game with GTA style type of gameplay. i have seen Marks where they force you for one specifc dirction, this mean the game isnt huge to need all the xbox 360 resources. i have seen Full Auto graphics in alot of games like Burnown3, midnight club 3 etc.

I didn't meant it was like GTA at all. I just mentionned an example of a game that is having great graphics when most people think they aren't great.
Full Auto may be demanding and absolutely unthinkable on present console if everything is breakable. The game may look so so but you can't even begin to figure out what the hardware is going through if the whole freaking city can be destroyed and the amount of physics and AIs it can demand at certain times.

llTll

Banned
Wyzdom said:
I didn't meant it was like GTA at all. I just mentionned an example of a game that is having great graphics when most people think they aren't great.
Full Auto may be demanding and absolutely unthinkable on present console if everything is breakable. The game may look so so but you can't even begin to figure out what the hardware is going through if the whole freaking city can be destroyed and the amount of physics and AIs it can demand at certain times.

i dont know man. to each has his own i guess. but i think i remember playing some xbox or ps2 games [ i have both consoles ] that has fully breakable inviroment.

i just dont remember which game.

but even i was just dreaming and no game exist like that on ps2 or xbox, you have to consider that this is next gen console.

GTA on playstation 1 was horrible.
GTA on playstation 2 is amazing.

why we cant say that because GTA on playstation 2 has huge inviroments, the graphics are ugly [ which they are not compared to playstation 1 game ]

i am not blind. i can admit good graphics when i see it. PGR3, unreal 3 and so on.

there is this Xbox 360 game from Capcom who has millions of zombies on screen, that game has decent graphics even though there were million of things on screen. so that is good example of what you mean [ soso graphics, complex enviroment]

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
dark10x said:
Looked awful in video, but perhaps things will change as they finish it up...

did you see gameplay videos, or just the trailer? i thought it looks terrible myself after seeing the e3/mtv trailer, but seeing an dplaying the game convinced me the game is quite good looking.

borys said:
Now bring on next-gen Carmageddon SCI!

fuck yeah!

terrene

Banned
PhatSaqs said:
Ugly screens
Seriously, this forum is pretty cool and all, but I just don't understand the rampant graphic whore-ism. That 360 NBA 2006 shot with all the sweat on the player was freaking amazing and it got openly mocked on here. What the hell games are you guys playing that are so damn good looking?

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
terrene said:
Seriously, this forum is pretty cool and all, but I just don't understand the rampant graphic whore-ism. That 360 NBA 2006 shot with all the sweat on the player was freaking amazing and it got openly mocked on here. What the hell games are you guys playing that are so damn good looking?

Number of Sony supporters vs number of Microsoft supporters. They are noticably absent in the PGR3 threads, Gears of War threads, Ghost Recon 3 threads. It's an ongoing cycle.

Syb

llTll said:

Burnout 3 looks like shit at stand still, pritty much the same for Midnight Club.

Lil' Dice

Banned
terrene said:

It's simple. They're geeks full of angst.

I honestly don't know what some peopl expect from next gen games.

Link

The Autumn Wind
This game was tons of fun at E3. Personally, I thought it was one of the better looking 360 games, too, considering all that's going on at once. Solid framerate, too, which is the most important thing for this type of game.

Bebpo

Banned
Agent Icebeezy said:
Number of Sony supporters vs number of Microsoft supporters. They are noticably absent in the PGR3 threads, Gears of War threads, Ghost Recon 3 threads. It's an ongoing cycle.

Or maybe just that those games look good so people in general (regardless of their system preference) don't make negative comments in the threads. Bad screenshots, ugly art, etc...get made fun of no matter which system they are on; it's not really a system-wars kinda thing.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Link said:
This game was tons of fun at E3. Personally, I thought it was one of the better looking 360 games, too, considering all that's going on at once. Solid framerate, too, which is the most important thing for this type of game.

Agreed. I played it at E3 as well and it looking amazing. not much like taking a turn to early and instead of chashing into a barrier you drive through the fucking wall.

Pimpwerx

Sega and another ugly next-gen game. Setting the bar so low, it's gone underground. :?

The game didn't look even remotely fun in any of the E3 vids either, and there are a plethora of them. Just check Kiriku, and thank your eyes you didn't have to witness the horror in person. PEACE.

newsguy

Pimpwerx said:
Sega and another ugly next-gen game. Setting the bar so low, it's gone underground. :?

The game didn't look even remotely fun in any of the E3 vids either, and there are a plethora of them. Just check Kiriku, and thank your eyes you didn't have to witness the horror in person. PEACE.

By "another" are you still referring to the Top Spin thread? Cause that's Take 2.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Pimpwerx said:
Someone just got in from the crack swap meet....

1107891673.jpg

This pic alone will make me not but this game.

BloomyBloomyBloomyBloomyBloomyBloomyBloomyBloomyBloomy...........</puke>

FightyF

Banned
krypt0nian said:
1107891673.jpg

Dude, it's obviously a filter. And if you haven't played the first, know now that you can apply filters to the game to get cool effects. Like the overbloom you see. They are almost like photoshop effects, like emboss, paint daubs, cartoon, etc.

Wreckless 2 should have been made a 360 game. Seriously, the guy responsible for the graphics is the best in the World IMO. Better than Carmack, on crack!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
krypt0nian said:
1107891673.jpg

thats actually just a filter. and if its anything like teh first, that filter looks seriously almost real.

full auto kicks ass. i just hop there is enough "meat" to warrent a full price purchase...

Top Bottom