• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full Auto (X360) Screens

FightyF

Banned
krypt0nian said:
Uh yeah its a filter, thanks. Its still embarrassing overkill.

That's the point. The other filters overdo the colours, or the contrast, I really hope that there is a blue hue overkill (the Terminator), or green hue overkill (Matrix).

Or you can play the game with no filters as they are optional.

But hey, if you don't want to get the game because if features bonus content that you dislike...it's your [FUCKING RETARDED] call...

:)

Pimpwerx

newsguy said:
By "another" are you still referring to the Top Spin thread? Cause that's Take 2.
Are you telling me that Sega has only announced one ugly game for the next gen? Last I checked, there was Chrome Hounds, this ugly piece of trash, and that hideous PS3 game that tainted the highlight reel at the Sony presser. Top Spin isn't a Sega game, but god knows it should be. And did I mention that Sega sucks donkey dick? Because if I didn't let me reiterate? They are the galaxy-sized black hole of suck. PEACE.

Pimpwerx said:
Are you telling me that Sega has only announced one ugly game for the next gen? Last I checked, there was Chrome Hounds, this ugly piece of trash, and that hideous PS3 game that tainted the highlight reel at the Sony presser. Top Spin isn't a Sega game, but god knows it should be. And did I mention that Sega sucks donkey dick? Because if I didn't let me reiterate? They are the galaxy-sized black hole of suck. PEACE.

Duane, your such a winning team suck-up, it's almost inspring. :lol

WAR.

PG2G

Pimpwerx said:

Both this and Chrome Hounds are published by Sega, not developed. Perhaps we will see what the actual developement teams are up to only July 25th...

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
chrome hounds looks bad?

and the only "next-gen" sega games (developed by sega, not published) were in sega's e3 booth, and were arguable the most impressive real time stuff shown anywhere.

sangreal

the chrome hound (realtime?) trailer was awesome. Easily as good as the MS gundam PS3 trailer .

From what I could tell from the cam footage atleast

sangreal said:
the chrome hound (realtime?) trailer was awesome. Easily as good as the MS gundam PS3 trailer .

From what I could tell from the cam footage atleast

Chrome Hounds, while not as incredible as Gundam footage, looked excellent in person.

But then again, Chrome Hounds was actually realtime. :lol

Pimpwerx

op_ivy said:
chrome hounds looks bad?

and the only "next-gen" sega games (developed by sega, not published) were in sega's e3 booth, and were arguable the most impressive real time stuff shown anywhere.
I expect a lot from next-gen. Save for GoW, HS and a tiny few other titles, not much shown so far has looked next-gen to me. Current PCs are VERY powerful. Self-shadowing isn't cutting it. Normal-mapping isn't cutting it. We have that already. The lighting is the thing that bugs me the most. The 360 is capable of much better lighting than what we've seen thus far. It's disappointing to say the least. Chrome Hounds and this game have average lighting that you get in high-end PC games. I want there to be a noticeable difference between console and PC games at launch. And Chrome Hounds demonstrated some rather lackluster particle effects as well. Just overall looked like a glorified PC game.

Looks good for now? Sure. But I'm not judging the next-gen by what we have now. I'm judging it by the quality art and coding talents that are going to produce truly next-gen games next-gen. Sega ain't cutting it.

I know this game is only published by them, but they shouldn't put their name on such mediocre products. Their name has all the popularity of herpes right now. The crappy videos shown from the behind doors stuff didn't look particularly impressive either. But then, Sonic was a Genny character who simply won't scale well with advanced hardware. Eventually, Sega will have to drop him altogether and move to a character that can truly express the new graphics techniques capable on the newer hardware. VF looked like VF4 models, but I don't want to say that without at least direct-feed video. And Afterburner...I'm not gonna say anything since I already got my digs in the original E3 thread. These are IPs that are a decade old and the original game designs built for systems that had severe limitations.

In a way, I commend a company like Naughty Dog ditching their cash cow to create something new that could better utilize the hardware. J&D may not have been all that good, but the games at least looked the shit. Sega's going to the well at a time when they've already exhausted what little nostalgia/mindshare they had. It's time for a change. Then again, there's a reason they failed as a hw company and are only middling as a sw company. They aren't very good, and not very well run. The reality of this is sinking in as they get lost in the 3rd party melee. Yu Suzuki should take his talent and go to a company that doesn't suck. Then I can quit all false pretenses and just start hucking handfuls of feces at all things Sega. PEACE.

op_ivy

vf5 looked nuts. you'll have to take my word (and everyone elses) for it for now though.

as someone who isnt a pc gamer, i'm happy with these visuals, but i see your point. they arent leaps ahead of what is or soon will be available in the pc market. however, i also understand that not only were these games on alpha kits (at what, 30% of final power?), they were also early, and truly first gen stuff.

EDIT: i just downloaded a chrome hounds gameplay video... yeah, it definitely didnt look hot based on that. the in-engine cut scene stuff from sega's trailer was more impressive

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Pimpwerx said:
Sega and another ugly next-gen game. Setting the bar so low, it's gone underground. :?

The game didn't look even remotely fun in any of the E3 vids either, and there are a plethora of them. Just check Kiriku, and thank your eyes you didn't have to witness the horror in person. PEACE.
You really should have played this before saying its ugly. The amount of shit/mayhem going on made me really interested. And hell yes, this game was fun. Fuck, playing this on a networked game/lan is going to make enemies out of buddies and vice versa.

Pimpwerx

olubode said:
You really should have played this before saying its ugly. The amount of shit/mayhem going on made me really interested. And hell yes, this game was fun. Fuck, playing this on a networked game/lan is going to make enemies out of buddies and vice versa.

I was going by the extensive footage on G4. The game looked hideous. It may well be a ton of fun, as it could be Twisted Metal on a GTA-esque city scale. But the game looked ugly and uninspired on G4. The concept shots shown prior to E3 at least looked good. I'll withhold gameplay comments though until the game is played. One of my favorite games looks like complete ass by today's standards (X-Com). But I'd still pour in hours into that game. PEACE.

Fight for Freeform said:
That's the point. The other filters overdo the colours, or the contrast, I really hope that there is a blue hue overkill (the Terminator), or green hue overkill (Matrix).

Or you can play the game with no filters as they are optional.

But hey, if you don't want to get the game because if features bonus content that you dislike...it's your [FUCKING RETARDED] call...

:)

riiight...and if you want to support idiocy like this, feel free. Dollars for stupidity.

Lo-Volt

op_ivy said:
chrome hounds looks bad?

At the risk of going off-topic, I'm having difficulty finding the trailer for this game. Anyone got sources for this one?

sangreal

op_ivy said:
vf5 looked nuts. you'll have to take my word (and everyone elses) for it for now though.

as someone who isnt a pc gamer, i'm happy with these visuals, but i see your point. they arent leaps ahead of what is or soon will be available in the pc market. however, i also understand that not only were these games on alpha kits (at what, 30% of final power?), they were also early, and truly first gen stuff.

EDIT: i just downloaded a chrome hounds gameplay video... yeah, it definitely didnt look hot based on that. the in-engine cut scene stuff from sega's trailer was more impressive

link to chrome hounds gameplay video?

op_ivy

sangreal said:
That is an Xbox video from 2003...

:lol

whoops. i had no idea that was original an xbox game.... sorry for the confusion, chrome hounds on 360 looks great.

Top Bottom