• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

G/A/F Man steals boat and beaches it after a "couple of Four Lokos"

Kaladin

DAYTONA BEACH, FLORIDA (WESH/CNN)
- A crashed boat stuck in the sands of
Daytona Beach
ended up there after a man allegedly took it on a joyride after bingeing on a "couple of Four Lokos."

Jonathan Race, 20, was accused of burglary and grand theft after stealing a boat from
Daytona Marina and Boat Works
and crashing it on the beach. He left his pants, wallet and identification on the boat.

Police found Race at a
Port Orange
home. He told them the last thing he remembered was drinking Four Lokos at a 7-Eleven near the marina. The suspect also told authorities that he "blacked out" after the drinks, according to
WFTV

Link

Bonus no fucks given mug shot:
DDQQc9dUAAA5LfV.jpg

Sunster

four lokos are no joke. 1 can puts me on my ass. that's why the rest of the country banned them. also because they look like and are flavored like kid drinks.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Four lokos are so goddamn disgusting. I've had one in my life and my first reaction was "Teenagers drink this shit?!" Yuck.

Damaniel

Banned
Four Loko - that must be what's in Florida's water. That's the only thing that explains why the hell Florida is the way it is.

They still sell them in lots of places, but they removed all the Red Bull-esque stuff.

So you are just drinking some knockoff Jack Daniels Downhome Punch shit.

Dear Slim, I left my pants, my wallet and my identification on the boat
I sent two letters back in autumn, you must not've got 'em

DOWN

Banned
Guys they changed the recipe so the drink is still sold everywhere but took out the energy drink stuff. Now it's just an alcohol

Dishwalla

Banned
Four Lokos still exist, but all they are is energy drinks. The ones currently for sale contain no alcohol. So I guess I'm confused by this story?

edit: actually DOWN is right I have it backwards.

Davidion

Wait, are OG Lokos are still available in Florida?

My memory of Four Loko involves drinking all of a third of a can before going on a diatribe about how Chuck Schumer had a point on banning these, on repeat.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Four Lokos still exist, but all they are is energy drinks. The ones currently for sale contain no alcohol. So I guess I'm confused by this story?

They contain alcohol but no caffeine so they're just fruit punch with liquor.

I think they still sell them pretty much everywhere but they don't have the caffeine in them. At least that's how it is here in Colorado.

Ahhh, that makes sense. I was going to say mixing stimulants and a depressant like that was a stupid idea that never should have cleared the FDA, but if they've taken the stimulants out it's just shitty booze.

bman94

Wait, they didn't take Four Loko off shelves?

Florida gives no fucks.

How did he get Four Loco? I live in Florida and I never see it on sale anywhere.

South Florida? Shit is at my local corner store right now.

This is Daytona Beach.

Lmao. I lived in Daytona for college and Four Lokos were every freshman's first taste of alcohol. They sold them at corner stores and most places didn't give a fuck cause they know the older college students would go to the actual liquor stores. You could tell when freshman were drunk off of Four Lokos in the dorms.

Top Bottom