• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yFHUl_vQU8

KBSx3Cz.gif

AWGEDVD - basically its Asap Rocky and Lil Uzi freestyling over a bunch of Metro Boomin's beats with some random clips of ASAP MOB and guests spliced in.
the freestyle itself is dope and the new rocky song in there is fire too

Bacon

I remember digging carter 3 at the time but I don't think it's held up at all when I've tried to listen to it again over the last year or two.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Me:

This Corbin is kind of overrated, but it's cool for what it is; yet another chill nuElectronicR&B~Wave~WhateverThisGenreOfSoundcloudShitIs project that you can throw on in the back and doesn't really have any bad or even mediocre songs really, but not much stands out either. Categorically a background music album, and that's okay.

Also me:

If you lose interest, leave me to die
No it wouldn't be the first time, I won't mind
You call me pathetic, at least I tried
Couldn't keep these feelings tucked inside

ovowzWE.gif

Tokubetsu

Me:

This Corbin is kind of overrated, but it's cool for what it is; yet another chill nuElectronicR&B~Wave~WhateverThisGenreOfSoundcloudShitIs project that you can throw on in the back and doesn't really have any bad or even mediocre songs really, but not much stands out either. Categorically a background music album, and that's okay.

Also me:

If you lose interest, leave me to die
No it wouldn't be the first time, I won't mind
You call me pathetic, at least I tried
Couldn't keep these feelings tucked inside

ovowzWE.gif

aoty

Corbin doesn't do much for me either. I'm just not a fan of his voice/melodic choices.

Kodak kinda spitting some realness on parts of his tape, but he's a trash human hypocrite and his voice gets grating after a while so nah.

Uzi's album is trash

EarthGang EP is nice.

Ferg has some bangers and I love his energy, but there are so many filler verses/bars. Missed potential. I know he's cool with everyone but keep these people off the project next time.

Some nice production on the Brockhampton project, but the verses go in one ear and out the other. The album has no identity. It's a solid playlist filler, I guess.

Carter III is overrated, always been overrated.

Courage

Not even background music when you got Sampha with an extra chromosome wailing on every track. A bunch of wasted Shlohmo beats tbh.

Cheddahz

Banned
- corbin album is great
- fuck xxx, though we already knew that
- big fish theory, no mountains in manhattan, and may god bless your hustle still my favorite rap albums of the year

Vorheez

Corbin is breathtaking. Easily dethroning xxx as my go to sadboy album. It's like a musical version of me, if that makes sense. I dunno I'm kinda lost in it right now I'll come back with some clearer thoughts later

HiResDes

Not even background music when you got Sampha with an extra chromosome wailing on every track. A bunch of wasted Shlohmo beats tbh.

Stop with the comparisons to Sampha, if you're making the comparison to Sampha you're tone deaf and aren't getting the artists he's paying homage to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom