• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Best of E3 2017 Awards

phanphare

Banned
That doesn't make any sense either.

You voted for something you have absolutely no idea of, it could be anything, it could be another Metroid: Other M.

That said, it's your prerogative.

I said I did not vote for it because a logo ain't doing it for me personally

but cmon, this is one of the easiest things to make sense of. it's a new Metroid Prime game. people have been clamoring for a proper entry into that series for a long time now.

also Metroid: Other M should assist you in understanding this situation as that wasn't a Prime game and it wasn't well received meaning that it made fans clamor for a proper entry into the Prime series even more.

sure the game could be anything. we haven't seen any footage of it yet. however one thing is certain, it's the next Metroid Prime game.

If you send them to me I'll add them, I just don't have any more time to look for them myself nor add them today.

Oh ok great! I actually just sent you a PM in case you missed my post haha. Ok I'll try and scan through to find some to highlight. I was thinking maybe 2 for the top 5 and then 1 for 6-10. I'll shoot you message as soon as I've found some worth highlighting.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Hell yeah DBZ
x5JZ7yI.gif

JarlRaven

Surprised at Spiderman and Anthem making top 10 but otherwise that list is very on point. Love that there's so much praise for Wolfenstein and DBZ. Machinegames and ArcSystemWorks are some of the best in the biz right now.

They gave details that told us this wouldn't be Another M

Aah I didn't know that. My bad.

They've acknowledged some of the problems fans had with Other M

I guess I should have done my research.

I said I did not vote for it because a logo ain't doing it for me personally

but cmon, this is one of the easiest things to make sense of. it's a new Metroid Prime game. people have been clamoring for a proper entry into that series for a long time now.

also Metroid: Other M should assist you in understanding this situation as that wasn't a Prime game and it wasn't well received meaning that it made fans clamor for a proper entry into the Prime series even more.

sure the game could be anything. we haven't seen any footage of it yet. however one thing is certain, it's the next Metroid Prime game.

I get you. I hope it's as good as it fans expect it to be .

mas8705

The real surprise is Mario + Rabbids being that high

Xcom 2 was at 41 in 2015

I guess I shouldn't be that surprised, because Mario and Switch hype year, but still.

Overall, top 10 is great and very varied

KH3 was robbed.

Entirely possible. As I had pointed out earlier, XCOM 2 is dead last on this list (probably for being the last in the alphabet) and to see Mario and Rabbids rated so high feels like that bittersweet bit of irony that you can't but scratch your head on.

sense

that gap between mario and god of war

whew

expected though, the game looks absolutely bonkers in the best way possible

I mean, nintendo fans rallied behind the one big game which had an exceptional showing while sony fans were split on many games with gow and spiderman being the top two. This is to explain the gap and i am not saying mario doesn't deserve the win.

That doesn't make any sense either.

You voted for something you have absolutely no idea of, it could be anything, it could be another Metroid: Other M.

That said, it's your prerogative.

yeah, he forgot about the law where if he votes for a game and it's not good, he's put to death and his children neutered.

It's rough but it's the only system we have to make sure people act in good faith.

WonderzL

Banned
I mean, nintendo fans rallied behind the one big game which had an exceptional showing while sony fans were split on many games with gow and spiderman being the top two. This is to explain the gap and i am not saying mario doesn't deserve the win.

what.

top 15 has 5 exclusive nintendo games. that's a 1/3 of the list

Lmao

what.

top 15 has 5 exclusive nintendo games.

Check his post history, bud.

Oh man, this old chestnut.

I love the totally irrational thought process that births this nonsense. Especially when there's three Nintendo games in the top ten, and five in the top fifteen.

See above.

Oh man, this old chestnut.

I love the totally irrational thought process that births this nonsense. Especially when there's three Nintendo games in the top ten, and five in the top fifteen.

Fantastic top 10 ☺

Metroid Switch at number 13 makes absolutely no sense to me. How can so many people vote for what is essentially an image with a few letters.

It makes perfect sense. People love the Metroid Prime sub-series.

I mean, if Bloodborne 2 was announced via a logo, you can be damn sure tons of us would have voted for it.

sense

Lmao

Check his post history, bud.

See above.
Not sure what your point is with the post history comment but it is pretty obvious i prefer playstation and its games and i havent tried to hide it or anything. If you think my thought process behind my comment is wrong then argue that instead of your meaningless contribution.

It is actually a compliment that mario had such a strong showing that nothing else comes close.

If someone asked what is the best thing nintendo showed then mario odyssey would have been the no brainer choice. For a sony fan it can be gow, spiderman, uncharted, horizon, shadow of collossus etc.... no one title managed to stake a strong claim like mario. My comment has nothing to do with how many nintendo/sony exclusives on the list.....

jph139

lol at Metroid Prime being up there with just a logo. People are damn thirsty.

Would have liked to see A Way Out higher on that list - conceptually probably the most creative game other than maybe Mario + Rabbids - but beyond that it looks about right to me.

If someone asked what is the best thing nintendo showed then mario odyssey [1] would have been the no brainer choice. For a sony fan it can be gow, spiderman, uncharted, horizon, shadow of collossus etc.... [many] no one title managed to stake a strong claim like mario. My comment has nothing to do with how many nintendo/sony exclusives on the list.....

I dunno, kinda does.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Feels wrong to have games on there with nothing but a logo or a CG trailer showing... nothing.

Still, overall, that's a helluva list. And a damn fine Top 10.

Raw64life

7 of the top 10 were also 7 of my top 10.

And of course the correct game won best @ E3 by a landslide, as it should have. Was almost worth the 3+ hour wait to play it.

Only real complaint is that Ni no Kun II is way too low. It belongs in the top 10.

Feels wrong to have games on there with nothing but a logo or a CG trailer showing... nothing.

I mean, people voted how they wanted to vote, so I don't mind. If there was more from Metroid Prime 4 and Beyond Good and Evil 2 I might have picked those on my list, but not enough for me to vote for them.

It is a really great list altogether.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

Why? Its not just a logo, its a promise. A promise that the game is in development and will hopefully be released within 2 years.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Why? Its not just a logo, its a promise. A promise that the game is in development and will hopefully be released within 2 years.

A promise that a game exists says nothing about its quality, ambition, design... I mean Nintendo once teased Pikmin 3 as totally being a thing and "almost done", and people didn't even end up seeing it for the first time until 3 years later.

I mean I'm gonna take a real leap here, but Metroid Prime 4 is probably gonna play a lot like Metroid Prime 1-3. It'll probably be fine. But I'm basically only basing that off of the company that is making it (and let's be real, it's not like Nintendo is above making bad games with 'Metroid' on the box), and the last direct entry which was 10 years ago.

Let alone Beyond Good and Evil 2 which, I mean it's an entertaining trailer, but the actual discussion about that game doesn't sound anything like BG&E.

Laieon

Who would have thought Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle would have been in the top 10 a month ago?

Can't wait for it.

If you send them to me I'll add them, I just don't have any more time to look for them myself nor add them today.

PM sent. Included a few extras for certain games so you can choose which you think are the best to highlight. Thanks again for putting in all the work to create the thread for everyone!

phanphare

Banned

bahahahahaha

that was a joke, right? it had to be

Navid

Nice list, just goes to show how good this E3 was in terms of games!

Are we not counting the Crew 2 as a racing game..?

Not sure what your point is with the post history comment but it is pretty obvious i prefer playstation and its games and i havent tried to hide it or anything. If you think my thought process behind my comment is wrong then argue that instead of your meaningless contribution.

It is actually a compliment that mario had such a strong showing that nothing else comes close.

So there were a number of people who quoted your asinine comment, but you choose to respond to my "meaningless contribution?" I don't have to "argue" your thought process because your post history does it for me, hence me mentioning it to the other dude.

I dunno, kinda does.

Yep.

bahahahahaha

that was a joke, right? it had to be

Nope, he is serious. See his reply to me above lol

Nah. SMO just really was that fantastic. Just check and see how many people with games from multiple platforms listed SMO as their #1 game of the show. The trailer was just that good. It was joyful, surprising, intriguing and informative all at once. That is no easy task. Plus it showcased a new gameplay element that has neat limitless potential to impact the gameplay. Frankly it was really the star of the show for very valid reasons that I can't deny even if my inner fanboy freaked out more about DBZF.

Furthermore I really don't understand why some have such an urge to downplay the excitement over the game or attempt to somehow explain it away and deligirimize it. At the end of the day seeing Nintendo generating excitement and appeal in the broader market again is great for all gamers as it means a much wider expanded audience for gaming which also ensures a vibrant future for all kinds of games. Much of the industry relies on nintendo to draw in new generations of gamers and content consumers without them being there the industry as a whole suffers. So why not just celebrate the fact that Nintendo seems to be getting its groove back again and what that could potentially mean for all of us?

Top Bottom