• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Best of E3 2017 Awards

ohlawd

Anyone convinced that Mario Odyssey is the only game worth paying attention to for Nintendo fans is straight up delusional. Just look at the top 15 then come back.

sense has one good trait in that he's transparent as hell; always give Sony props, downplay everyone else. It makes it that much easier to see his bullshit and ignore it.

Anyone convinced that Mario Odyssey is the only game worth paying attention to for Nintendo fans is straight up delusional. Just look at the top 15 then come back.

sense has one good trait in that he's transparent as hell; always give Sony props, downplay everyone else. It makes it that much easier to see his bullshit and ignore it.
I don't even see why ppl are bugging Sony or Nintendo fan that top 20 both fanbases are well represented and it's well deserved

Great list. Overall, some amazing stuff for both Nintendo and Sony fans. Dunno about concept phase games being on there, considering there's literally nothing to judge them on.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

Thats what happens when Nintendo has a good E3 showing. Some people can't stand it and need to lash out.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Shocked that MH isn't higher. I thought it had a bigger fan base.

It does... On handhelds in Japan. Which is exactly who Capcom is abandoning with a westernized console game.

galvenize

It does... On handhelds in Japan. Which is exactly who Capcom is abandoning with a westernized console game.

As a fan of Gravity Rush, I felt thrilled about Gravity Rush 2 releasing on console as I felt that the game deserved it even though it abandoned the vita. It was like seeing your child graduating from college. I assumed the same for MH . I guess those fans care more about the system it's released on as opposed to the game itself.

Glad Odyssey won. Really excited that Nintendo is considering it in the same sub genre as Sunshine (the best one). First time I have ever been excited for a 3D Mario game. October can't come soon enough

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
My top 3 is the top 3, nice. Also happy to see Samus Returns made the top 10, I hope it does well enough for more 2D Metroid to happen.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
My top 3 is the top 3, nice. Also happy to see Samus Returns made the top 10, I hope it does well enough for more 2D Metroid to happen.
In the livestream they were saying this was intended to be the first of many 2D MercurySteam Metroid games, so unless the reception is horrible, I imagine that will continue.

In the livestream they were saying this was intended to be the first of many 2D MercurySteam Metroid games, so unless the reception is horrible, I imagine that will continue.

In the mean time, I'd actually like to see a similar Nintendo/MercurySteam collaboration done for Wario Land.

Samus Returns' director, Takehiko Hosokawa, was actually already the director for Wario Land 2 & 3, so he certainly has some experience.

Ultimadrago

Thats what happens when Nintendo has a good E3 showing. Some people can't stand it and need to lash out.

It's amusing. There's silly Nintendo fanboys crapping in the IGN Reader thread and silly Sony fanboys crapping on the GAF awards here.

The flinging certainly happens on both sides!

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.

That's fantastic news. Using this remake as a basis should hopefully provide them with a good blueprint for a new one. Plus with Sakamoto and Hosokawa involved I'm sure they can make something special, as long as they don't get too caught up in telling too much story.

As a fan of Gravity Rush, I felt thrilled about Gravity Rush 2 releasing on console as I felt that the game deserved it even though it abandoned the vita. It was like seeing your child graduating from college. I assumed the same for MH . I guess those fans care more about the system it's released on as opposed to the game itself.

that is totally different

this is more like square abandoning the n64 for the ps1 with ff7 but even that made more logical sense since the writing was on the wall for rpgs on nintendo consoles , they atleast didnt abandon the core audience in japan which had moved to the ps1, capcom flat out threw the core audience into the trash to try to appeal to more westerners but without realizing that any increase they will get in the west will be lost with a bigger drop in japan

andymcc

Banned
#1 was a given. Don't know why anyone is even shocked.

Good Dragon Ball Fighterz showing!

Best quality e3 in years.

SirNinja

"Colossus", not "collosus". It's spelled wrong on both Wolfenstein II and SotC. (Sorry to be that guy...)

Solid list, although BG&E2 is quite a bit lower than I thought it would be. Considering GAF is probably among the biggest places where people would be hyped for a near-mythical game like that, it's a bit disappointing.

Smeags

Thanks for all the hard work to make this thread happen!

Odyssey is going to be a blast. Here's to a great gaming future.

1. Super Mario Odyssey (Switch) #1

2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Switch) #11

3. Splatoon 2 (Switch) #24

4. South Park: The Fractured But Whole (PC/PS4/XBO) #30

5. Sea of Thieves (XBO) #29

6. Anthem (PC/PS4/XBO) #7

7. Metroid: Samus Returns (3DS) #9

8. Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (Switch) #6

9. Yoshi (Switch) #26

10. Sonic Mania (PC/PS4/Switch/XBO) #40

Shocked that MH isn't higher. I thought it had a bigger fan base.

It was my number one. :[

To be fair, the trailer didn't inspire confidence in a lot of long-time fans because it focused on newer elements instead of the core of the series. It wasn't until the latest gameplay footage and information that fans jumped onboard, and the pessimism dissipated.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Added quotes provided by Grumplestiltskin, unfortunately space is limited so I couldn't add everything that was provided.

Also fixed Collosus to Colossus. :p

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
How does scoring work, Top Racing game is listed as Forza, but Forza is ranked below The Crew 2?

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
How does scoring work, Top Racing game is listed as Forza, but Forza is ranked below The Crew 2?
It works as you'd expect. I was just so used to alternate between Forza Horizon and Forza Motorsport the last few times that I neglected The Crew 2. Will be fixed soon.

Edit: Fixed.

Zedark

Congrats to SMO and GOW! Two of my most anticipated titles, so glad they could reach the top of the charts!

The Super Mario landslide is pretty impressive, the thirst is real!

0Gf7qXs.png

DCJ1epUXoAEsa6d.jpg

Ubisoft seemed human this E3

Man, on one hand Im glad 2D Metroid is back but on the other, I wish it had a different artstyle and thats not going to happen with MercurySteam .

Mercurysteam got 2d metroid monopoly is a good thing? They're not exactly intelligent systems. Or wayfoward for that matter.

It'd depend on how much of a handle Nintendo will have on the dev team. They're essentially trying to make a second Next Level Games out of them I guess.

KZObsessed

Apart from #13 just being a fucking logo it's a good list.

I really liked E3 this year despite there being very few surprises.

Cerium

Is there a timestamp for that? I haven't seen any reporting on this.

Yep.

Top Bottom