• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Award Nominee for Esports coach, didn't coach anyone this year

I had no idea that game coaches were even a thing, but I guess for teams it makes sense like in any regular teamsport.

Taught everyone a lesson about what matters without even trying. Best non coaching coach of the year. lol

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Hey guys, The Geoffs are an esteemed and prestigious award ceremony that dates back thousands of years. Anyone making fun of it clearly doesn’t understand what it means to be a True Gamer.

Fbh

I really don't get why award shows are interesting to people. It's just a company circle jerk. What benefit do people get out of it, other than to say I've played that, havent I got taste?!

I'm pretty sure like 90% just watch the show for the trailers and reveals. At most some might care about the overall GOTY.
No one really cares about the smaller awards, not even the show organizers (they still announce a bunch during the pre show and often announce multiple winners at the same time to get it out of the way of more ads lol)

Last edited:

mitch1971

I'm pretty sure like 90% just watch the show for the trailers and reveals. At most some might care about the overall GOTY.
No one really cares about the smaller awards, not even the show organizers (they still announce a bunch during the pre show and often announce multiple winners at the same time to get it out of the way of more ads lol)
I see your point about this awards, but I thinking more to do with awards in general. Film, tv, music, games.
Hey guys, The Geoffs are an esteemed and prestigious award ceremony that dates back thousands of years. Anyone making fun of it clearly doesn’t understand what it means to be a True Gamer.
I'm surprised he hasn't won an award himself 'Best trainers and suit combo goes to....'

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
They seriously need to take all the eSports shit out of TGA and just... have a separate eSports awards.

Most generic industry people are gonna have absolutely no clue about any of this stuff and most eSports people are gonna play a handful of games a year. The two sides don't mingle.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Not sure why people bother. You can easily catch the trailers after the show, all at once. No need for the cringe.
Bingo, all the 4k trailer goodness (not the shitty streaming quality) and none of the cringe or dorito boy.

giphy.gif

They seriously need to take all the eSports shit out of TGA and just... have a separate eSports awards.

Most generic industry people are gonna have absolutely no clue about any of this stuff and most eSports people are gonna play a handful of games a year. The two sides don't mingle.
Dude I play games everyday and I don't know any of this Esport's shit. Esport is why games are also trash.

MMaRsu

Banned
"Put the cursor on the X to close the screen.

Put it on the X, Jimmy.

Jimmy, put the cursor on the X button.

Jimmy! Jimmy PLEASE you have to click FASTEEEEER"

I would assume they teach people worthwhile things, otherwise the job wouldnt exist

However intimacy coach also exists for movies sooo...

Dynasty8

This is the 2nd inaccurate nominee... The other one is FFXVI as best "RPG". Was there not a best "Action" award this year?

Fredrik

I don't really care about the awards except for some funny forum chitchat.
I thought I didn’t care, it’s mostly a PR circus anyway. But I realize that I do care. It would be fun with some new IPs, new ideas, new mechanics, new characters, new worlds etc. And it would be fun if the games I play the most would get some recognition for once and if people weren’t so incredibly negative all the time. I guess I’m just getting tired of it all, internet as a whole brings me little joy these days except for mods and Fextralife guides.

Top Bottom