• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless

The Mountain deadlifts nearly half a ton!

58BMdoR.png

Cersei's revenge tour this season is going to be glorious, GLORIOUS I say! Can't wait to see Ser Robert Strong destroy religious fanatics.

Harrington won't be able to offer a substantial comment on it until it plays out; the topic is shot down with an affirmatory "Jon Snow is dead" every time it's mentioned. If you really want to know whether or not Jon Snow is alive, you can click on this article (spoilers for the climax of the sixth season).

Definitely not reading that article, lol.
But you're right about only being able to give certain answers. Although I do think it might mean he's not really around this season, but at the end he will be reanimated.

Anyone starting their rewatch soon? I usually wait until a couple weeks before the new season but 50 episodes in now, going to need more time.

Ovid

Anyone starting their rewatch soon? I usually wait until a couple weeks before the new season but 50 episodes in now, going to need more time.
No rewatches for me. I've done it about three times now and I'm good.

I just use YT clips to help jog my memory on certain things/events.

.JayZii

Banned
Just finished rewatching it today. Great stuff. I think I'm most excited to see Cersei's machinations/reckoning after her walk.

Also unsure of what Sansa and Theon jumped onto, or planned to jump onto. Did I miss something?

Volimar

Just finished rewatching it today. Great stuff. I think I'm most excited to see Cersei's machinations/reckoning after her walk.

Also unsure of what Sansa and Theon jumped onto, or planned to jump onto. Did I miss something?

I think they jumped into a snowbank that had built up against the wall.

BTM

My room mate hasn't seen them yet so we're blazing through all the seasons. It's fun to watch with someone who has no idea what's going to happen next.

Season 5 was the worst thus far. It can only get better. I want season 6 to rival the first three.

I fear not having George R Martin's finished book as direct reference material will hamper the show's output.

nubbe

Season 5 was the worst thus far. It can only get better. I want season 6 to rival the first three.

I fear not having George R Martin's finished book as direct reference material will hamper the show's output.

I think it gives them the opportunity to have a more focused show
Given that the books has something like 30 POV characters
A reason to why the early seasons was good is that it had a narrow focus

Havok1313

Why can't it get worse? They've proven they have plenty of shitty writers among the staff.

I think it gives them the opportunity to have a more focused show
Given that the books has something like 30 POV characters
A reason to why the early seasons was good is that it had a narrow focus
As far as I can tell, the first season is the one most people love and is the one that follows the book more closely. I also think that George is better at his job than the creators of the show are at theirs.

As for the next season being even worse...
I think my opinion of it only possibly being better is a combination of me trying to be positive, and the fact that everything the show has been building up to is bound to happen sooner rather than later.

.JayZii

Banned
I had literally forgotten about Bran until I saw that redband trailer. Hopefully they get the pacing for his scenes down this season. They've always felt a bit off in tone.

I worry about that as well. I read a few select chapters from the first book this past summer and the details translated on screen are so incredibly intricate, from dialogue, clothing, even table settings and small character mannerisms were so spot on that I really feel that so much of the shows charm and perfection is thanks from GRRMs descriptive writing.

I have no idea how similar it is going forward, or even beyond the few random chapters I read, but having the major, or even minor plot points without the exhaustive detail might not be enough. But hopefully they've learned a lot in the past several years and can pull it off.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is there really no way for canadians to subscribe to HBO without needing a TV service provider and use whatever expensive subcription they got on top of HBO one? I do not have a TV service right now since Netflix is enough for me.

I'm looking at paying over 50$ a month here just to be able to watch Game of Thrones, unless I ask my parents who already use one of those TV services to subscribe to HBO + I'll reimburse them the monthly HBO sub + I have to go to their house every weeks. =/

Vitten

This has to be it for Jorah, right? It's a minor miracle he's made it to Season 6.

I also wouldn't put too much money on Daario's chances getting through this season.
Him and Jorah are set on a dangerous mission and his companion is a walking time bomb who could turn on him at any minute.

Wouldn't even mind, never did like the new actor.

Crispy75

I also wouldn't put too much money on Daario's chances getting through this season.
Him and Jorah are set on a dangerous mission and his companion is a walking time bomb who could turn on him at any minute.

Wouldn't even mind, never did like the new actor.

He's not great, but he's miles better than Beefcake Daario

Ogni-XR21

Is there really no way for canadians to subscribe to HBO without needing a TV service provider and use whatever expensive subcription they got on top of HBO one? I do not have a TV service right now since Netflix is enough for me.

I'm looking at paying over 50$ a month here just to be able to watch Game of Thrones, unless I ask my parents who already use one of those TV services to subscribe to HBO + I'll reimburse them the monthly HBO sub + I have to go to their house every weeks. =/

Is there no HBO GO for subs in Canada?

I know there is Sky Go in Germany (where GoT airs) so I guess the same thing should be available in Canada...

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is there no HBO GO for subs in Canada?

I know there is Sky Go in Germany (where GoT airs) so I guess the same thing should be available in Canada...

Now that I think about it, I think their TV provider have something for online access for channels. Maybe I would be able to watch HBO shows through there without needing to go to their house. That would save a lot of headaches. :p

UrbanRats

Disagree. That dude had charisma, this one is plain as fuck. One of the worst casts on the show.

I don't think the other dude had much charisma per se (he's far from a good actor, too) but the design was so much more unique than the random unshaved beard + mid length brown hair of the new Daario.
It made him stand out from just being hot Men' Health dude #675445.

Just a quick reminder that any and all GoT book discussion is prohibited in this thread. Please use the other thread if you'd like to talk about the novels with respect to the television show. If you have any questions, please send me a PM. Thank you.

I don't think the other dude had much charisma per se (he's far from a good actor, too) but the design was so much more unique than the random unshaved beard + mid length brown hair of the new Daario.
It made him stand out from just being hot Men' Health dude #675445.

Yeah, good point. He wasn't really around long enough to judge how good or horrible he may have been. But he certainly had a look to him where as new Daario is yeah, just a number, lol.

Just a quick reminder that any and all GoT book discussion is prohibited in this thread. Please use the other thread if you'd like to talk about the novels with respect to the television show. If you have any questions, please send me a PM. Thank you.

Sorry.

Curufinwe

I think Ed Skrein was pretty good as the new Transporter. It's a throwaway movie, but he was solid. And he looked much less douchey with short hair.

Xamdou

So which retailer exclusive for GoT Season 5 blu ray is everyone getting tomorrow? I am torn between the Bestbuy Martel exclusive and the Target Exclusive with bonus content.

Vashetti

Banned
So which retailer exclusive for GoT Season 5 blu ray is everyone getting tomorrow? I am torn between the Bestbuy Martel exclusive and the Target Exclusive with bonus content.

Buy from Amazon UK, the bonus disc has everything, totalling to ~1 hour 30 minutes of bonus features

~Kinggi~

Banned
I always like to travel back in time and re-read the old GoT gaf threads. First season had but a core few folk very excited. Cornballer, motherfucka been around for years making TV ot threads. Good stuff.

Ugh, the Best Buy exclusives this year are inconsistent with the previous years. The cases don't have the nice texture and look totally different. Why did they do this? Sticks out like a sore thumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom