• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Seriously, though, Orell?

Are they combining him with Varamyr?

Clash of King spoilers/light SOS spoilers:
I mean, Jon KILLS Orell before this season even starts...technically one of the guys Jon and Halfhand killed in, what, episode 6 (?) was supposed to Orell. I think they'll combine him and Varamyr since Var gets Orell's eagle after he dies and is a thorn in Jon's side from the beginning of Book 3....

I'm going to laugh if it is because they wanted to avoid another character with a name that starts with V.

Casting looks great. Season 3 is already too far away.

Now officially hottest gyal in Game of Thrones. Move over Oona Chaplin.
HOW DARE YOU?!

Nah, she's real purdy.
Do we know if Arstan is going to be in Season 3?
and whether ian mcelhinney is returning?
I can't imagine they'd cut him out, but you never know.
He's got to be, I would be shocked if he wasn't in season 3.

Lol at this clip to show off Diana Rigg's acting:
http://youtu.be/iME60JZInfw
LOL
It's nice to finally get a huge amount of casting news. The casting for the show has been pretty spot on to date, so I have faith that these new actors will fit their roles well.

I'm kind of shocked by Orell's inclusion.
He was already dead by this point, and they've really played down the warg stuff so far. I guess that will change in Season 3.

Yeah after season 2, it's kind of been my assumption that they pushed the focus on that to the next couple of seasons.

Iksenpets

Banned
Seriously, though, Orell?

Are they combining him with Varamyr?

Clash of King spoilers/light SOS spoilers:
I mean, Jon KILLS Orell before this season even starts...technically one of the guys Jon and Halfhand killed in, what, episode 6 (?) was supposed to Orell. I think they'll combine him and Varamyr since Var gets Orell's eagle after he dies and is a thorn in Jon's side from the beginning of Book 3....

He's definitely being combined with Varamyr, and the more I think about it, the more I think they may be combining him with the Magnar of Thenn as well. Have him be the one who leads Jon's party over the Wall. You don't cast someone that well known only to have him not with Jon half the season, and it eliminates the need for them to cast a guy who never speaks except in a foreign language the protagonist can't understand.

Iksenpets

Banned
Wasn't Beric in season 1?

He was just an uncredited extra. All he did was look up when Ned said "Hey Beric go kill the Mountain." If they really felt the need to rationalize it they could just claim that he was like a messenger or something who only looked up so dramatically because he realized the gravity of his mission to go tell Beric about his mission.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
He's definitely being combined with Varamyr, and the more I think about it, the more I think they may be combining him with the Magnar of Thenn as well. Have him be the one who leads Jon's party over the Wall. You don't cast someone that well known only to have him not with Jon half the season, and it eliminates the need for them to cast a guy who never speaks except in a foreign language the protagonist can't understand.

I agree. They're definitely combining some of the characters.

Kuroyume

Banned
Cast looks pretty good. Always pictured Thoros as a chubby dude. Jojen looks creepy. Something about his eyes. The Queen of thorns I also pictured as older with white hair. Happy all around though just with the apperances.

I was like who the fuck is Orell for a few minutes... I recognized the name but couldn't put my finger on the character.

Still, the biggest casting is still to come. I hope they do him justice.

Iksenpets

Banned
Just read the casting report on Winter is Coming and realized that Jojen and Meera are both 22. I, um, retract my earlier statements about them being adorable children?

bengraven

Orell is the idiot pirate with the wood eye from Pirates of the Caribbean...

tumblr_m2jg2s55p81qzgfwqo2_500.png

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
More important question, how tall are Jojen and Meera? The answer can make or break the entire season. ;)

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Love all the casting. Looking more forward to what's left to be announced but I think they nailed all these characters.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nah, I'm just basing this off of some characters saying she's attractive and Bran's crush on her.

In fairness, more people say that Asha is attractive than Meera.

Meera's actress isn't even unattractive.

jett

D-Member
They all look perfect. Especially the Reed kids, holy shit.

I always imagined Thoros to look like Dhalsim from Street Fighter for some reason..

Me too actually, I think he's described as looking more exotic than "some white guy". The new cast looks fine overall.

edit: ah I just remembered who Missandei was in the books...well I guess that's another character that has been needlessly aged up.

edit again: oh shit Edmure has been cast, and it's Brutus from Rome! Awesome.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Me too actually, I think he's described as looking more exotic than "some white guy". The new cast looks fine overall.

edit: ah I just remembered who Missandei was in the books...well I guess that's another character that has been needlessly aged up.
What if they use her for [ASoS]
Dany's masturbation scenes.
Yeah, yeah, it ain't happening. :(

CassSept

That's my first time participating during casting and wow, it really is impressive. They nailed everyone.

To those thinking Thoros was chubby - he supposedly was during AGOT, but by the time Arya meets him with BwB he lost his weight.

Do we know if Arstan is going to be in Season 3?
and whether ian mcelhinney is returning?
I can't imagine they'd cut him out, but you never know.

I'll spoiler it because someone might figure what you meant based on that,
they can just keep Barristan as a secret until they reintroduce him, looking at how they managed to hide Drogo (even if it was only for a single scene) they can do it, maybe

I'm kind of shocked by Orell's inclusion.
He was already dead by this point, and they've really played down the warg stuff so far. I guess that will change in Season 3.

Well,
if we are that far into the book, the viewers should be given more explanation about warging, as it will start playing more important role starting season 3 and on

That's my first time participating during casting and wow, it really is impressive. They nailed everyone.

To those thinking Thoros was chubby - he supposedly was during AGOT, but by the time Arya meets him with BwB he lost his weight.

I'll spoiler it because someone might figure what you meant based on that,
they can just keep Barristan as a secret until they reintroduce him, looking at how they managed to hide Drogo (even if it was only for a single scene) they can do it, maybe

Well,
if we are that far into the book, the viewers should be given more explanation about warging, as it will start playing more important role starting season 3 and on

what?

Massa

The casting for this show is pretty damn good. The only misfit in season 2 imo is Brienne, her character doesn't make much sense to me being that old.

Aging the characters doesn't bother me at all. If anything the ages of the characters in the series makes more sense to me. In the book it was slightly offputting for everyone to be so young.

Gambit

what an incredible cast they are putting together! Dianna Rigg really came out of left field.

And Brutus is Edmure? Wow.

Now, HBO make my dream come true:

James Purefoy for Mance, please.

I need more Marc Anthony!

Edit: Just googled him to look for pictures, and apparently I am not the only one holding on to that pipe dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom