• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop Gamerdays sale 2009 list

Haeleos

Up Your Arsenal has a lot of shitty minigame arena stuff that no one asked for. I'd say Going Commando is better since it's as pure as Ratchet & Clank ever got. It feels rushed towards the end though, which is why the first game will always be the best to me.

TripOpt55

AFreak said:
Anyone know what Up Your Arsenal costs at GS? I went tot he site and it isn't there(after playing through Q4B and never playing any of the PS2 Ratchets, I want one)

I've heard UYA is the best, but also that Going Commando is awesome as well, which do you suggest and why?
Not sure what the cost is. You should really play both, they're both great, but if you're just going to play one, I'd say Up Your Arsenal. It has the better upgrade system and weapon set. Also, paced a bit better. It's got the platforming arena challenges. It also has the 2D Qwark levels that no other game in the series has which are awesome. Plus, if you just finished Q4B and are going to play the next, UYA has a story tie-in to Q4B and the next one.

Edit: UYA is a bit more action-oriented, but still awesome.

AniHawk

Ashhong said:
if we kept our 360s on the floor i bet that at least one customer would say this. its so sad.

Do what I did in my last weeks there and just laugh in their faces. Then show them the door and tell them to fuck off.

I never did this

AniHawk

Haeleos said:
Up Your Arsenal has a lot of shitty minigame arena stuff that no one asked for. I'd say Going Commando is better since it's as pure as Ratchet & Clank ever got. It feels rushed towards the end though, which is why the first game will always be the best to me.

UYA was the first one to go online, and it wasn't bad. It also had superior controls to Going Commando. I'd agree that GC > UYA overall though.

dorkimoe

Urban Scholar said:
Well how else are they going to clear out the warehouses full of them? :D

but i don't know why we have a warehouse full of them...we quit carrying new umds about 6 months after the psp came out...yet somehow every year the gameday sale rolls around..we have boxes and boxes full of them. Sadly people still buy them and we do end up selling out

AFreak

Banned
Well, I decided to put my Goozex membership to good use, both games are only 100 points there, so I'm just going tog et both :D

Thanks for the help guys.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I'm seeing some interesting stuff on the list, but I suppose it will all depend on what the actual discount is... I wanted to try the two Agatha Christie games by The Adventure Company, but couldn't stomach paying $20-$30 for them.

AniHawk

DS:
Metal Slug 7

Xbox 360-

Call of Duty 2
Tomb Raider Anniversary

Wii-
House of the Dead 2 and 3 Returns
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
Mercury Meltdown: Revolution

PS2-
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES

I'll give those a look. Thanks for the coupon, too.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Making a list now

PSP-

Phantasy Star Portable
Silent Hill Origins

PS3-

Valkyria Chronicles
Incredible Hulk
Iron Man

PS2-

Devil May Cry Greatest Hits Set
Metal Gear Solid: Essential Collection

Linkup

I'll look for these:
FF3
Sonic Rush Adventure
Metal Slug 7
Valkyria Chronicles

Thinking about these:
House of the Dead 2 and 3 Returns
Sonic and the Black Knight
Dragon Quest Swords

This brings the Fuckin Suck.

Just like Gamestop always does.

They should call this the UMD days sale. Good to see they took a bath on that product at least.

I might get wordjong if it's %60 off w/ coupon. Otherwise this is shit. I don't shop there if I don't have to get the product from there.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
dorkimoe said:
They might as well just call it the UMD day sale

On Black Friday and during GameDays sales, GameStop typically runs a $5 UMD promotion. Despite the low UMD sale volume most of the time, the UMD days are actually quite popular and people will often buy several at a time. However, despite the fact that the UMD list looks huge, most of the merchandise is still going to mainly be games.

Smokey

I remember setting this up last year when I worked there. Fucking sucks and it's even worse when customers come in and just throw shit everywhere in the bin and fuckup everything.

Now that I'm back on the consumer side, I look forward to going in tomorrow and doing the same thing!

Smokey said:
I remember setting this up last year when I worked there. Fucking sucks and it's even worse when customers come in and just throw shit everywhere in the bin and fuckup everything.

Now that I'm back on the consumer side, I look forward to going in tomorrow and doing the same thing!

Have fun then :D

sciplore

-PXG- said:
Gamedays

aka

GameStop discounting overstock crap that doesn't sell :p

Then would'nt there be more 360 rpgs on that list? :p

But on topic maybe I can finally get fes instead of making up excuses.

Erudite

Hero of Legend said:
Is EBGames (as well as the rare GameStop) in Canada doing this?

I'm wondering this too. I'll definitely jump on Valkyria Chronicles the moment it goes up if it is.

Ponn

Banned
Volcynika said:
That's quite a jump you made there.

Actually you could go for the hat trick and include the extra 10% coupon from GI and say 60% If your gonna delude yourself might as well as go all the way. No halfassing it.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Thinking about CivRev and Metal Slug 7 on DS, maybe Mushroom Men and SATBK for Wii.

Another heads up on why you should enjoy a relaxing afternoon at home instead of venturing into the tepid sewage waters of your local gamestop - most stores "gut" the merchandise for these sales so they can put all the cases out on the floor.

Meaning your discounted merchandise is opened, and is going to have extra stickers for sale branding, extra clear seal stickers, and new price stickers.

I got OutRun 2006 for PSP in one of these a few years ago and it still has a sticker taking up half the front of the case.

Great game, though.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
SonOfABeep said:
Another heads up on why you should enjoy a relaxing afternoon at home instead of venturing into the tepid sewage waters of your local gamestop - most stores "gut" the merchandise for these sales so they can put all the cases out on the floor.

Meaning your discounted merchandise is opened, and is going to have extra stickers for sale branding, extra clear seal stickers, and new price stickers.

I got OutRun 2006 for PSP in one of these a few years ago and it still has a sticker taking up half the front of the case.

Great game, though.

They'll live. People don't give half as much of a shit about that stuff than you think. Especially the package sticker stuff.

MrDaravon

There's some decent stuff on there, although the 360 selection blows. The only thing I might be interested in that I don't already own is Phantasy Star Portable, and that's going to depend on the price.

In my experience last year the games were NOT gutted; they were put in the bins as-is. That may be very YMMV though, so I'd expect the normal Gamestop shenanigans to be safe.

Ramune

Final Fantasy Tactics A2
Metal Slug 7
Chrono Trigger
Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles
Phantasy Star Portable
Sonic Unleashed (PS3)

Thanks for the coupon too! I didn't want to cut out the one in my GI since there's that nice Bioshock 2 pic behind it. ¬_¬

Kintaro said:
They'll live. People don't give half as much of a shit about that stuff than you think. Especially the package sticker stuff.

well, every year on CAG since this has started people are surprised, so just a heads up. It is an annoyance, but not necessarily a deal breaker. It will depend on how many of these are actually 50% off. I'm guessing not many, and even fewer that you really want.

Firestorm

Chrono Trigger DS would have to be 50% off for it to be worth ordering for me after shipping, GFC fee, and currency conversion. That's all I saw that I was interested in.

To my Canadian gaf members I'm not sure if this is going on for you, it did last year. If someone let's me know I'll update a section for you.
We have a different GameDays sale. If anyone wants the deals above and live outside the USA (Canada or otherwise), they could probably order it through this: http://www.gamesforcanada.com/direct-request.php

ZealousD

-PXG- said:
Gamedays

aka

GameStop discounting overstock crap that doesn't sell :p

Swing and a miss. A real, real big miss.

Pretty much everything is sent to them in shipments several weeks beforehand, and sometimes games are even reprinted specifically for the sale.

kiryogi

Banned
ZealousD said:

Pretty much everything is sent to them in shipments several weeks beforehand, and sometimes games are even reprinted specifically for the sale.

Yeah, Katamari and Odin Sphere got this treatment.

ZealousD said:

Doubtful that GS reprinted The Club last year for their sale. It's just shit that's overstocked at the warehouses that gets sent to stores for the sale.

ZealousD

SonOfABeep said:
Doubtful that GS reprinted The Club last year for their sale. It's just shit that's overstocked at the warehouses that gets sent to stores for the sale.

The Club, maybe not. But Katamari Damacy and Odin Sphere? Most certainly. Or how about Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, 2 years ago?

The volume of games sent is simply too much for overstock, too. The shipments for these games are often as big as their first day shipments, sometimes even bigger.

So, unless you actually work at GameStop dealing with this sale in some fashion, maybe you should stop just making what you think are educated guesses.

Darkpen

Banned
Final Fantasy Tactics A2
Chrono Trigger
Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles

Why couldn't the PS2 version of Tomb Raider Anniversary be on that list :(

dragonflys545 said:
Really bad list... The only games i want are Valkyria Chronicles, and Phantasy Star Portable.

Most definitely, though Im shocked that PSP is on sale already, didnt it just come out less than a month ago?

Valkyria Chronicles is one that Ive been meaning to pick up for awhile.

I really don't think the list is as bad as most claim. Most interesting though is that most of the notable games on sale are SEGA ones; Sonic Unleashed, Valkyria Chronicles, Phantasy Star Portable and etc....hmm

Top Bottom