• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop Vita Sale - 32GB Memory Card $40

Kyon

Banned
Fuck I missed the 32GB.

nnnnnnnoooooooooo
irtJz0sNp9VwG.gif

Jiraiza

God damn it, the day I don't bother to look at slickdeals is the day I miss out on the 32GB card I just bought for full price for my Vita TV.

Amazon pls.

Evo X

Holding out for 32GB deal at Amazon. They've price matched pretty much everything else, so here's hoping.

rjc571

Banned
$40 for 32 gigs is still a horrible fucking ripoff. Unfortunately, Sony's outrageous memory card pricing has artificially shifted demand to the point where this is now considered a "good deal". Since I refuse to be shafted on another Vita memory card, it looks like I'll be stuck using my 4 gig card for the remainder of the system's life, killing my ability to buy downloadable games in the process.

$40 for 32 gigs is still a horrible fucking ripoff. Unfortunately, Sony's outrageous memory card pricing has artificially shifted demand to the point where this is now considered a "good deal". Since I refuse to be shafted on another Vita memory card, it looks like I'll be stuck using my 4 gig card for the remainder of the system's life, killing my ability to buy downloadable games in the process.
Lol, I felt like this but I bought it anyways. It is "good" haha

Lemstar

cool

KalBalboa

Banned

I needed a laugh. Thank you.

Yuterald

Fuck! I missed this because I was asleep. Hope I don't miss some sort of Amazon price match deal while I'm at work today.

Drek

isn't an 8 or 16gb enough ?

I'd say 16GB is the threshold for making the most of the Vita. with PS+ there will be a steady stream of games that will crush an 8GB in just a few months.

However, I have a 32GB card that I topped out basically the day PS+ went live given the other games I already had up to that point. A 64GB card wouldn't be enough to hold my entire Vita/PSP/PS1 collection including PS+ titles. I'd probably need a 128GB card for that to happen.

This is why Sony has PSN, a unified account system, and PS+ cloud saving. A 16GB card can pretty easily hold a nice assortment of games, in all sizes. 2 or 3 full sized retail titles and a half dozen or more PSN titles for example.

That plus buying a few games physically to make use of the game card slot and you'd do fine with a 16GB. My personal strategy is to buy longer titles, namely RPGs, physically since when I play them they're the primary reason I grab the Vita, but when I finish them I typically shelf them outright for a long time before a full replay. The pick up and play factor isn't really there, so little is lost not having it always at my finger tips. This is why the only physical game I still own is P4G and why Ys will be joining it shortly.

olimpia84

How's the Walking Dead for the Vita? Did they fix some of the glitches present in both the PC and console versions?

Amazon price matched Uncharted $9.99

I bought Uncharted, Gravity Rush, LittleBigPlanet, and Resistance all for $40 through amazon. I already have LBP for PS3 but I think I'll enjoy it more on Vita for some reason.

fwpx

Amazon price matched Uncharted $9.99

I bought Uncharted, Gravity Rush, LittleBigPlanet, and Resistance all for $40 through amazon. I already have LBP for PS3 but I think I'll enjoy it more on Vita for some reason.

Aren't Uncharted and Gravity Rush free on PS+?

Wickwire

I hope theres a drop on the 32g card. I got a vita on black Friday and uncharted basically used up the entire 4g card it came with.

Top Bottom