• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming-Age Ownage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pattergen

The one that most sticks out to me.

I think it was on old GAF. I don't remember who posted, but someone posted complaining about how his girlfriend had gotten rid of some of his records or something. The thread went on for awhile, and then his gf got on his username and was all like 'wtf you have a problem with me and then you go to an internet gaming off topic forum to complain about it'. The post directly after that had me in tears. "OHHH SNAP!!!!"

Other moments of complete and utter ownage?

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
I don't think it can really be considered ownage, but the whole "Loki vs Tazznum fiasco" that happened a few years back was pretty brutal.

Pattergen said:
The one that most sticks out to me.

I think it was on old GAF. I don't remember who posted, but someone posted complaining about how his girlfriend had gotten rid of some of his records or something. The thread went on for awhile, and then his gf got on his username and was all like 'wtf you have a problem with me and then you go to an internet gaming off topic forum to complain about it'. The post directly after that had me in tears. "OHHH SNAP!!!!"

Other moments of complete and utter ownage?

I would pay to see that thread.

*lightbulb clicks on*

I've got a great idea! GAF premium content. Like Xbox Live, only with more pwnage and gameplay.

Edit: Any idea what year (http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.gaming-age.com) it was posted?

I recall a thread where someone posted pics of their hawt hawt dream girl. And it turned out to be another posters Girlfriend......

:O

teh pwn.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Magazine rack.

I sucked a dick in a bar once. (that is, someone else did, not catfish)

andthebeatgoeson

Oh god, I forgot about that dick sucking one. He posted so nonchalantely.

Edit: The first time I learned how to use photoshop...cuz I mistakenly posted a pic with me and my sister. DUMDDUMB, how could I be that naive. About 3 pages of 'I think your sister's hawt. '

I think that dick sucking thing was excellent. That dude had a lot of courage to say something like that - unless, of course, he was just stringing us all along.

SyNapSe

Ok, for some reason this sticks out SOOOO clearly. It was during Operation: MAF vs. the Nbots

It was a hell of a war.. many casualties resulted. MAF bought a "Xdude" a month or two before and began tormenting the GC fanatics. Then one day he posted.. "OMGZ my xdude quit reading discs" etc etc. blah blah blah.. like 5 pages of Nintendo fans seeking hot sexy revenge ensued.

"yUO SELLY BASTAGE!! AHAHDAHFSDHCZAHAHA.." holy crap it was awful and funny at the same time..

I went to bed... when I woke up in the morning.. I decided to check back in, and the 2nd post was MAF saying.. ahahaha, I thought of this joke while eating dinner. ROFL.. as I went back and read some of the previous posts.. my god, I couldn't stop laughing. They were so horribly angst filled.. lol. LOL

skinnyrattler said:
Edit: The first time I learned how to use photoshop...cuz I mistakenly posted a pic with me and my sister. DUMDDUMB, how could I be that naive.

hahahaha, do you watch six feet under by any chance?

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
StarkyLuv's faster-than-lightspeed, laws-of-physics breaking lag-free Internet.

Yes, XBL was going to remove latency, entirely, even if it meant mucking about with the fabric of the universe. That was funny enough, but his arguing over it with an IT/Datacoms consultant from British Telecom was classic.

At least for the Ex-British Telecom employee, anyway :p

It was a hell of a war.. many casualties resulted. MAF bought a "Xdude" a month or two before and began tormenting the GC fanatics. Then one day he posted.. "OMGZ my xdude quit reading discs" etc etc. blah blah blah.. like 5 pages of Nintendo fans seeking hot sexy revenge ensued.

I remember that. It was like a really good April Fool's prank only it wasn't April Fool's day.

Tritroid

I remember that thread!

You're right, that was possibly one of the most, if not THE most, hilarious threads on the old GAF. It had me rolling.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Felidae_Khrall said:
I recall a thread where someone posted pics of their hawt hawt dream girl. And it turned out to be another posters Girlfriend......

:O

teh pwn.

Hahaha. Diablos' posted pics of FrenchMovieTheme's girlfriend. That was a great thread. LMAO!!

Bowser

shuri, I remember when you had something like this:

base.jpg

or this:

bullballs_brass.jpg

as you avatar and the tag "Man of Brass Balls" or whatever after you had dumped that GF that had her Spring Fuckfest 2003 (or was it 2002? I think it was '03). Then after a while you posted you got back with her (or something like that) and EVERYONE let out a collective groan and your tag was taken away and all that shit. The most vivid memory of that thread...

ackbar.jpg

:p

Alcibiades

I owned 90% of the forum when I made a thread proclaiming my prediction that Soul Calibur II for the Gamecube would outsell the other versions...

people laughed (and thought I was crazy cause of the PS2 userbase #'s), then the numbers came in, then there was endless damage control, still going on till this very day (something about the number of fighters on GCN, but the point is they still predicted higher sales for PS2 version)...

edit: oh yeah, doesn't Shuri owe the forum some nudie pics of his ex-gf or something...

Bowser

efralope said:
I owned 90% of the forum when I made a thread proclaiming my prediction that Soul Calibur II for the Gamecube would outsell the other versions...

people laughed (and thought I was crazy cause of the PS2 userbase #'s), then the numbers came in, then there was endless damage control, still going on till this very day (something about the number of fighters on GCN, but the point is they still predicted higher sales for PS2 version)...

haha, I remember that one.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
xsarien said:
"Girl, you're like a stick of deodorant..."

Right Guard deodorant, anything else would be uncivilised.

bjork

I don't know of any past ones, but I always laugh when someone replies to an "IAWTP" post with "god damn, I hate that acronym" and then that post gets like ten "IAWTP" replies. :)

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Oli's tub overflow thread, and that it lives on even after he tried to delete it.

The Isketch thread with the "DenisDuckFat spotting". At least... I think it was DDF.

Chipopo

Banned
Goreomedy said:
The Isketch thread with the "DenisDuckFat spotting". At least... I think it was DDF.

LOL Red Elbows responses in that thread was great.

I remember Ghost of Bill Gates defending Morrowind by saying the Framerate increases when you get higher dexterity. Also some great responses.

SyNapSe

Goreomedy said:
Oli's tub overflow thread, and that it lives on even after he tried to delete it.

lol, yeah it was some Mx1-01u1

or some username like that.. he was pretending to be DDF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom