• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Like a Dragon: Kazuma Kiryu’s voice actor keeps being stopped by police

20240502-30419-960x576.jpg

Takaya Kuroda, who has been voicing Like a Dragon’s protagonist Kazuma Kiryu ever since the series began in 2005, recently took to X to complain about his (apparently frequent) encounters with Japanese police.

According to Kuroda’s post, the voice actor was recently randomly stopped and questioned by police about his identity and asked about any prior offenses on record. While keeping things lighthearted and comical, Kuroda emphasized that it was his second time being treated as a suspicious person just this year, indicating a longer history of random encounters with police.

Post translation: Getting stopped and questioned by police when you’re in a hurry sure is a bother. They asked me if I had any previous convictions, and it took them ages to double check things by radio. Do I… really have the face of an ex-convict? It’s my second time getting questioned this year! How old do I need to get for this to stop!? At least the police officer apologized this time.

Furthermore, actor Kentaro Shimazu quoted Kuroda’s post with a picture of the two and commented, “Kuroda came to my store right after being questioned (laughs). He told me he’s been stopped by police over 250 times.” We don’t know if this is an exaggeration, but the beloved voice actor seems to have a real Like a Dragon situation going on in his life, and his flashy old school mobster-reminiscent fashion sense probably doesn’t do much to deter curious cops.

Top Bottom