• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GamingBolt: PlayStation vs Xbox - Who WON 2022?

The strange thing is that they "won", but somehow failed to ship any notable dame while doing so. Pretty big feat if you ask me.
Well if you don't think they shipped any notable games last year it shows how little you know about the Xbox platform and people should keep that in mind when reading your comments about that system.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
people should keep that in mind when reading your comments about that system.
Alanis Morissette Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I wouldn't take that on heart.
I remember people criticizing Xbox for showing future games. Now that they have done their showcase of 12 month of games, they still get criticized for skipping VGA, even though they showcased all their upcoming games in their summer game festival.

There is no win here.
If that 'upcoming 12 month' Xbox showing had some exciting game trailers of big AAA games, no one would be complaining

Roberts

In what way would you describe Grounded to be hard/difficult, or do you mean hard in terms of general appeal? The game has obvious cues to Honey I Shrunk The Kids, I kind of wonder why MS didn't just acquire that as a license for Obsidian to use and build a campaign around, then have the open-ended stuff adding to that game world? That's the kind of critical eye I continue to see MS lack when it comes to maximizing the appeal of their games/IP and that doesn't seem to be changing too much soon.
It is difficult gameplay-wise. There are very few quest markers on the map and even those are very vague - you have to figure out how to reach certain places above you and below the ground. Each bug has its own attack patterns which you have to memorise to effective. You have to figure out a lot of other stuff. I am playing with a friend and we still die quite often - we just finished an hour long session that didn't really go anywhere. The good news is that we are already discussing strategies for tomorrow's session.

About Honey I Shrunk the Kids. The similarities are obvious, but the big difference is that Grounded is a lot darker in tone. Not just because all the Spiders and other creepy bugs, but because the story is not your typical kiddie fare. It is basically a horror game and Carpenter-like music on the title screen kind of give it away. I mean, I don't know if the game would be more successful with a Honey I Shrunk the Kids license, but I'm kind of glad they stuck with their own version of the story.

I dunno played a lot of good indies on playstation this year. Toem, Stray, Sifu, Inscryption, Rollerdrome, Olli Olli World, Cult of The Lamb…etc
Yeah Sony has a lot of indie comtent. They literally snatched the biggest indie game of tue year with Stray. Sifu was also good. Last year with Kena although at the end i had no idea if I could call it indie lmao.

feynoob

Banned
Or maybe even the year after that… or the year after that.

All jokes aside. I’m sure they’ve got plenty cooking up. I need to see it though.
aside of arkane, and bethesda the rest of zenimax have other games on the work. Like how machine is working on indiana jones.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Yes I'm sure they told Geoff to pull everything they had planned just a few hours before the start of the event and he was able to fill the time seemlessly.

God Of War Magic GIF by Santa Monica Studio

Our Pope asked Christopher Judge to say a few words to cover the time of the pulled games. Duh!

• LOL
Reactions: GHG
Will 2023 or 2024 be Xbox's year? I believe they are going to "win" one of those two and the other should be a close call. If not, Phil needs to step down.
I mean over the next 2 years we have PS VR2 and its exclusive games, we got Factions, Spider-Man 2, Silent Hill 2, Rise of the Ronin, Forspoken, FFXVI, 2 MLB games, Wolverine may be a 2024 game, Death Stranding 2, at least 4 online games from PS studios as well, a new PS5 sku. This is what we know so far. And this is without Sony doing a single show since September 2021 and without talking about most of their studios. I’d say Xbox could do it for sure but it’s not like they won’t have competition.

reinking

Gold Member
I mean over the next 2 years we have PS VR2 and its exclusive games, we got Factions, Spider-Man 2, Silent Hill 2, Rise of the Ronin, Forspoken, FFXVI, 2 MLB games, Wolverine may be a 2024 game, Death Stranding 2, at least 4 online games from PS studios as well, a new PS5 sku. This is what we know so far. And this is without Sony doing a single show since September 2021 and without talking about most of their studios. I’d say Xbox could do it for sure but it’s not like they won’t have competition.
I get that but MS has Starfield (might be overhyped but if not GOTY?), ARK 2, Redfall, Forza Motorsport, Senua's Saga: Hellblade 2, State of Decay 3, S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 and Perfect Dark. All day one on Game Pass. It could be a big 2023 for Microsoft if they can deliver those titles. Like If they can't deliver, I am not sure where they go from there. I guess they will continue to go on spending sprees.

Woopah

Sony and Nintendo have had excellent years (Sony just about pips it for my personal taste) and Xbox was a distant third.

Next year I expect all three to be excellent, we just need them to make more announcements in early 2023.

Hobbygaming

If any of those didnt get you excited, you might as well give up on xbox, and focus on another console.
It will be a waste of your time.
They showed 1 or 2 smaller chicken nuggets but I was looking for the steak and potatoes

93xfan

Banned
2022 was certainly bearable on Xbox due to Gamepass, but really hoping they deliver with Forza and Starfield next year. Those games need to be top tier.

Hobbygaming

I get that but MS has Starfield (might be overhyped but if not GOTY?), ARK 2, Redfall, Forza Motorsport, Senua's Saga: Hellblade 2, State of Decay 3, S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 and Perfect Dark. All day one on Game Pass. It could be a big 2023 for Microsoft if they can deliver those titles. Like If they can't deliver, I am not sure where they go from there. I guess they will continue to go on spending sprees.
2024 could be a good showdown

Hellblade 2
State of Decay 3
Perfect Dark
Stalker 2 (timed)

Vs

Wolverine
Lost Soul Aside
Death Stranding 2
Rise of the Ronin
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth

Top Bottom