• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gargoyles Remastered – Announce Trailer (October 19th)

ManaByte

Launching October 19th, Gargoyles Remastered is an artfully crafted revival of the ‘90s classic 16-bit side-scrolling platform adventure. Relive the epic journey of Goliath and the Gargoyles featuring enhanced visuals, animations, and SFX, all inspired by the acclaimed animated series. The world of Gargoyles comes to life with a level of detail that will thrill fans of the animated series and retro gaming enthusiasts alike. Experience classic gameplay that stays authentic to its predecessor while including new features such as achievements, gameplay rewind, and more!

Last edited:
Iron Man Want GIF

I actually remember renting this a few times as a kid. I really liked it, but it was def. too tough for me at the time. Still, I remember the animation looking awesome. Looks great still for a Genesis game. I was a huge fan of Gargoyles as a kid, so much so, that when my daughter was born, and I'd be on baby watching duty, I watched the whole series from start to finish on Disney+. Aged pretty well all in all.

Last edited:

Larxia

Looks... awful?

I don't know what's about those super clean visuals. They have bad or no shading and remind me of some crappy old flash games.

Original version looks much better.
It gave me a flash vibe too. HD 2D games often have this cheap look for some reason, maybe it's the lack of details.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Looks... awful?

I don't know what's about those super clean visuals. They have bad or no shading and remind me of some crappy old flash games.

Original version looks much better.
Agreed, it is probably to expensive to produce the old school look and detail at a high resolution… maybe one day AI will really save us there…

nkarafo

Pretty damn good for a Disney game and graphically impressive for a late gen Genesis game.

Disney games were almost always good on the Genesis/Mega Drive. I would say Gargoyles ranks a bit lower in the list. Even the graphics aren't as impressive as something like Aladdin or Mickey Mania.

It looks exactly like the animated series, don't know what you had in mind, really. Maybe some more work on the backgrounds, but the characters are fine.

Last edited:

Dr. Suchong

Hmmm, Duck Tales Remastered looked great vs the 8-bit game, but in this case the 16-bit graphics were ridiculously good and the remaster looks a bit bland from these clips. Disney Interactive Studios were crazy good with graphics in that period.
I would literally kill for a Quackshot remaster.
I heard one got canned or put on hold some time ago.
Think it was Lizardcube working on it iirc.

Top Bottom