• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gauntlet Seven sorrows close to being axed totally?

Andrew2 said:
Its in regard to the PC version, but this is one trend I hope spill over into the console version. This turd of a game thats already a bastardized Gauntlet doesn't need to exist.

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=59097

No clue if the new Gauntlet is good or bad but "bastardized?" Please tell me you didn't think the last few go-rounds were "true" Gauntlets. Unless huge afros were part of the original legacy.

At least this new game has Warrior/Wizard/Valkyrie/Elf.

I watched a Seven Sorrows gameplay movie over at GameTrailers and I wasn't impressed...Which is a shame since I was looking forward to the game. But now with Romero gone, and the lackluster gameplay movie I'm not so sure.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
ToyMachine228 said:
I watched a Seven Sorrows gameplay movie over at GameTrailers and I wasn't impressed...Which is a shame since I was looking forward to the game. But now with Romero gone, and the lackluster gameplay movie I'm not so sure.

Yea I couldn't believe how weak that video looked, there was literally no AI. Not enemies blindly rushing towards the player, but no AI, it just ran back and forth over a 2 foot area <---> over and over nowhere near the player.

Quartet

why not screw all this and do it hi rez 2D.

would cost close to nothing, return on inverstment would be great enought to not need big sale.

hardcore gamer would be happy

casual gamer would be happy to be able to pic a simple game again

port for handheld would be easy to pull

4 player mode would rock

what would be the feature? make it the game with the most cavern voice commentator sample ever! make it the game with the more sprite ever with metal slug type of animation quality. Add a shmup powerup system and many end boss.

Quartet said:
why not screw all this and do it hi rez 2D.

would cost close to nothing, return on inverstment would be great enought to not need big sale.

hardcore gamer would be happy

casual gamer would be happy to be able to pic a simple game again

port for handheld would be easy to pull

4 player mode would rock

what would be the feature? make it the game with the most cavern voice commentator sample ever! make it the game with the more sprite ever with metal slug type of animation quality. Add a shmup powerup system and many end boss.

Wow. What a post. I am sure that game will sell millions :rolleyes: I am amazed Midway is not making it right now.

FirstInHell said:
Wow. What a post. I am sure that game will sell millions :rolleyes: I am amazed Midway is not making it right now.

You always brings such a sense of community to GAF, FirstInHell. I know when I see the nun with the goiter, I'm in for a treat.

Top Bottom