• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GC version of MMAC = now worthless!

wipeout364

Was that the whole video on the gamecube? I just bought the PS2 version due to all the complaining about the GC one. The video was great but it was pretty short.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Didn't someone say G4 provided some content as bonus material on MMAC? So MMAC is now worthless because you can watch this footage for free?

Crispy

The people interviewed by G4 don't like the X series on the SNES because it's too hard?!?!?! What's up with that? Each of the NES games is at least five times as hard as all three X games put together!!

kiryogi

Banned
Well, some folks may never get around to using dash as much or learning its advanced uses. Not to mention Mavericks had much more active patterns compared to their NES buddies (Robot Masters) You're really required to manuever a bit more in X.

I never knew the Megaman clip was the exact same thing as the Megaman episode of "Icons" - it's not even exclusive to the game! I grabbed it from Usenet - a far higher quality rip, incidentally - many months back.

If you guys are into this show, and can bear the horrible Mt Dew Commercial Gen-X-guy narrator, you should check out other episodes of Icons. They're all pretty equally good (except when they feature copious amounts of Tommy Tallarico footage, which is all too often), and are posted as they air on alt.binaries.emulators.misc. Reposts pop up periodically, too.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
kiryogi said:
Well, some folks may never get around to using dash as much or learning its advanced uses. Not to mention Mavericks had much more active patterns compared to their NES buddies (Robot Masters) You're really required to manuever a bit more in X.

See? I LOVED the dash to death. So much so that I've had a hard time getting back into older MM games. Dashing and wall grabbing is so incredibly awesome and really make the X games stand out.

kiryogi

Banned
NotMSRP said:
There needs to be a bittorrent for the lazy. No newsgroups.
Well if you paid attention to my post in the other topic or Justin's here... :p and don't go direct linking.

dark10x said:
See? I LOVED the dash to death. So much so that I've had a hard time getting back into older MM games. Dashing and wall grabbing is so incredibly awesome and really make the X games stand out.

Aye me too, but slide is a decent equilvalent, well its probably what dash evolved from.

Crispy

dark10x said:

Indeed! It came to a point where I wouldn't jump without dashing :p

I'd love to set up an Icons torrent, but at 3 GB per season (season 2 alone has 22 episodes) it'd be just a bit much for my 30k/sec upstream. If anyone wants to help me get it going, though, we might be able to work something out. I think a lot of people would enjoy them.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
I'd happily leave a torrent running for a season of icons, but I only have an u/l stream of ~30k/sec, so I couldn't be a primary seeder.

Of course, if several people pitched in, it wouldn't be a problem :p

Top Bottom