• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I have upgraded to the remastered version of Tlou2 and now i have two icons of Tlou2!

luca_29_bg

I have upgraded to the remastered version my ps4 disc version of the Tlou2 and now when i turn on my ps5 i have two icons of Tlo2 with the ps4 version saying "copy paused". If i delete the game, at the next turn on of the ps5 the icon it's still there with the same message! What the hell sony! There is a fix for this ? :/
lguAuQW.jpg

luca_29_bg

That’s normal, it’s the ps4 version on the disc. The icon will go once you remove the disc.

But i don't want the ps4 version to show up in my home, that's the point! I want just the ps5 version remastered, i can't believe that sony think this a normal behavior, for any other digital version of a ps4 game, when ther is the upgrade to the ps5 version, the ps4 version can be uninstalled and disapper! They have to put an option even for the disc version of the games, otherwise this mess up the home and it's confusing as hell! :/

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
This is dramatic as fuck. One says remastered in orange and one doesn't, how is that confusing?

There's nothing to fix. Your PS4 disc acts as a key for the digital remastered version, and the PS5 shows you that there's a disc inserted when there's one inserted That is the definition of normal behaviour.

Last edited:

luca_29_bg

This is dramatic as fuck. One says remastered in orange and one doesn't, how is that confusing?

There's nothing to fix. Your PS4 disc acts as a key for the digital remastered version, and the PS5 shows you that there's a disc inserted when there's one inserted That is the definition of normal behaviour.
Nope, this happens only because i deleted the ps4 version, and now the icon appear in front of all the other games, but when the ps4 version is installed, the disc version act like any other digital game! With the ps4 disc version installed, there is no icon in front of all the other icons when i turn on my ps5. At least an option to hide the icon from the home it would be really appreciate! But i guess the only solution is to buy the digital ps4 version, right ? I can use the remastered version and uninstall the ps4 digital version in that case ?

Last edited:

ahtlas7

Did something similar with Ghost of Tsushima when upgrading from PS4 disc to PS5 Director Cut. Both versions were on the hard drive.

Nope, this happens only because i deleted the ps4 version, and now the icon appear in front of all the other games, but when the ps4 version is installed, the disc version act like any other digital game! With the ps4 disc version installed, there is no icon in front of all the other icons when i turn on my ps5. At least an option to hide the icon from the home it would be really appreciate! But i guess the only solution is to buy the digital ps4 version, right ? I can use the remastered version and uninstall the ps4 digital version in that case ?
You made a thread about not wanting a TLOU2 PS4 icon in your home screen? Am I understanding you correctly?

Beechos

I understand your pain op it's just how sony catalogs things with their file system annoying as fuck. This is nothing wait until you go from a disc version of a game to digital. You have to redownload the digital version of the same damn game to play it even if already have it installed from the disc version.

bender

What time is it?
I understand your pain op it's just how sony catalogs things with their file system annoying as fuck. This is nothing wait until you go from a disc version of a game to digital. You have to redownload the digital version of the same damn game to play it even if already have it installed from the disc version.

There is some benefit to allowing both versions of the same game on the system. FromSoftware's PS4 titles typically perform better on PS5 than the native versions.

But i don't want the ps4 version to show up in my home, that's the point! I want just the ps5 version remastered, i can't believe that sony think this a normal behavior, for any other digital version of a ps4 game, when ther is the upgrade to the ps5 version, the ps4 version can be uninstalled and disapper! They have to put an option even for the disc version of the games, otherwise this mess up the home and it's confusing as hell! :/
So you dont want the PS4 version to show up on your homepage? Cry me a river..
My God you are turning an musquito in to an elephant..Look its easy..theyr are two icons on your homepage..the first one is the remaster the second one is the PS4 version. Click on the first one, put in the PS4 disc and you are ready to go.
Its easy, a child could do that.🙄

Last edited:
OP this isn't a big deal. You can delete the PS4 version at any time. Insert your disc, go to the homescreen, delete the PS4 version. The PS4 version should not try to install itself again unless/until you eject the disc from the drive and then reinsert it. When you are finished with the remaster, you can remove the disc. You should be able to disable auto-install when a disc is inserted in the system settings.

There is no requirement to have the PS4 version of the game installed to play the PS5 upgrade, only to have the disc in the drive as your key to authorize the PS5 version to play.

taizuke

It's a little bothersome for sure. I wish that it didn't reappear after deleting the icon. But, what can you do.

A way to fix this would be for the PS5 to give you the option not to read the disc at the startup. I think there is an option to not immediately play the disc but not the former.

ManaByte

Gold Member
There is a fix for this ? :/

No, it's done this since the console launched. If they intended to fix it they would've done so by now. I don't even bother with PS4 disc upgrades anymore. I think they're doing it on purpose to force people to just buy the digital version.

OP this isn't a big deal. You can delete the PS4 version at any time. Insert your disc, go to the homescreen, delete the PS4 version. The PS4 version should not try to install itself again unless/until you eject the disc from the drive and then reinsert it. When you are finished with the remaster, you can remove the disc. You should be able to disable auto-install when a disc is inserted in the system settings.

There is no requirement to have the PS4 version of the game installed to play the PS5 upgrade, only to have the disc in the drive as your key to authorize the PS5 version to play.

This is incorrect. You cannot stop the auto install. Some people don't have the storage space to have TWO versions of the same game installed. When you have the disc in the drive, the console will always try to install the PS4 version, even if you cancel it and then wake the system out of rest mode.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
It's been an annoying part of the PS5 since launch.

After looking at the comparisons between the original with patch and this one, I don't see why anyone would upgrade tbh. Seems like one of the biggest grifts in gaming history.

The remaster itself is not worth it by itself, but if you want the additional content then it is. That's hardly "the biggest grifts in gaming history". Come on.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
When I put my PS4 cyberpunk disc in this happens. Considering it's the only PS4 disc game I put into my PS5 I'm just going to live with it until the digital version with the expansion is under $20.

At least they fixed the issue where it automatically installs the PS4 version of a game you bought a PS5 upgrade for when you put the disc in. Now that was truly annoying.

BlackTron

Imagine if this same scenario existed with say Elden Ring. You may have chosen, perhaps post-upgrading, that you wanted to play the PS4 version at solid 60 instead of PS5 version. But your PS5 just never gave you the most basic option of running a game of a disc you inserted ever again. I'm not saying playing an older version of a game you upgraded is something you are likely to do often, but holding on to the basic function of playing a disc you put in is probably uh....good? Don't mess with it?

2 and 2 Remastered are different titles. Having one may have entitled you to a cheaper license to the other one, but they're still different titles. I don't want my console merging games from different freaking platforms trying to assume which one I want to launch.

Three

There is a fix for this ? :/
lguAuQW.jpg
No, it's the inserted disc always showing and you have a digital version of a "different" PS5 game now. There might be a workaround to get rid of it if it bothers you but I'm not sure if inserted discs override it. Install it then hide the old game:

DaGwaphics

Wait, they are forcing you to pay for the upgrade even though you don't need it? Why, that's terrible

Most grifts aren't forced, it's a term used to denote swindling. Like, from say advertising a product as a "remaster" when it is 90% identical to the previous version. LOL

Aenima

Because when the console reads the disk it identifies the disk as being the PS4 version of the game, cuz thats the disk inserted in the console. It happens to me too with NMS. Its annoying but dont think thers nothing you can do.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

This is incorrect. You cannot stop the auto install. Some people don't have the storage space to have TWO versions of the same game installed. When you have the disc in the drive, the console will always try to install the PS4 version, even if you cancel it and then wake the system out of rest mode.
You can. I have Cyberpunk disk in, the icon shows but there's no PS4 game installed (and no size), if I remove the disc it disappears. I don't know if it's a setting I have changed but it doesn't auto install PS4 games to mine. I think it's because the PS5 version is installed.

Last edited:

midnightAI

Most grifts aren't forced, it's a term used to denote swindling. Like, from say advertising a product as a "remaster" when it is 90% identical to the previous version. LOL
I know what grift means. So the whole extra game mode No Return and the additional cut stuff were in the previous version? People aren't being swindled, you are talking shit. The vast majority of people are buying this for the additional content not for any graphical updates (they are there just nothing major) ... LOL

And again, if you don't like it, don't buy it, it's very simple.

Last edited:

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Boot up a bunch of other games on your system and then boot the ps5 version of LoU2. That should push the old version icon off of your main UI screen….maybe lol

I think it you remove the disc and then put the disc back in, that will put it back there though. This is a just a theoretical post of course. Only time I’ve ever done this was with the Borderlands 3 disc, and I can’t remember. Plus I don’t think I would have cared too much, it’s just an icon on a screen I don’t look at.

Last edited:

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
When I put my PS4 cyberpunk disc in this happens. Considering it's the only PS4 disc game I put into my PS5 I'm just going to live with it until the digital version with the expansion is under $20.

At least they fixed the issue where it automatically installs the PS4 version of a game you bought a PS5 upgrade for when you put the disc in. Now that was truly annoying.
That auto install of the ps4 version was annoying as all hell lol

luca_29_bg

So you dont want the PS4 version to show up on your homepage? Cry me a river..
My God you are turning an musquito in to an elephant..Look its easy..theyr are two icons on your homepage..the first one is the remaster the second one is the PS4 version. Click on the first one, put in the PS4 disc and you are ready to go.
Its easy, a child could do that.🙄
I don't want to put the disc when i want to play Tlo2 remaster, same for the ps4 version, so i leave the disc always inside! And no the first one is the ps4 version disc based with the installation paused!

luca_29_bg

No, it's the inserted disc always showing and you have a digital version of a "different" PS5 game now. There might be a workaround to get rid of it if it bothers you but I'm not sure if inserted discs override it. Install it then hide the old game:

I don't want to have both version installed, i need space in my ssd for other games, i simply don't want the ps4 version! Unbelievable the sony think this is the correct way to manage the upgrade from disc ps4 version of a game to the ps5 version remastered/whatever!

luca_29_bg

Boot up a bunch of other games on your system and then boot the ps5 version of LoU2. That should push the old version icon off of your main UI screen….maybe lol

I think it you remove the disc and then put the disc back in, that will put it back there though. This is a just a theoretical post of course. Only time I’ve ever done this was with the Borderlands 3 disc, and I can’t remember. Plus I don’t think I would have cared too much, it’s just an icon on a screen I don’t look at.
I will try, thank you! Yes it's just an icon, i know, but it's annoying me! :(

luca_29_bg

You can. I have Cyberpunk disk in, the icon shows but there's no PS4 game installed (and no size), if I remove the disc it disappears. I don't know if it's a setting I have changed but it doesn't auto install PS4 games to mine. I think it's because the PS5 version is installed.
Same for me with Tlou2 disc ps4 version!

Reaseru

I remember the first ui version of the ps5 interface had the option to select which version you wanted to appear in home, but somehow they removed that. They should bring that back.

It would simplify a lot the interface of many users that have the ps4 physical version, but also upgraded to the ps5 version.

luca_29_bg

I remember the first ui version of the ps5 interface had the option to select which version you wanted to appear in home, but somehow they removed that. They should bring that back.

It would simplify a lot the interface of many users that have the ps4 physical version, but also upgraded to the ps5 version.
So there was an option and then they removed it ? Unbelievable they are geniuses! o_O

I hate that shit. I got the digital version of FFVII Remaster for owning the physical version of it on PS4, but every time I tried to play it I had to put in the PS4 disc, and even though I'd always delete the PS4 version while starting to play the PS5 digital version, it would automatically re-download the PS4 version. lol what a shitshow.

luca_29_bg

I know that the ps4 version is not needed to be installed, but the point is that i leave the disc on because i don't like to put it on or off, i'm a lazy bum that why i have digital all of my games, Tlou2 it was a gift, and since i had it, i left the disc inserted, so when i want to play it, i can without any trouble. Now it's just the annoying Ui stuff that bothers me, i can live with it of course, but it's still annoying!

Top Bottom