• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 - Multi-GPU support, 2 new maps and seasons kicks off with May update

Theorry

New maps. Dawn and Security

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi8nQDsDNvw

Gears-4-Dawn.jpg

Gears-4-Security.jpg

Multi-GPU Support Arrives on Windows 10

We are excited to announce that Multi-GPU support arrives with the May Update for our Windows 10 players! Our Windows 10 team have been hard at work implementing support for users who use multiple graphics card setups, and now fans can take full advantage of their setup to really push the stunning visuals of Gears of War 4.

Season 1 is Underway!

Last month, we launched our Seasons feature in Gears of War 4 alongside numerous Ranked Matchmaking improvements to provide better quality skill matchups.

At the beginning of each season, we reset your Tier in each playlist in order to re-evaluate your starting skill level for the month ahead. You’ll need to head back out there and complete your five placement matches for each playlist to earn your starting Tier, then win matches consistently in order to progress up the ranks.

However, with progress comes with rewards! Depending on your Tier placement at the end of the Season, you’ll earn parts of special Weapon Skin sets to take onto the battlefield. Check out the Diamond Weapon Skin set below – the ultimate prize for placing in the top echelon of players!

DiamondSkinSet.png

https://news.xbox.com/2017/05/01/gears-4-may-content-update/

VeeP

Since Gears 3 I hated the weapon skins in this game. I really wish I could just turn them off so I wouldn't have to see them in the game.

Besides that, I'm glad the Coalition is supporting this game. Keep up the great work.

Pooya

Is this the feature that let you use Intel HD graphics and your main GPU?

Interested to see how well it works.

Theorry

Since Gears 3 I hated the weapon skins in this game. I really wish I could just turn them off so I wouldn't have to see them in the game.

Besides that, I'm glad the Coalition is supporting this game. Keep up the great work.

Oh yeah the support has been great. Every month a update since release with new maps, features etc.

Man I'd really love the ability to turn off the garish skins. As dumb as it may sound on paper, it contributed to me stopping playing the game.

nowarning

Really enjoyed this game when it came out but I haven't played it in ages, will have to get it downloaded again.

TRios Zen

Man I'd really love the ability to turn off the garish skins. As dumb as it may sound on paper, it contributed to me stopping playing the game.

I get that different things effect people differently, but I honestly only notice weapon skins during the match countdown screen. Can't say I've ever really noticed an opponents weapon skin at all.

I love my Day of the Dead weapon skins, will craft more when I can!

More on topic - not sure how I feel about security - the lack of the mortar pains me here (as it does on dry dock).

I would love to get back into Gears 4 with the PC version, I just don't want to download 100GB of game data which would leave my internet crippled for an entire day.

I miss physical PC releases, man.

The skins suck, same in other games too. Just give 3 options -

Full Skins
Player Only Skins
Default Skins

Problem solved

shandy706

Is this the feature that let you use Intel HD graphics and your main GPU?

Interested to see how well it works.

Wait, what?

I want a link to this.

I'm curious how an i7 7700 with HD 630 would benefit my 980 Ti, if at all. Neat if it can offload something.
I'm guessing it's no real benefit.
Edit* Google is failing me.

VeeP

It's annoying, I agree with you. I really don't want to play Gears of War and see rainbow colored guns or other bullshit running around.

Fine, people want to buy them or use them, let them. But give me the option to turn it off on my end.

AlStrong

Wait, what?

I want a link to this.

I'm curious how an i7 7700 with HD 630 would benefit my 980 Ti, if at all. Neat if it can offload something.
I'm guessing it's no real benefit.
Edit* Google is failing me.

Heterogeneous multi-adapter, not that this update supports it.

Mupod

Don't mind me, just making another shitpost in a Gears 4 thread saying I won't buy it until multi-gpu is...wait, what?

Nere

Game is awesome but I have started dreading updates for this game because each update means another 10 gb taken from my hard drive...It already is 116 gb on pc.

I don't know, it makes spotting players that are trying to hide a lot easier when they have brightly colored weapons.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Oh nice, they brought back Security, which also might mean other Gears 2 maps are in the works as well.

Would love to see River come back.

Top Bottom