• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Fuz

Banned
Miho is just being cheap and doesn't want our teapots taking too much of their servers capacities?
Actually very likely. In most MMOs you lose your house after not logging for a certain period of time.

Thinking about it... if that's the case, then I prefer having the load limit.
One of the reasons I never went back to LotRO was that I lost my house after a few months away - and I put a lot of effort into it.

Pejo

Gold Member
Not that I'm complaining too much about what we got for the teapot, but sometimes I wish there was just a house you could put somewhere in the game world, without a huge yard. The size of the mansion is more than enough for me. Then give us more generic furniture, but allow us to make cooler stuff out of boss/event items. FFXIV did this right, I feel.

It's overall more limiting, but when they unlock new teapot layouts, it's currently extremely daunting to put the effort in to rebuild everything from scratch a 4th/5th time.

Fuz

Banned
Oh, Ayaka is pretty damn great. Shame that swords feel kinda weak and her dodge is annoying to use. She and Mona should have a different skill for press/hold for dodge.

It's overall more limiting, but when they unlock new teapot layouts, it's currently extremely daunting to put the effort in to rebuild everything from scratch a 4th/5th time.
I think I've read somewhere that they're gonna give us our custom item sets. Problem solved.

Last edited:

Fake

I not a huge fan of mod dash, but Ayaka is indeed powerful. I watch my brother fight with her, pretty decent.

If Ayako was not a Claymore gonna trade for Mona instead.

Saber

I'm basically a full trained simp of Ayaka. I could literally fight them blindfolded.
Put that in conjuction with Sucrose, Beidou and Barbara and the power levels of simps are at maximum. Bonus points to having Kaeya, even though I don't like his sword one bit, I'm already used to massive spam of skills and bursts, making the fight relativelly easy for me. Its just like I'm playing my team, just weaker.

Pejo

Gold Member
I'm basically a full trained simp of Ayaka. I could literally fight them blindfolded.
Put that in conjuction with Sucrose, Beidou and Barbara and the power levels of simps are at maximum. Bonus points to having Kaeya, even though I don't like his sword one bit, I'm already used to massive spam of skills and bursts, making the fight relativelly easy for me. Its just like I'm playing my team, just weaker.
Isn't there an option to use your own characters/gear? The first Misty Dungeon had it.

Saber

Isn't there an option to use your own characters/gear? The first Misty Dungeon had it.

I don't think so...which is strange.

The only downside on this is playing as Sara. Her burst is ok but seriously...how the heck does her skill work?

Fuz

Banned
how the heck does her skill work
If not C2, you use her skill then shoot a charged shot. That charged shot will set a trap that explodes dealing electro damage AND buffing whoever is inside the explosion.
If you have C2 you also set a trap when backstepping.

She's annoying as fuck to play in a solo comp, but I actually like her and find her fun in co-op. There are a number of characters that suck ass solo but are better in co-op (Kakkomi for example).

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Fuck, really? What kind of bullshit is that.
You keep only your constellations.

Needless to say that "not my" Baal felt much better than "not my" Ayaka.

Baal used the Catch, Ayaka used Inazuma's 4☆ katana.

Both were at lvl 80 with 8 8 8 talents.

BlackM1st

Banned
She's annoying as fuck to play in a solo comp, but I actually like and find her fun in co-op.
Yeah, or you just C6 her like I did lmao

Also: C6 Ningg! F yeah!

Also: R5 Raven bow! F YEAH!!

Now I need to level up even more stuff! FUCK... ME!

Pejo

Gold Member
Man, I don't know how they did it, but they totally ruined Misty Dungeon for me. It's just so pointless now. There's no need to run around for buffs, there's no real exploration since the arenas are standardized and shrunken. The traps are less deadly, the buffs don't matter, and they force you into a certain strategy for each level due to extremely limited elemental selection.

The only positive change is that the timer related rewards are gone, so you can take your time and piss about.

I don't think a single one of their rerun event types have been better than the originals. Certainly not this one, I actually had a lot of fun in Misty Dungeon 1.0. Fuckers.

Also Theater McANUS sucks. Hope we don't get a 3rd one of those. Unrelated to my other issues I just hate that event type.

BlackM1st

Banned
It's just so pointless now.
Yeah, exactly haha

Nothing really matters in this event. I completed the freeze "challenge" in the very first room.

With Ayaka VS WATER BUBBLES xD

Anger Rip GIF by BabylonBee

Well, that's one way to show her strength xD

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
Man, I don't know how they did it, but they totally ruined Misty Dungeon for me. It's just so pointless now.
What stood out to me is that there wasn't any context as to why we're entering this dungeon or how we're getting in there. I don't know if that was previously the case, but all other events have some kind of basis in the game world. Disappointing.

The event itself is whatever. I was never a big fan of it. It's cool that I was able to play Ayaka and Mona again. It's hard to get a feel for them though due to their random weapons, unknown artifacts and the bonuses they give you in the dungeon.

BlackM1st

Banned
It's cool that I was able to play Ayaka and Mona again. It's hard to get a feel for them though due to their random weapons
Mona is just a skill/ult spam bot. Nothing there to "feel" or learn, really.

Ayaka... Well, her weapon isn't so random tbh. It's her best F2P weapon and mechanically it works similarly to her 5☆ Sword. So you really want to have it on her and at R5. Either way, her rotation directly depends on her weapon of choice.

So I would recommend to just run her dungeon a couple more times and learn a very easy rotation.

It's not EULA'S combos, lol.

In fact I mostly spam charged ATK and do a proper rotation only on bosses/bounty targets.

At C0 and with her 5☆ sword she's way more impressive than for example newly released 5☆ claymore Oni at C6. She's incredibly fast at hits like a train + has the best element: CRYO.

Just don't forget to use her dash and you are good to go.

Overall she's very straightforward and very easy to learn and master character. A perfect melee hero. She's 2nd only to Cocogoat.

Fuz

Banned
Itto is amazing. You guys are missing out.

Please talk me and my 65 wishes left out of the idea of pulling for the Redhorn. :messenger_loudly_crying:

BlackM1st

Banned
Itto is fun but can't waste wishes on him..
He's dumb lol.

Anyway, looks like his banner is way bellow previous double banners. He's not a total bomb, just a very average hero, nothing too good or too bad.

Hu Tao and Homa was absolutely massive. And Tart is just a troll at this point...

XQejwE8.jpg
LNJ6LWu.jpg
aiiLKgu.jpg

Itto is amazing. You guys are missing out.

LOLNO, nobody's missing anything without him.

Please talk me and my 65 wishes left out of the idea of pulling for the Redhorn. :messenger_loudly_crying:
GI is only on second place in the overall revenue in November. Support the little guy man, pull more!

Seriously speaking tho: his sword is absolutely beastly on C6 Noelle. That's already a good enough reason to pull. Plus, secondary bow is a fantastic weapon for any bow user.

Fuz

Banned
LOLNO, nobody's missing anything without him.
Yeah, sorry mate, but your opinion is worth nothing. You play an excel spreadsheet, not a game.
D8TTC.gif

Seriously speaking tho: his sword is absolutely beastly on C6 Noelle. That's already a good enough reason to pull. Plus, secondary bow is a fantastic weapon for any bow user.
I already have that bow. I'm taking it into account so I feel less inclined to pull.

BlackM1st

Banned
Yeah, sorry mate, but your opinion is worth nothing. You play an excel spreadsheet, not a game.
D8TTC.gif
That's the best way to play, you don't understand!!!111 xD

Excited Nerd GIF by HannahWitton

Numbers never lie.

I already have that bow. I'm taking it into account so I feel less inclined to pull.
I see. Well, it's a 100% gamble regardless if you already have it.

Remember, I wasted hard pity and got fucking 3rd random option on Homa banner lmao Xiao's spear that I got is the best worst case scenario, but it's ain't no Homa.

In the same time if you're such a simp for him and don't care about Cocogoat, what's the point in waiting for her rerun?

We already know all future banners and nothing on them looks even remotely interesting to your tastes. I mean you can always go for Xiao's Constellations, but who really needs them?

Oni's sword has a whopping 80 C.dmg and despite low ATK it will provide an immense power increase for him. Plus , you don't like the looks of the only viable alternative : R5 SS. And R5 SS is a paid only option.

• Empathy
Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned
In the same time if you're such a simp for him and don't care about Cocogoat, what's the point in waiting for her rerun?

We already know all future banners and nothing on them looks even remotely interesting to your tastes. I mean you can always go for Xiao's Constellations, but who really needs them?
Need Long Dong Zhong right now, or I would already have burned all my resources
svej4.gif

I really need another bow prototype.
I got, like, 12 unused. Trading for claymore prototype.

BlackM1st

Banned
Itto might be one of the worst 5 stars so far.
He's definitely somewhere around the bottom level , yeah. Good thing (?) is that GI is playable and beatable even with a low resources investment standard 4☆. Everything else is a matter of taste or the lack of thereof.

Pejo

Gold Member
Yeah, pyro... Definitely the reason people pulled for her...

I mean look at dem fireworks 🎆
I actually am really happy with Yoimiya. I was up on her kit before she released, then her character quest came and I didn't like her, then her banner came and I did the trial and didn't really like her, but ended up pulling for a copy anyways.

After building her, she's been an absolute MVP in a few scenarios, and she pairs extraordinarily well with my Tart. Absolutely melts single target bosses too. She's probably my strongest single target damage character overall, and synergizes with Shogun to an insane degree for her niche.

Still, bow auto attacks suck ass with the inability to aim them and for them to miss if an enemy slightly moves to the left or right, and her ER sucks, doubly so with her artifact set. She also loses about 95% HP when a harder hitting enemy even looks at her. Pretty well balanced, all things considered.

Also, yea she's cute.

WgMu97C.png

Out of all the 5*s that I either pulled or played extensively in trials, my least favorite (not the worst, just the ones I had the least fun with).

• Klee - hate her attack animations and the jump cancel stuff. Don't like that her burst stops when she exits the field. Don't like the movement of the kid characters in the overworld.
  • Xiao - toilet plunging gameplay doesn't interest me, his dashes had too long of a cooldown. HP loss mechanics are never fun for me. English VA is a woman for no good reason.
  • Hu Tao - 4* kit, including a standard spear dash charge attack as her primary source of damage. HP loss mechanic. Shame too, I love her voice actresses and design and character.
  • Ayaka - They improved the underground dash thing quite a bit since Mona's at launch, but it still feels bad to play. She's really strong but all of her attacks feel stubby except the charge attack, which is admittedly pretty satisfying.
  • Itto - Just feels like a worse element Diluc that hits faster. I do like his little bull move a lot though, it's pretty satisfying to use.

Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned
IIRC you were saying the same things about Kazuha at his release.

Itto - Just feels like a worse element Diluc that hits faster. I do like his little bull move a lot though, it's pretty satisfying to use.
Agree on the others... you got Itto or just tried him in the trail/character quest?

Last edited:
Top Bottom