• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

SSfox

Now for the big question.

Go for style over substance
Itto-01.jpg

Or craft a Whiteblind in a game that clearly knows what I want and hates me?
Itto-02.jpg

Bruh you have some tasty moras right there.

About weapon, i'm thinking about giving him the WB. Have one on Noelle already gonna give it to Itto and give to Noelle the prototype.

Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned
Was him on DEF mechanic boost?

Would be better a DEF secondary?
Yeah, he uses DEF. That's why I was thinking about Whiteblind.

His ER looks pretty bad from the demo videos I've seen, but either way you're going to need high refines on either of those crafted claymores. You could use Sac Greatsword and shit out a bunch of little bull guys, that might be fun.

Do you do the BP? If so, that claymore should be pretty good.
Sac greatsword defies both STYLE (katana) and SUBSTANCE (def claymore). So nope.
No, I don't have that claymore from BP - too ugly. I paid for BP 3 times only (and still regret it) and got sword, bow and polearm. I only use the bow, I really like its effect... sword, no one to give it to and polearm... too ugly.

Pejo

Gold Member

Sac greatsword defies both STYLE (katana) and SUBSTANCE (def claymore). So nope.
No, I don't have that claymore from BP - too ugly. I paid for BP 3 times only (and still regret it) and got sword, bow and polearm. I only use the bow, I really like its effect... sword, no one to give it to and polearm... too ugly.
Well you could have both style and substance. All you need is this quest item.

Esyv8sIUUAIjMrr.jpg

Fake

Whiteblind is by far the best. If he can make basic attacks very quick (I already saw him attack like beast), I can't imagine a better sword for him, unless you're looking for use elemental skill/elemental burst.

He can maintain his buff for a long time. If you have enough prototypes, rank at 5 he will get a decent boost.

Will vary between your playerstyle. I prefer myself using basic attacks rather than spaming skills/burst with some chars, unless their base is heavily skill focused, like for example Xingu not 'attacking' oriented.

Last edited:

Fake

lol, didn't you see the image I posted?
2Rce3.gif

So, rank 2.

Not so good, well its up to you. I really hate leaving weapons at low rank, besides 5* weapons.

Shame we can't trade prototypes with each other. It's what I'm asking now on the feedback.

• Empathy

Pejo

Gold Member
So, rank 2.

Not so good, well its up to you. I really hate leaving weapons at low rank, besides 5* weapons.

Shame we can't trade prototypes with each other. It's what I'm asking now on the feedback.
That's how you end up with bots and CN companies selling prototypes with real money.

I always kinda hoped they'd switch weekly boss drops to be a new shop currency that you can spend on whatever you want. Like say 1 kill of Dvalin level 90 gets me 50 Dvalin bux. Then you have a shop that sells Dvalin talent materials for 20 Dvalin bux, misc. gemstones, ore, xp writs etc for various amounts, and a prototype selector for 200. That way every 4 weeks you guarantee some sort of progress not related to RNG.

Fuz

Banned
I forgot I had a Skyward Pride
cikYa.gif

Still gonna use the katana for style toh
2Rce3.gif
at least for now.
Tbh, I actually like ER on him, his burst is almost always up and that's tons of damage.

Anyway, Itto is really great so far, has great animations, superlative superstrenght mechanics are tons of fun and does much more damage than I thought, considering I haven't minmaxed much yet. Still can't explain the bull, feels so out of context in his kit. His twig arms are really a shame, though, more of the rest of "small details" in his design... they just don't fit him well at all.
His story quest is also surprisingly... not bad (and mihoyo *gasp* even wasted precious resources to model the blue oni!
3PE9o.gif
).

Pejo

Gold Member
Dunno about the geo dude, but Skyward works like a dream on Dilluc.
Yea I used to use Skyward on my Eula before I got broken pines. Now I don't know who to give it to. Razor I or Beidou I guess. It's a nice universal weapon.

Pejo

Gold Member
I would recommend Beidou because Razor works best with physical damage if I remember right.
Yep he does, but the wind slashes from Skyward Pride also count as physical damage, so they get the Superconduct bonuses as well, and Razor is all about normal attack combos. It's good for either of them really, but I play Beidou almost 100% off-field, so I still like the craftable Inazuma claymore for her. Fits her kit (and aesthetic) really well.

Played around with Itto in the trial tonight for a while. He's ok. Took me a bit to realize that his charge attack is different than all the other claymores and how he utilizes that Superstrength buff. He's another Ungabunga damage character like Diluc, with a slightly more active kit. Not ultra impressed, but let's see what the playerbase can come up with for him.

Fake

Yep he does, but the wind slashes from Skyward Pride also count as physical damage, so they get the Superconduct bonuses as well, and Razor is all about normal attack combos. It's good for either of them really, but I play Beidou almost 100% off-field, so I still like the craftable Inazuma claymore for her. Fits her kit (and aesthetic) really well.

Played around with Itto in the trial tonight for a while. He's ok. Took me a bit to realize that his charge attack is different than all the other claymores and how he utilizes that Superstrength buff. He's another Ungabunga damage character like Diluc, with a slightly more active kit. Not ultra impressed, but let's see what the playerbase can come up with for him.

Not a huge fan of him getting resistence and physical decrease, but I never saw a claymore user attacking so fast.

Maybe that 5* claymore that Eula use could make him even more fast.

SSfox

Didn't have a lot of time to play yesterday, was able to lvl Itto to 60, can't wait to go back home and lvl him up, hes so much fun, godlike animations and looks super cool 😎

• Strength

crumbs

Finished the Inazuma archon quest last night:

1. I tried to avoid spoilers, but I knew that we fight Signora and that she was the new weekly boss, but I wasn't expecting her to get cashiered by the Shogun's puppet. So much for her on a future banner (which would basically be like printing money), but maybe MiHoYo starts to make dead or past lore characters available on future banners?
2. During the post-fight convo with Yae, she dumps a ton of lore on the MC, like confirming the theories about Scaramouche. Glad for the info, but it was kinda an awkward way to do it.
3. Starting to regret not playing when the Shogun was on a banner :messenger_neutral:

Fake

That one only boosts normal attack speed, not charged or burst attacks. Not great for Itto. C2 Jean ought to do it though.

How can he get stacks?

I will still recommend that 4* claymore because their stacks refresh if you keep hiting your enemy.

1. I tried to avoid spoilers, but I knew that we fight Signora and that she was the new weekly boss, but I wasn't expecting her to get cashiered by the Shogun's puppet. So much for her on a future banner (which would basically be like printing money), but maybe MiHoYo starts to make dead or past lore characters available on future banners?
2. During the post-fight convo with Yae, she dumps a ton of lore on the MC, like confirming the theories about Scaramouche. Glad for the info, but it was kinda an awkward way to do it.
3. Starting to regret not playing when the Shogun was on a banner :messenger_neutral:

Signora, as much is a mega waifu potential and if follow her desilusion, will be a Cryo Catalyst and MiHoYo is afraid of making her extremely unbalanced.
As I said before here, I would paid for the first time 'IF' Signora get a banner.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
How can he get stacks?
With normal attacks it's on his 2nd and 4th hit. During his burst (which as I understand is the only way you should be using him) it's his 1st and 3rd attack. Technically you could use Eula's sword to get those stacks a bit quicker, but the effect is then lost when you consume those stacks with charged attacks or when you use the burst.

The 4 star claymores seem a better option for him, though I'm sure someone has crunched the numbers to figure out what weapons work best on Itto.

Fake

With normal attacks it's on his 2nd and 4th hit. During his burst (which as I understand is the only way you should be using him) it's his 1st and 3rd attack. Technically you could use Eula's sword to get those stacks a bit quicker, but the effect is then lost when you consume those stacks with charged attacks or when you use the burst.

The 4 star claymores seem a better option for him, though I'm sure someone has crunched the numbers to figure out what weapons work best on Itto.

The problem is looks a bad PR for him saying he 'is fast with claymore', when in fact is a charged attack modification.

I played with him today, looks like Eula still more fast than him on normal attacks. IDK, maybe the second or the third best claymore for him?

Wolf's Gravestone rank 5 probably the best Claymore for every Claymore user.

Pejo

Gold Member

Yea the Signora death was pretty clear, which bummed out a lot of people. They even flash the words similar to "SIGNORA WAS SLAIN" in big letters in the middle of the screen. I have to wonder if that's not related to a death in one of their other games that they danced around for years and pissed off a lot of fans about (myself included). The Yae lore dump, while interesting, definitely was a cheap way to do it. That was one of my problems with the quest too. Everything felt so rushed after Act 1. The worst part is there was no reason that they HAD to rush it. Hell the Resistance was already over 1 or 2 quests after we joined them. Shogun will probably be back in 2.6 or 2.7, I'd say definitely before we leave Inazuma for the next area. But yea, she's good and fun to use.

*edit*

Looks like Dendro will soon be on the menu.

krn2v3a6un581.jpg

Last edited:

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
The problem is looks a bad PR for him saying he 'is fast with claymore', when in fact is a charged attack modification.
I guess it does. It's just another example of minute details potentially having big consequences. Reminds me of the Beido + Shogun debacle.

Happy to finally see Dendro take some shape. It was to be expected they'd introduce it before Sumeru, but it's good to see real progress. I wonder if they're gunning for 2.5.

Pejo

Gold Member
I guess it does. It's just another example of minute details potentially having big consequences. Reminds me of the Beido + Shogun debacle.

Happy to finally see Dendro take some shape. It was to be expected they'd introduce it before Sumeru, but it's good to see real progress. I wonder if they're gunning for 2.5.
2.4 beta updates just finished, so it'll be about 20 days until we get the final version of 2.4 in the test clients. The after 2.4 launches, we'll see what's in 2.5, but yea it's looking likely.

BlackM1st

Banned
You guys picked the short straw. I got the best part of this fuckers banner...

his sword ;P

Jokes on you mwuahahah

Shogun will probably be back in 2.6 or 2.7, I'd say definitely before we leave Inazuma for the next area. But yea, she's good and fun to use.
She's worth it even at C0, at C3 and with her spear...

Pejo

Gold Member
You guys picked the short straw. I got the best part of this fuckers banner...

his sword ;P

Jokes on you mwuahahah
IkVUZAf0QszJNaCfKyHY_kgFetaDKiwKPJernjzbhps.jpg

Looks like that treasure hunter Bao'er or whatever is finally going to join in the fight to try to take down an interdimensional being that has slain dragons, defeated archons, etc.

qwnpbop77q581.jpg

wa6vylp77q581.jpg

5qqijnp77q581.jpg

Look out, she's got an axe!
3it9hmp77q581.jpg

Pejo

Gold Member
Real talk, I would love to get Axe as a weapon, as long as it's sufficiently different as a weapon than sword/claymore. I like what Nioh 2 did and made them like a dual wield weapon that you can throw, like a tomahawk.

crumbs

Real talk, I would love to get Axe as a weapon, as long as it's sufficiently different as a weapon than sword/claymore. I like what Nioh 2 did and made them like a dual wield weapon that you can throw, like a tomahawk.
Yes, making axes a hybrid weapon that you could use for melee, but also aim as a ranged weapon would be interesting. It's also a good way to avoid ending up too similar to swords or claymores.

They would need to balance them, so the ranged mode would be limited vs bows.

As for the Bao'er pics, is that supposed to be an elite treasure hunter group? Didn't we fight a female treasure hunter leader early in the game, or am I mis-remembering?

Last edited:

Fake

Not only axe, but hammer and blunt as well. Just for a change.

Its just to silly selling a Oni dude with a club in his artwork while he using a giant sword.

My fear was saying something like that on the feedback and they start to selling skins for the weapons in the game.

Fuz

Banned
Gimme a dual blades non-waifu assassin.

My fear was saying something like that on the feedback and they start to selling skins for the weapons in the game.
I wish we had weapon skins.
In DFFOO you can buy special (so far, all silly) weapon skins from the store, but you can also override your weapon appearance with any other weapon you have unlocked. Best QoL we ever had.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
axes a hybrid weapon that you could use for melee, but also aim as a ranged weapon would be interesting
War Fight GIF by Hunchback Music

Didn't we fight a female treasure hunter leader early in the game,
Nope, only written notes and her subordinates talking about her

Axe as a weapon

Probably too much work for not enough difference. They throw clubs and claymores together for a reason.

BlackM1st

Banned
Gimme a dual blades non-waifu assassin.

d4ugz5f-a430e3fa-d21d-4bbd-9144-e26022a0d12c.jpg

Why Not Have Both Government Shutdown GIF

In DFFOO you can buy special (so far, all silly) weapon skins from the store, but you can also override your weapon appearance with any other weapon you have unlocked. Best QoL we ever had.

Never gonna happen unfortunately. Unlike hero skins, transmog would make them lose money because people would stop pulling on rare weapons only for their looks.

Fuz

Banned
Unlike hero skins, transmog would make them lose money because people would stop pulling on rare weapons only for their looks.
You gotta be kidding me. People would pull more to have more skins. Compulsion, completionism, boredom... that's lots of money for mihoyo.

Saber

Gold Member

Just watch them making Weapon Skin banners.

Anyway, I was the one who originally mention this with my brother. Was thinking that they have some good well designed weapons that aren't exactly attractive stat and effect-wise. So, instead people could use different weapon skins without necessarally changing the weapon. I like that 3 star club, but its kinda outclassed by better rank weapons so I would like to use a 4-5 star weapon with the spike club skin.

Problem is...this could lead to banner and paid weapons(something I don't like), which made me rethink that.

BlackM1st

Banned
People would pull more to have more skins.
season 5 episode 20 GIF

I seriously have no idea how it can unfold xD

BTW speaking of cool weapons. Got myself 2 Raven bows. Looks absolutely fantastic on Fischl. Makes me want to play with her ON field haha. "Unfortunately" I also have an R5 Rust, so... Hm... Decisions, decisions...

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
Anything mindblowing about these new people? Trying to save for ganyu rerun but wishing is so addictive.
Itto is decent, but not particularly strong. He doesn't rely on constellations or weapons, and is of a pretty unique element. Unless you like his design or playstyle, there's no need to pull for him specifically. He's easily replaced with any other DPS.

Gorou has been received with disappointment. Bennett is still a better support than him and much more flexible, so no need to wish for him or to build him if you're looking to optimize.

Ganyu is likely to be on the banner in three weeks. If you've been saving for her, I would continue to do so.

BlackM1st

Banned
Anything mindblowing about these new people? Trying to save for ganyu rerun but wishing is so addictive.
LOLNO

If you wanted a strong and cool claymore you should've pulled for EULA. Current banner is utter trash.

Cocogoat is the GOAT 🐐, so really, there can't be any comparisons...

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
Really? How come?
I didn't look too much into it, but it seems Gorou's buffs aren't as significant as previously expected. Only at C4 does he get a healing ability, but that's a lot of investment for one character to become slightly better than Bennet. In addition, Gorou has energy issues, whereas Bennet can easily charge himself. Bennett can also be placed in any team, so no element requirements like Gorou has.

It's still early days though. I'm sure people are still testing a bunch of combinations. Gorou could end up being better, but since most people already have a decently built Bennett it might not be worth the hassle.

I don't even know why I know all of this. I don't intend to use any of these characters. But well, that's the reception I've seen online.

Pejo

Gold Member
Gorou kit is already boring imo.
C'mon man, he opens up all new gameplay possibilities. Like this for instance. Why just hit it with a claymore user when you can now do this:

Man I just noticed this guy's team comp, it's like nega-me, using mostly characters I hate the most in the game.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
C'mon man, he opens up all new gameplay possibilities. Like this for instance. Why just hit it with a claymore user when you can now do this:

Man I just noticed this guy's team comp, it's like nega-me, using mostly characters I hate the most in the game.

Honestly after testing him, I feel like his burst should be his skill. And perhaps his burst could be a more interesting take than just a banner. Like an ultimate aura buff that affect all your party members.

Top Bottom