• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

YukiOnna

unknown.png

Last edited:

YukiOnna

As expected: Raiden Shogun - Chapter of the Heavenly Ruler Act 2 and Yae Miko - Chapter of the Sage Fox Act 1

BGM Rock version of Ei Phase 2

Anime PV

YukiOnna

Direct Feed PV

EDIT: PR
Darkness of unknown origins is looming in the recently opened Enkanomiya area, bringing unprecedented challenges for the Travelers. On the other side of Inazuma, the story of the Raiden Shogun continues, followed by the Story Quest of Yae Miko, accompanying her arrival as the latest five-star character.

The new seasonal event “Three Realms Gateway Offering” will challenge explorers with an area based on Enkanomiya that is haunted by unknown darkness. Once they have set foot in this area, characters will continuously accumulate corrosive darkness. A special gadget, the Bokuso Box, will be given to help resist the corrosive darkness, gain new abilities, and take down certain monsters. Open chests, unlock Waypoints and complete exploration objectives in the event area will all level up the Bokuso Box. The event will last the entire duration of Version 2.5, providing players with an ample amount of time to fully explore every corner and claim rich rewards including Primogems and the new 4-star catalyst weapon, Oathsworn Eye.

Tough enemies continue to appear in Inazuma. Beneath the water in Enkanomiya, players may encounter Standard Bearers, Line Breakers, and Defenders of the Shadowy Husk family, each type with different weapons, elements, and abilities. For instance, the Standard Bearer will create shields for itself and nearby Shadowy Husks if it hits a shielded character. On the other side of Inazuma, a formidable new Trounce Domain opponent arises, as Raiden Shogun’s Story Quest continues, promising to challenge players with intimidating combat mechanics.

More allies will also come to help. Yae Miko, the head shrine maiden of the Grand Narukami Shrine, will be joining as the new five-star Electro Catalyst user. With her Elemental Skill and Elemental Burst, Miko is capable of providing both constant damage off-field and high burst damage on-field. Meanwhile, players may also cross paths with Yae Miko as an unusual urban legend circulates throughout Inazuma. Yae Miko’s Event Wish will be available in the early stage of the update, followed by Event Wishes of Raiden Shogun and Sangonomiya Kokomi.

With Version 2.5, the “Divine Ingenuity” event will offer a chance for players to create their own domain. Participants of this event will be able to customize their own domains with a variety of terrain, mechanisms, traps, buffs and completion criteria. Moreover, players may also try out other players’ domain designs.

A series of concept art about the Chasm was revealed to fans and players in the latest Version 2.5 Special Program. Starting from Version 2.6, players will be able to explore this all-new map addition in Liyue.

Fun patch for me. Excited for all the story content from the Enka event and Shogun/Yae stories + Weekly Boss looks great. Ei fighting herself is foreshadowed in her profile.

Last edited:

crumbs

2.5 looks interesting so far. I've been saving and pre-farming for the Shogun, so it's good to know when her banner is actually available.

I guess I need to finish up the current Enka content before the 15th. I'm mostly caught up on the rest of Inazuma exploration, but still have about 50% of Enka plus needing to actually finish the story quest there.

BlackM1st

Banned
Once they have set foot in this area, characters will continuously accumulate corrosive darkness. A special gadget, the Bokuso Box, will be given to help resist the corrosive darkness
Oh the joy lmao

Dat "Geo Lord meta". Too strong! xD

Seems like an okay patch. Two new story quests, a new area in Enkanomiya, some interesting and unique events. Pretty good. However, only one new character, when recent patches have had at least two. It seems like 2.6 will also only have Ayato since no others were shown. If so, we're entering a bit of a draught.

My interest in the chasm has evaporated now that dendro doesn't seem to be a part of it. That was the only aspect that was exciting to me, and the only good reason to keep us from entering that place.

Overall... It's barely okay I guess? The next two patches just seem a bit lame to me.

Nankatsu

Man I kind of was saving for Ayato, because in concept a Head of a Clan would be dope. You'd hope for a more samurai stylish design, even more considering the setting he is from.

But damn his design looks horrible, it's a mix of prince / butler vibe that overflows with husbando.

Last edited:

crumbs

Oh the joy lmao

Dat "Geo Lord meta". Too strong! xD

Exploring in GI is probably my favorite aspect of this game, so it's really a head-scratcher that the devs continue to make exploring new areas as irritating as possible with these environmental hazards.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

I still haven't caught up on the news (just woke up) but let me remind everyone what a good time it is to invest in Kokocoin.

Also Dregnel Dregnel that Yaoi vibe thing is exactly what I hate about Ayato. I couldn't put my finger on exactly what it was at first. The fanfics about him and Thoma are about to write themselves.

No good ever came from Fujos.

YukiOnna

For those who didn't read it: The Enkanomiya event will last the entirety of Patch 2.5.
I still haven't caught up on the news (just woke up) but let me remind everyone what a good time it is to invest in Kokocoin.

Also Dregnel Dregnel that Yaoi vibe thing is exactly what I hate about Ayato. I couldn't put my finger on exactly what it was at first. The fanfics about him and Thoma are about to write themselves.

No good ever came from Fujos.

Sak continuing to draw Kokomi is a blessing. Also, seeing the amount of people suffering trying to save for Shogun and Kokomi this time around makes me glad I got them in their debut banners. Good fish.

Splash Art of Boss Ei

Pejo

For those who didn't read it: The Enkanomiya event will last the entirety of Patch 2.5.

Sak continuing to draw Kokomi is a blessing. Also, seeing the amount of people suffering trying to save for Shogun and Kokomi this time around makes me glad I got them in their debut banners. Good fish.

Splash Art of Boss Ei

God damn I want that outfit for playable shogun so bad. Doll joints and all. So good.

That and Tart's Foul Legacy mode. Let's get it movin' MHY.

I'm surprised nobody posted about this. It's more interesting to me than the stuff we already knew about:

o0dbwwlc9tf81.png

v5irvwlc9tf81.png

lw65qxlc9tf81.png

exq8zwlc9tf81.png

Chasm looks exactly like I hoped it would. I also hope there's a kingdom carved into the side of the canyon, like a dwarven ruin or something. I've always been a fan of that aesthetic.

*edit*

A few new leaks
vactamiwjuf81.png

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Yeah. When I saw the Relic/Ruin Serpent the first thing I thought was Onyx/Steelix. Looking forward to exploring it and seeing what we end up learning about the world. I hope it's like Enka where it has a different aesthetic from its nation.

Pejo

Yeah. When I saw the Relic/Ruin Serpent the first thing I thought was Onyx/Steelix. Looking forward to exploring it and seeing what we end up learning about the world. I hope it's like Enka where it has a different aesthetic from its nation.
What a strange thing to say, don't you know that all aesthetics originate in Liyue?

I'm really bummed about that leak if it's true that Yelan isn't Hydro.

*edit*

Also these leaks about Heizou are killing me. Supposedly he's a mustached ninja man that's shorter than the games most famous manlet Xiao.

j8tor3v2buf81.png

Last edited:

crumbs

Dendro rumors are not promising. You'd think that one of the first things the devs would have ironed out during development is how all the elemental reactions would work.

I'm also already dreading the inevitable Heizou mustache-ride fan art :messenger_downcast_sweat:

YukiOnna

Looking up who tf Yelan was sent me to paragraphs of people speculating it's Ping. My head.

All they have to do is copy Ryu Hayabusa or a Hattori Hanzo, but we're probably getting some One Piece Gold Roger midget.

crumbs

You would think that v2.6 would have a new 4 star if we're not getting one for 2.5. I wonder what the longest gap between new 4 stars has been? I don't think 1.2 and 1.3 had any new 4 stars.

Pejo

You would think that v2.6 would have a new 4 star if we're not getting one for 2.5. I wonder what the longest gap between new 4 stars has been? I don't think 1.2 and 1.3 had any new 4 stars.
Hanzou was supposed to be a 4* but now rumors are he's 5*. Guess we wait and see if he got Hu Tao'd. The 4* rumors were old and they also said he was Dendro so that bit's likely false anyways.
Looking up who tf Yelan was sent me to paragraphs of people speculating it's Ping. My head.

All they have to do is copy Ryu Hayabusa or a Hattori Hanzo, but we're probably getting some One Piece Gold Roger midget.
Yelan is that person that we've only seen in the Gooba cutscene with the spear. If Ping is an adeptus, she technically can shapeshift I guess? That whole adeptus ability seems just kinda "make it work however we need to continue the story". I still don't get how Zhongli can exist outside of the Exuvia and it still remains afterwards, but whatever.

So I spent some time trying to finish Enka today since I had the day off of work. What a fun zone. Some of the shit was really well hidden too. I've been trying to find that 5th book for the better part of a month and the pre-quest for it turned out to be hidden in a tiny ass room with a bombable wall (not a mechanic widely used in the game). I didn't use a guide but holy shit I'm amazed I actually found that. Got the achievements afterwards for finding all the sigils and stuff too.

Do you guys have 1 extra of each sigil at the end or did i just miss one of those icon puzzles?

Also that side quest about the ghost kids was pretty fucked up and sad.

a2lc2pwj5wf81.jpg

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Oh so Yae's after Shogun's Act 2
unknown.png

Yelan is that person that we've only seen in the Gooba cutscene with the spear. If Ping is an adeptus, she technically can shapeshift I guess? That whole adeptus ability seems just kinda "make it work however we need to continue the story". I still don't get how Zhongli can exist outside of the Exuvia and it still remains afterwards, but whatever.
Happy they detached her from Fu Hua though. I'm sure they'll add her in given her popularity, but it kind of looked nothing like her. I'm guessing Yelan is part of that clan water boy is from. As for the adeptus ability, I think they kept it intentionally vague from us so that they can have room to change things up rather than writing themselves into a corner. The EN localization can also suck as we know they messed up lore details, but I don't think it's that this time.
So I spent some time trying to finish Enka today since I had the day off of work. What a fun zone. Some of the shit was really well hidden too. I've been trying to find that 5th book for the better part of a month and the pre-quest for it turned out to be hidden in a tiny ass room with a bombable wall (not a mechanic widely used in the game). I didn't use a guide but holy shit I'm amazed I actually found that. Got the achievements afterwards for finding all the sigils and stuff too.
Nice. I got time this weekend so I'm going to go for the completion.
-2 Energy Points since Traveler not there.

I want that cringe EN VA stream again.
Do you hate yourself?

Fuz

Banned
Also these leaks about Heizou are killing me. Supposedly he's a mustached ninja man that's shorter than the games most famous manlet Xiao.
He's not supposed to be a ninja, isn't he the investigator? They're pulling a Detective Conan.
Do you guys have 1 extra of each sigil at the end or did i just miss one of those icon puzzles?
I think you missed one.
Or I did.
Damn, she's a big girl.

d7ifqy9nsuf81.jpg
You know, I'm confused.
Isn't the puppet the character we're actually using? We get Ei only inside the teapot.
There's another?

Last edited:

SSfox

Hanzou was supposed to be a 4* but now rumors are he's 5*. Guess we wait and see if he got Hu Tao'd. The 4* rumors were old and they also said he was Dendro so that bit's likely false anyways.

Also that side quest about the ghost kids was pretty fucked up and sad.

a2lc2pwj5wf81.jpg

Kokomi is pretty, sucks that i have to skip.

He's not supposed to be a ninja, isn't he the investigator? They're pulling a Detective Conan.
At least that's a more interesting concept than yet another husbando. I wish characters like Ioroi were playable.

You know, I'm confused.
Isn't the puppet the character we're actually using? We get Ei only inside the teapot.
There's another?
Looks like the puppet will somehow get corrupted, leading to this form.

Anyway, been thinking about what I should spend my primos on. Since there isn't much else on the horizon, I'm leaning towards Kokomi and Yoimiya. I really need a hydro user since the game refuses to give me Mona, and healing has become more important recently. I know Yoimiya isn't popular, but I like her anyway. I thought her play style was pretty fun when I got to try her in the potion event. The only other characters I'm interested in are Kusanali and maybe Kuki Shinobu, but we don't know anything about them. I have 277 wishes saved up right now, so even if I splurge on Kok and Yoi, I should be able to save enough for at least Kusanali.

Fuz

Banned
So, this might be useful to some of you.
I was wandering aimlessly around the beach killing samurais, none was dropping anything and I was puzzled, after I exterminated 4-5 groups a quest popped:
01.jpg

02.jpg
Which I thought it was a bug because
- I thought I already done all of the Inaba chain.
- Inaba wasn't where he was supposed to be (he went away after last step of his questline, AFAIR).
Thought for a while it was a bug, until I found a note on the ship and the quest progressed. There's also a 5 primos achievement tied to it.
I think they added more steps to it with a later patch, so go check it out if you didn't already.

Last edited:

crumbs

I was wandering aimlessly around the beach killing samurais, none was dropping anything and I was puzzled, after I exterminated 4-5 groups a quest popped:
01.jpg

02.jpg
- Inaba wasn't where he was supposed to be (he went away after last step of his questline, AFAIR).
Thought for a while it was a bug, until I found a note on the ship and the quest progressed. There's also a 5 primos achievement tied to it.
I think they added more steps to it with a later patch, so go check it out if you didn't already.
Yes, I had a similar experience. You can tell which samurai groups are a part of the quest because they don't have the black aura like the rest of the enemies in that area.

Fake

They said it's the last? That would suck with at least 3-4 more patches to go.

Well, Genshin Impact is a GAAS, so I expect a new region this year. Can't say for sure, but putting filer after filer make the game hyper boring.

If that leak about Baal leaving for good is real, I expect either Yae or Kokomi to command Inazuma for good and the Traveler will end his business with Inazuma for good.

Saber

Gold Member
01.jpg

02.jpg

Theres one in a cave too...can't remember quite well, was randomly warping there for gold challenges I think. It involves a sangou priestress being blocked by samurais from kanjou(I think the name is that, can't remember). You fight them, then you follow them to a harbor(the one from the stupidy daily comission item steal) only to discover their assossiation with fatui.

Might be not new for all you guys, maybe I'm just slow discovering those though.

Fuz

Banned
Theres one in a cave too...can't remember quite well, was randomly warping there for gold challenges I think. It involves a sangou priestress being blocked by samurais from kanjou(I think the name is that, can't remember). You fight them, then you follow them to a harbor(the one from the stupidy daily comission item steal) only to discover their assossiation with fatui.

Might be not new for all you guys, maybe I'm just slow discovering those though.
iu

Pejo

You know, I'm confused.
There's another?
No this is the puppet, just with archon powers unleashed or whatever. Rumor has it that the puppet views Ei's new way of thinking as a threat to its definition of "eternity" so we're forced to fight her while Ei supresses her power from the inside.

The character we're interacting with is the puppet but with 2 simultaneous personas - Shogun (robot) and Ei (the actual archon that inserted her consciousness into the puppet).

As far as it being "us", that goes back to my theory posted a few weeks ago that the traveler is actually just assuming the form of all of these characters internally, it's a manifestation of their constellations or memories. When outside characters see us fighting, we just look like the traveler doing all these moves of various elements. Only to the player can you actually see him transform into the various party members.

Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned
No this is the puppet, just with archon powers unleashed or whatever. Rumor has it that the puppet views Ei's new way of thinking as a threat to its definition of "eternity" so we're forced to fight her while Ei supresses her power from the inside.
math-lady.jpg

Top Bottom