• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

The new archon quest short or is it just me?
Yes and I mentioned in an earlier post, it essentially left us back at the very beginning before the quest even happened (as the traveler). At least we (the player) know some more stuff now, but it was possibly a negative total quest progress, since we lost the eye of the first tiller that other quests spent time procuring and protecting.

It was a fun little side story but if we're not getting another Dain quest for 6-12 months, it was a huge disappointment.

Haven't played any quests yet, but the flagship event for this one is really short and simplistic too. Despite all the characters, it still feels like a filler update. Those characters are probably a bit undercooked too.

According to first impressions, the new temporary area for 4.8 sucks too. Looks like we're in for a rough couple of months until Natlan releases.

I have ventured into the area released in 4.6 though, and what stuck out to me is how you don't have to equip annoying items or pick up objects in the world to engage with area-specific mechanics. Not sure if they've done this before, but it's a good thing regardless.

Pejo

WuWa question:

What is the icon/symbol above the ping on the top rightmost (like a bullseye)? It has that red mark and I don't know what to do to remove it.
That just means somewhere in your pause menu you have an unresolved notification. Could be inventory/event/quest/etc. When you get any type of "selector" item, it lights up your backpack, so check there if it's not obvious.

Pejo

So who's running the odds here, Chev on first banner, second banner, or skipped again?

D4gQkOr.jpeg

If I were them, I'd just save her until Natlan. But knowing MHY, I assume they'll just throw her on some nonsensical banner and call it a day.

Gotta say Navia/Nilou sounds like a really appealing weapon banner. I might go for that.

Pejo

If I were them, I'd just save her until Natlan. But knowing MHY, I assume they'll just throw her on some nonsensical banner and call it a day.

Gotta say Navia/Nilou sounds like a really appealing weapon banner. I might go for that.
Nilou's sword is BiS for quite a few characters now, and we only have a single HP% 4* sword, so it's a good pickup. Navia's axe is definitely one of the more aesthetically pleasing weapons, so I get it. I'm still waiting for better Emilie previews, but otherwise I'm not touching my stash until Natlan.

Ok Genshin GAF, what think you of a more Melusine Sige? I like it quite a bit more than the generic kid with gooey antlers.
lk7osxdos67d1.jpg

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
Man if Navia is rerunning I might go for her.
She’s one of the few characters left I would really like. That said, I have literally no other Geo characters other then Geo traveler and Ning lol oh I guess Noelle too. I hear she needs a bunch of support to function well, how true is that?

Pejo

Man if Navia is rerunning I might go for her.
She’s one of the few characters left I would really like. That said, I have literally no other Geo characters other then Geo traveler and Ning lol oh I guess Noelle too. I hear she needs a bunch of support to function well, how true is that?
Just somebody that can cause Crystallize really. I use Zhongli with her for various reasons. My go to team is Navia/Fischl/Kokomi/Zhongli because it makes lots of crystals and has high elemental off-field uptime. She's pretty great even on her own with a Hydro/Pyro/Electro charcter though. One of the easiest characters to play in years.

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
Just somebody that can cause Crystallize really. I use Zhongli with her for various reasons. My go to team is Navia/Fischl/Kokomi/Zhongli because it makes lots of crystals and has high elemental off-field uptime. She's pretty great even on her own with a Hydro/Pyro/Electro charcter though. One of the easiest characters to play in years.
I really like playing her in the various trials and events, I’m a fan for sure. I was just worried because I don’t have all her usual partners.

Is it crystallize specifically, or just a shield? Like could Thoma, Kirara, Layla work? Not sure the difference, and I know almost nothing about geo as I’ve largely ignored it the entire time Ive played 😅

Edit. Also keep in mind I won’t have her weapon either.

Last edited:

Pejo

I really like playing her in the various trials and events, I’m a fan for sure. I was just worried because I don’t have all her usual partners.

Is it crystallize specifically, or just a shield? Like could Thoma, Kirara, Layla work? Not sure the difference, and I know almost nothing about geo as I’ve largely ignored it the entire time Ive played 😅
Crystallize crystals become her "bullets" to boost her skill damage. So the more of them you collect or suck up while holding the skill button, the bigger the damage numbers, which make monkey brain happy.

Strictly speaking you don't need a 2nd Geo applicator, but it feels a lot smoother when she's not the only one creating her crystals due to internal cooldowns of reactions and her short imbue duration. I wouldn't use Kirara but one of the other two are probably fine. I don't think she even really needs a shielder since she fries most enemies in a shot or two + a few whacks. A thing you have to be mindful of is having reactions that erase the elemental application like how Pyro+Hydro creates vape and then removes both elements from the enemies. That will reduce her ability to make crystals and thus her damage. That's why I like Electro charged, since the Hydro will remain even after the reaction occurs.

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
Ohhh and electro charged will work nicely for me
Raiden and Kokomi, Navia and… extra spot? Fischl? Yelan? Hmmm if that could work, I could be interested hahahaha
would be nice to fill the Geo gap in my account too. 🤔

Pejo

Ohhh and electro charged will work nicely for me
Raiden and Kokomi, Navia and… extra spot? Fischl? Yelan? Hmmm if that could work, I could be interested hahahaha
would be nice to fill the Geo gap in my account too. 🤔
If you want to keep that theme and use a kinda/sorta shielder and add to damage, you could always go EoSF ER build Beidou for her Electro Shield+nice damage bonus. I might try that team out myself, sounds interesting.

Anyways, Star Rail bros - you pulling on Firefly tomorrow? I've got her pre-farmed and enough to hit pity once, hopefully I win the 50/50.

New Luofu arc is coming up (which I'm not excited about in the least) but the new characters look good at least.
Looks like she'll be getting her new Eidolons for free in the event/patch.

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
I have enough to pull for FF, but I don’t have any other break team members. And because of my pulling sprees recently, even though I got very lucky, I don’t have enough atm to 100% guarantee her if I lose the 50/50.

I love the design and may go for her regardless, but I was also thinking of saving for Jade just because I hear she’s a FUA character.

Actually took my FUA team into SU for the first time yesterday. Even with Robin and Topaz not fully maxed out, them plus Ratio and Luocha absolutely decimated World 3 (farming fleet of the ageless) and my clear time seemed faster then with Nihility. Stacking elation buffs is too good. Topaz even at E0S0 is a beast.

Last edited:

Pejo

I found this recently and it's now canon to me.

Wasn't expecting that twist lmao.

WuWa patch notes for 1.1 has some decent improvements:
  1. All blue and purple tuners can now be converted into gold tuners.
  2. Unlocking new Echo entries will give extra Union EXP, and for us players who have already unlocked every Echo in the game, we will receive the extra experience points via in-game mail.
  3. Reaching 100 Guidebook Activity Points gives us Echoes from a wide pool, which will now be reduced to only include 3 cost Echoes and 4 cost Echoes.
  4. Version 1.1 will increase the maximum Databank level to 21, which will also increase the Echo drop rarity to 100% golden. Meaning, no more purple Echoes.
  5. The Tacet Field reward animation will be entirely removed from the game.
  6. Echo leveling will have a lowered Shell Credit cost.
  7. The Cruisewing overworld challenge will now be simplified come Version 1.1
  8. Every character will have tags associated with them to help differentiate their roles and abilities from other characters.
  9. There are new controller mode optimizations.

Pejo

Won the 50/50 and got Firefly at around 80 something pulls. Not enough left to go for the Light Cone, but the more I look, the 4* Forgotten Hall cone isn't bad for her. I had all of the mats pre-farmed except obviously her signature relics. Even with just the fire set and the talia set, she's doing respectable numbers with Harmony Trailblazer. Her kit is pretty straightforward and strong, I'm pretty satisfied. It's caused me to do a major shakeup of my teams though, because just like Genshin, I don't like to use the same character in multiple teams. For now I'm running Harmony TB/Firefly/Tingyun/Natasha. I could definitely get more damage and better synergy if I moved Ruan Mei and Gallagher out of their respective teams, but fuck meta. Plus Ruan Mei is the only thing keeping my Himeko team relevant.

I kinda wish they'd move to 5 member parties. It'd be a whole lot more interesting for team comps

That Mortefi guy in WuWa is super strong for a 4*. He is matching or sometimes exceeding my 5* characters in dealing damage.
Reminds me of when the big tiddie 4* girl (Taoqi or whatever) was broken for a week or so because her 45% damage buff worked for the whole party instead of just herself as intended.

Last edited:

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
Star Rail:
I said F it and drained my resources on RM lol
Now just throwing whatever I get at FF and let the chips fall where they may already lost a 50/50 to Bronya

I have so many characters to build up now I don’t really want to play 😅

deanote666

The new event is terrible.

Either make a Mario or bullet hell level. Don't do both at the same time.

They made it so you can completely ignore the bullets and focus on just getting coins.

Pejo

The new event is terrible.

Either make a Mario or bullet hell level. Don't do both at the same time.

They made it so you can completely ignore the bullets and focus on just getting coins.
These are some of my most used characters so it was a walk in the park for me. Got "pink" medals on all stages except Chiori. But yea it was obviously a low effort event.

Pejo

I just can't enjoy Genshin after playing WuWa for 2 weeks. The combat and QoL features just make Genshin feel like a massive downgrade to play.
I kinda agree. Wuthering Waves has a lot to improve but it's made the gameplay of Genshin feel very flat. I'm really wishing that WW would allow 4 character parties though, that's the only thing I don't care for, being limited to 3. Wonder if it's a RAM issue and they're worried about low end devices or something?

Anyways, one-and-done web event for 40 primos + garbage for Sige.
Sigewinne's web event is now available! Take part to obtain Primogems~ https://hoyo.link/9RXjFBAL

Top Bottom