• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

jonnyXx

Unless Sige does something new, exciting, I'm probably skipping.

Does she do enough heals, hydro application to replace kokomi?
From what I can tell her only appeal is that she has team wide healing on skill, like Baizhu but sustained over time rather than a burst of healing.

Her hydro application is one of the worst in the game, definitely cannot replace Kokomi in that sense.

Unless Sige does something new, exciting, I'm probably skipping.

Does she do enough heals, hydro application to replace kokomi?
Better healing, worse hydro app. Her supportive capabilities are also much more limited compared to Kokomi. Kokomi can make great use of Thrilling Tales. Sigewinne lacks that.

She's one of the worst characters in the game unfortunately. Gets much better at C1 and C2, but who's stupid enough to invest that much?

Also, she doesn't provide BoL for other teammates. Her passive asks to play her with other BoL characters, but she has no synergy with Arle or Clorinde.

Pejo

8udv2U8.jpg

They're really building up Xblanquecheque as the big thing for Natlan. Will he be the first dark skinned character with a good kit, or will he be strong in lore but weak/bad kit like the rest?

Two five stars in 5.0, I'd imagine we'll start seeing drip marketing in a few weeks from HoYo official channels.

I'd love to see them reveal a few of the designs before Emilie banner, so I can decide if I'm gonna save or roll for her.

*edit*

Interesting stuff on the 4.8 general flow/story.
A new limited map with wind passage-way mechanics.
It's overall island themed
4.8 Event preview (SUS)
The player can ride Natlan dragon NPCs, but it's not known for sure that if dragon-riding will be a playable feature in Natlan. Scaramouche gains the companionship of Durin, and Durin can turn into a small critter to attach to him, if you have Scara's invitation, other characters can also ride Durin, such as Nahida and the Player.

Hexenzirkel special abilities: Predict the Future, Change the Future, Observe Samsara/ Reincarnation Cycles.

There's also some talk of playable Alice making the rounds.

Last edited:
Finally some good luck. Within 17 wishes I got Qiqi (C5) and Sigewinne. That's probably about what she's worth, and my hoard of primos is safe.

In other news:
X7sTqBV.jpeg

I'm hoping for Iansan to be a Catalyst brawler like Heizou and Wrio. Even better if she ends up a 5-star.

Pejo

Finally some good luck. Within 17 wishes I got Qiqi (C5) and Sigewinne. That's probably about what she's worth, and my hoard of primos is safe.
Congrats! Of all the times to get early pity, this was probably the most fortuitous. Even better since you lost the 50/50.
In other news:
X7sTqBV.jpeg

I'm hoping for Iansan to be a Catalyst brawler like Heizou and Wrio. Even better if she ends up a 5-star.
3PgIVaW.jpg

So maybe if Iansan is Hydro, that's her?

So maybe if Iansan is Hydro, that's her?
I always assumed she's Geo, because her preview art has her crushing rocks and she has that color scheme.

Iansan_Portrait.png

So she'd probably be the spear user? Possibly the freebie 4-star for Natlan. To be fair, weapon types don't really matter anymore, so the dream of her punching people isn't fully dead. But I saw some people being critical of that leak, so I'm gonna cope that they'll make her a 5-star yet.

Pejo

Holy shit Sigewinne is fucking AWFUL to play. Even just using her skill has an uncomfortably long charge time, feels like Charlotte all over again. What the fuck were they thinking with this kit???

The only saving grace is that the skill doesn't go into cooldown if you get hit out of it without the bubble launching. And her Burst is like 3 seconds long.

Just truly awful, my goodness.

Holy shit Sigewinne is fucking AWFUL to play. Even just using her skill has an uncomfortably long charge time, feels like Charlotte all over again. What the fuck were they thinking with this kit???

The only saving grace is that the skill doesn't go into cooldown if you get hit out of it without the bubble launching. And her Burst is like 3 seconds long.

Just truly awful, my goodness.
You're not wrong. The hold version does like 5% extra healing and damage. Unless you want to trap enemies for half a second or just enjoy the animation, there's absolutely no reason to use the hold version. As is, she does tons of healing with very little field time, but that's all she offers. The burst can deal okay-ish damage with Furina's buff, but even then it feels woefully short and applies little Hydro. Even as a 4-star she'd be somewhat bad.

I don't get what they gain from gimping characters like this. Won't it just piss people off? I'd love to know what feedback they got in the beta and why the company responded like they did.

Pejo

"flat chest" 😄
Important detail I guess.
I guess that means the teen model? I don't think we've had a flattie adult model yet. Navia's probably the flattest, or at least that bodice keeps 'em tucked away.

Official birthday art of Her Excellency, the Almighty Narukami Ogosho, God of Thunder
bbpojqu2bu8d1.jpg

*edit*

If we hadn't just gotten Cloud Retainer last year, I'd have disregarded this one as bullshit, but well..
Y2CwzVM.jpg

Last edited:

jonnyXx

I guess that means the teen model? I don't think we've had a flattie adult model yet. Navia's probably the flattest, or at least that bodice keeps 'em tucked away.

Official birthday art of Her Excellency, the Almighty Narukami Ogosho, God of Thunder
bbpojqu2bu8d1.jpg

*edit*

If we hadn't just gotten Cloud Retainer last year, I'd have disregarded this one as bullshit, but well..
Y2CwzVM.jpg
Huh, lantern rite leaks already.
If she has a crit dmg weapon then she must be at least a sub dps. Or maybe she's another plunge carry hence why her weapon suits Xiao 😜.

Pejo

Huh, lantern rite leaks already.
If she has a crit dmg weapon then she must be at least a sub dps. Or maybe she's another plunge carry hence why her weapon suits Xiao 😜.
I think it's absolutely hilarious how stuck Reddit is on Xiao. He fucking sucks, his gameplay style sucks, he gets out-Xiao'd by a modestly invested Cloud Retainer and gets schooled by Diluc or even Gaming otherwise. He's had like 2 dedicated supports already and still nothing makes him good. Wish every new character/weapon that comes out that in some way related to Xiao would not automatically be called "a Xiao ______". They need to let it go.

jonnyXx

I think it's absolutely hilarious how stuck Reddit is on Xiao. He fucking sucks, his gameplay style sucks, he gets out-Xiao'd by a modestly invested Cloud Retainer and gets schooled by Diluc or even Gaming otherwise. He's had like 2 dedicated supports already and still nothing makes him good. Wish every new character/weapon that comes out that in some way related to Xiao would not automatically be called "a Xiao ______". They need to let it go.
I think it's probably that they like the character, not his gameplay or power. He's a cool character, has a pretty good design, and a really great character demo. I'll admit I was tempted during his las rerun, though mostly because I have all the pieces for his best team (except C6 Faruzan) and because of this awesome mod.

65d46c0c3c633.jpg

Pejo

I think it's probably that they like the character, not his gameplay or power. He's a cool character, has a pretty good design, and a really great character demo. I'll admit I was tempted during his las rerun, though mostly because I have all the pieces for his best team (except C6 Faruzan) and because of this awesome mod.

65d46c0c3c633.jpg
To each their own. I personally don't care for him since his reveal/release, but he sure is popular so they must have done something right. Probably a lot of people like that 'puppy dog' trope where a character exists just to feel sorry for them and have them do whatever you ask/need.

Yae official birthday art:
wf08ztwif19d1.jpg

SSfox

bbpojqu2bu8d1.jpg

*edit*

Y2CwzVM.jpg

Xiao already has an op team with Furina, Xianyun, Faruzan C6. Wonder what Ping can provide more 🤔

Xiao already has an op team with Furina, Xianyun, Faruzan C6. Wonder what Ping can provide more 🤔
Sounds like it's just about the new weapon, not Ping herself. Xiao mains apparently have some kind of inferiority complex because his signature is a standard 5- star. Fitting, really.

No other character is treated this way. No one's begging for new Ganyu or Yoimiya teams.

Pejo

Xiao mains apparently have some kind of inferiority complex because his signature is a standard 5- star. Fitting, really.
This gave me a good laugh lol.

Apparently western Twitter is mad at that Yae birthday art I posted because supposedly they made her "look too cute and young" and it supposedly ruins her characterization.

These people are why western game female designs are basically men.

This gave me a good laugh lol.

Apparently western Twitter is mad at that Yae birthday art I posted because supposedly they made her "look too cute and young" and it supposedly ruins her characterization.

These people are why western game female designs are basically men.
They just released a trash character, but a slightly sheepish looking birthday art is what ruffles their feathers? They got their priorities straight.

Pejo

15 more min for me. Give me your opinion of her and then I'll see if I want to pull for her.
Super strong (duh) but i'll be honest, she kinda flips and warps around too much. Feels like I'm playing a cutscene generator instead of a character. I've only been fighting easy stuff trying out her moves, but I prefer the more deliberate characters where you can actually get a feel for what they're doing. The wind dragon guy was a bit 'braindead' in that regard, and I feel kinda the same way about Jinhsi.

Nankatsu

Seems like main quest for 1.1 WuWa is actually pretty good, judging from what I've come across reddit.

Haven't done any pulls, and for the time being won't pull. Need to try her out first.

Top Bottom